Ben Affleck to play Batman in Superman Sequel.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23806756

Umm yeah, My Facebook and twitter has been going wild about this and granted the last comic book role he done was abysmal but, it might work who knows? the film won't be out for another 2 years.

I think what people are going to do is compare it to the Nolan/Bale version of Batman which worries me as it won't be the same person.

what do you think?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
cVygovI.jpg

People are stupid. Affleck is a great actor (and Director/Writer), he can pull it off and honestly physically he fits the bill as Bruce better then Bale did (bale was to lean). I think he can pull it off easily.

People were afraid Ledger would fail.. then they were afraid he would be compared to Nicholson whom was also a completely different Joker. And look were we are now.

I think people who dont know jack about movies, actors and comics are the ones blowing it up on FB, twitter ect lol.

I personally cant wait to see if he nails it, though I do think he will either nail it or fail miserably. There wont be an in between. Either way Im happy he was chosen there are certainly far worse choices to make.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ben Affleck is a pretty damn good actor, he fits a lot better for Bruce Wayne than Christian Bale. I think he's at least going to do fine, I'll wait for a trailer to give further judgement.

Don't hate on Nicolas Cage that movie would've been flawless. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm expecting great things. Ben Affleck has come a long way and deserves another chance in the genre after the director forced him to fuck up daredevil. He'll be alright. I'm just more interested who will be Lex Luthor.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder though, will they re-invent the Batman character again, or will this be Nolan-Batman with just a different actor?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I'm curious as to what Batman's role in the film will be. Will he be a major character, a minor character, or just a cameo? Will any other DC comics superheroes such as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. appear as well?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder though, will they re-invent the Batman character again, or will this be Nolan-Batman with just a different actor?

Different Batman altogether.

I'm curious as to what Batman's role in the film will be. Will he be a major character, a minor character, or just a cameo? Will any other DC comics superheroes such as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. appear as well?

As far as I know, the movie is basically gonna be Superman VS Batman.

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
I think he'd make a decent Bruce Wayne as well. I just am not as confident in his ability to make a good Batman. His face is just too happy, and his shoulders don't look broad enough. But I suppose padding could take care of that second problem.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Well, this is hard to call. Affleck is either great or godawful. Argo was great, he did great both acting and directing that. Only time will tell.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm a fan of Affleck and confident he will do well. I'm also apparently the only person here who loved "Daredevil."

I liked it as well. It was definitely one of the better superhero movies of that era. Seriously almost all of them were crap in early 2000's.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
"Elektra" certainly was. The director's cut of that just added more suffering for the viewer while the "Daredevil" director's cut made an already good movie even better.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't remember enjoying Daredevil all that much :monster:

That said, it had Michael Clarke Duncan, and the actors gave it their best (lolColinFarrell), so I don't remember having negative feelings about it either , lol

Ben Affleck? Well, as a person he doesn't give me the same Batman vibe as Christian Bale. From all the tabloid shit we've heard of Bale, he's a part-lunatic/sociopath, whereas Affleck has a lot of that nice-guy image :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think that's what he needs, at least for the Bruce Wayne persona. That's the mask Batman wears -- a cheerful playboy socialite known for his charity work.

Underneath that, the real guy is a fucking mess. But I think Affleck can pull that off too.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I remember when lots back then used to say Keaton almost looked like he couldn't play Batman, because of the WTF factor on his appearance as Bruce Wayne. That's the optic illusion Ben can take a shot at.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Daredevil is watchable especially the Director's cut but Elektra is a pile of shit, I'm embarrassed for that movie and I had absolutely nothing to do with it. Elektra also has the honor of being a Genre killer for leading ladies in comic book/video game movies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
IMHO if this movie sucks, it isn't going to be because of Ben Affleck.

I really have no opinion on this casting, to be honest.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Elektra isn't single-handedly responsible for killing female superhero films; we can't forget Catwoman either.

I'm sure Affleck will be fine.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Catwoman and Tomb Raider 2 appear as the other two culprits in the genre killer entry. Catwoman is the bigger offender of the three IMO. That movie was appalling and had zero to do with the actual DC Catwoman.

Top Bottom