Best Games You Played in 2008

Nega Adri

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The year has come and gone, but 2009 has only just begun. Before you go off and quickly make a list of the best games that came out in 2008, note that this thread doesn't necessarily ask that of you. Here, you can make a Top 10 (or less)of the games you've just picked up and played in the past year (ie: Kingdom Hearts II). Or, you know, just go with games that were released in '08 and you played.:monster:

Mine are:

1. Gears of War
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus
3. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
4. Bioshock
5. Dead Space
6. Mass Effect
7. Patapon
8. Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
9. Guitar Hero: World Tour

I can't even think of 10. I'll admit I'm not able to get too many games in a year due to budget.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Gears 2

Gta4

Dead Space

a bunch more, way too many tbh.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Of course MGS4, DBZ Burst Limit, Burnout Paradise, DMC4, Megaman 9, WipEout HD, Crisis Core, Pixeljunk Eden, and the best of all, Sega Superstars Tennis.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
MGS4 was such a huge fucking disappointment for me.

Storywise that is, the gameplay was awesome.

Nega Adri

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Hopefully I'll be getting my PS3 this summer and can play MGS4 and a few other PS3 exclusives.

I've also played a bit of SSBB and DBZ: Tenkaichi 3 or one of the more recent editions. Regardless, I didn't play either enough to put them on my list. Just a few rounds of Versus.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Don't you mean Chains of Olympus?

Lol.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Fuck!

My mistake! :monster:

Edit by the Great Old One, He that Lieth Dead that Ever Dreameth, whom is Worthy of thy Adulations, whom shall Rise when the Stars are Aligned, and whose Kingdam shall Cover the Earth: Uncensor'd.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No prob :monster:

Pretty sure you're not the first person to make that mistake.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy 1 PSP
Dragon Quest 4: Chapters of the Chosen
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Um, there are others but I don't remember them off-hand.

kunoichi

dead
From what I can remember (and due to the fact that I've been on a gaming break) the only games that I liked and got round to playing was:
DMC4
Persona 3
Odin Sphere
Mass Effect
And even though I've only played the jap version of crisis core when it came out, I'm going to say that too.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Not in any particular order:
-Crisis Core
-The World Ends With You
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.
-Final Fantasy IV DS
-Persona 3 FES

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Well, since Crisis Core is the only game I played in 2008...

Yeah, I'd say Crisis Core.

Wait, no, I think I also played FFT and Jeanne D'arc on the PSP in 2008. They also earn honorable mentions.

Nancysing

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Nancy, Altoangel, DireChimes
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=262.msg7978#msg7978 date=1231900292]
Well, since Crisis Core is the only game I played in 2008...

Yeah, I'd say Crisis Core.

Wait, no, I think I also played FFT and Jeanne D'arc on the PSP in 2008. They also earn honorable mentions.
[/quote]
This exactly, minus Jeanne D'arc.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Id have to say:

Crisis Core
Star Ocean First Departure
Uncharted
MGS4
Valkyria Chronicles (still playing)
LBP
Eternal Sonata
Resistance 2 (it was ok)

I cant remember what else I played but I feel like Im forgetting something. Oh FF4 DS. It was alright as well. I like the playstation version better actually.

RyougaSaotome

Rookie Adventurer
A pretty sick year for gaming, but if I had to choose...

MGS4
TWEWY
FFIV
Chrono Trigger DS

I'd include Dissidia, but it was so close to the end of the year, I'm not sure it'd be legitimate.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Saints Row 2
GTA IV
Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2
annd Chrono Trigger DS.

Yukitsune

Rookie Adventurer
Valkyria Chronicles is probably my most favoured game of 2008. It was just so enjoyable and though it felt short, it still had an impressive playtime of over 40 hours, which is a lot, considering the length of time it takes to complete most other Next-Gen RPGs.

The World Ends With You was the best DS game I'd played in 2008; probably Square Enix's best DS game, since its contenders were the flop that was Revenant Wings, the Crystal Chronicles sequel... and while FFTA2 seems to be an improvement over FFTA, it still doesn't scrape across the surface of TWEWY.

There are probably more I could list, but for now, I'll just leave it at those two; a home console and a hand held console game, lol

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
the only one I feel comfortable with was... Dead Space. I only played it in the PS3 on late 2008.

Top Bottom