• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Best Free CD ripping software?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
And by 'best' I just mean, not full of fucking malware or whatever.

I need to digitize some stuff but I hate using Windows Media because you have to convert it to MP3 and it takes too fucking long. I tried VLC but I don't know what the fuck is up with it, doesn't seem to want to do it even after I updated.

What do you guys use?

I've forgotten if I used the software in conjunction with something else, but I used EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip the music from my old Majora's Mask OST cds.

There are many confusing customization option because EAC assumes you know the audio-tech lingo, but I was still able to make functional rips of said music. If I were to rip more audio I would probably learn how to optimize the file size, as my rips resulted in quite huge MP3s.

As for a general video/music player, I always use PotPlayer.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Uh well I know it's the devil, but if it is an audio CD you are looking to rip, I've always just used iTunes. Fast, easy imports (you just have to faff about in the folders to find the actual files) and you can import in one of like three possible formats.

I'm sure there are many better options out there but it's what I've used for ripping music (rarely for playing it these days though)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nothing, I've never owned CDs :monster:.

The conversion will probably stay, unless you like having 700MB worth of .wav files per CD. WMP works, but it's kinda shit (last time I checked). iTunes also works, or at least it did when I first got it (iirc that was one of the selling points of itunes back then).

But probably the easiest is to just download it off of thepiratebay or whatever. If it's rare music, I still have a rutracker.org account which has a fuckton of music.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
In the end I got impatient and downloaded something called Fairstars CD ripper. Relatively straightforward and did the job. And I think it's malware free but if it isn't....well it was Mr Octo's computer anyway :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
In the end I got impatient and downloaded something called Fairstars CD ripper. Relatively straightforward and did the job. And I think it's malware free but if it isn't....well it was Mr Octo's computer anyway :monster:

Got Malware / Adware / Spyware? Download these:

MalwareBytes

Spybot Search&Destroy

Free simple and fairly reliable.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't tbf, anti-malware tools have a strong tendency to be malware themselves, or scareware (making you REALLY CONCERNED about malware whilst not actually fixing it), etc.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I wouldn't tbf, anti-malware tools have a strong tendency to be malware themselves, or scareware (making you REALLY CONCERNED about malware whilst not actually fixing it), etc.

MalwareBytes is generally trusted. I know a fuckton of those fake AV programs exist, but there have been no such reports that I know of about MalwareBytes of S&D (though if you've heard any, let me know.)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
MalwareBytes is generally trusted. I know a fuckton of those fake AV programs exist, but there have been no such reports that I know of about MalwareBytes of S&D (though if you've heard any, let me know.)

read this and weep. Antivirus and antimalware software has a tendency to really fuck shit up, and they shouldn't be necessary.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
In a similar vein to this, does anyone know of good software for ripping the audio from Blu-Ray discs?

To say there are a lot of competing software for that out on the internet would be an understatement.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yeah, that's the one I've seen mentioned the most too. And I have VLC media player already so I don't have to worry about how to listen to it afterwards.

Top Bottom