Best game that's "Pandemic-related" you ever played?

wildestdream

Pro Adventurer
As the title says, what "pandemic" (board game/ game expansion/ post-apocalyptic pandemic-caused) game from all platforms have you played that's best for you?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Plague inc.

Best plague simulator available :P

That said the division 2 ain't too bad, was on the Xbox store for £3 the other week and follows a decent enough story about how society crumbles after a biological attack.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Ooh I've been looking into getting this. How do you like it? (Sorry I'm not just trying to stalk your posts in this thread, lol)

No worries lol! I am a big fat lazy, so it actually makes me sweat and feel sore. I hate exercise, so the fact that it's gameified really helps me stay motivated.

The game itself is a veeeery simple JRPG. There's maybe 5 enemy types, 1 boss that's recurring, and every level is jusy an environment to run straight through. I've only played the story mode, but there's other game modes I want to try once I get my general fitness level up :P I went at it hard for about 3 weeks, but had to put it down for a while due to an unrelated injury. I'm about a week back into it again now, doing 15 active min per session.

I haven't stuck with it long enough to see any significant differences in my weight or anything, but there's immediate improvement in my posture! I'm also definitely sore, so it must be doing something.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
There's an old Russian PC game called "pathalogic" that's a game about going to a strange town and trying to cure the plague that's infecting it. Never played it myself, and apparently it's oppressively difficult, but it's something.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I like how a handful of people have gone from trying to not thinking about the pandemic to fully leaning into it, as playing a pandemic game during a pandemic is certainly one surefire way to do the latter.

Now question is, would people rather play a game where they heal the populace, or spread the virus further?

wildestdream

Pro Adventurer
I can't tell if you're looking for comparisons to the game Pandemic, or if you're referring to games people have discovered during Covid.
Sorry, was looking for a game that it's story exist in a pandemic era or close.

Btw, I do play more in ps4 so and I've played some like Death Stranding but it was before our current situation. I see lots of recommendations from you guys though, thanks!

Top Bottom