• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

best movie soundtracks

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
oh god incoming youtube spam

Sucker Punch
has a fantastic soundtrack.

Some Moon fgj:

And Definitely Maybe. Really everything ever composed by Clint Mansell:

I know Hanna and more specifically Hanna's Theme has already been mentioned but to stress how awesome the soundtrack truly is:

Some Sherlock Holmes:

Harry Potter:

And one of my all-time favourites, Little Miss Sunshine:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
He said...death was his father's road to awe.

Tron's soundtrack was pretty amazing as well.

Recogniser was my favorite track, tbqh.

Now I know people tend to gush over John Williams' work an awful lot, but there's a reason for it

He's pure musical talent

On the other end of the spectrum here's a guy who can compose, direct and edit all by his lonesome (which is pretty fuckin' good talent if you ask me)

There's something special about The Spirit soundtrack. It has pretty wistful harmonica and oboe sounds along with that sweeping feeling that David Newman typically brings to his composition. The soundtrack complements the sheer absurdity in the movie very, very nicely, and backs up grand sequences very well too.

EDIT: I know a lot of you consider The Spirit to be a terrible movie, but fuck yall I enjoyed the hell out of it because it was so batshit insane XD

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
+respect for MBV.

The movie was alright I guess but I fucking love Explosions in the Sky.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie

Was all I could find of this soundtrack on youtube. This movie needs more love.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
considering what day it is today...

On that subject, I remember listening to Revenge of the Sith's opening when my bro bought the soundtrack and when I heard it for the very first time I got shivers down my spine by the shit getting real as soon as the opening crawl music ended :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The opening sequence of Revenge of the Sith almost singlehandedly redeemed the prequels. Almost.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
HOW?! How was this forgotten?!

Anything and everything out of all three of these movies is absolutely amazing. Bar none.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
My 3 favorite tracks from Transformers: Revenge Of the Fallen movie -

OMG, this track from the OST made me cry soooo much ;_;
Infinite White ~ Steve Jablonsky

This one is just beautiful too and my second favorite after the above track.
Matrix Of Leadership ~ Steve Jablonsky

And my 3rd favorite, which I love because of the sense of foreboding mystery.
Einstein's Wrong ~ Steve Jablonsky

---------

And 3 more favorite tracks from Transformers (the first movie) :D

My top favorite off of the first movie OST, which was just amazing as fuck.
Arrival To Earth ~ Steve Jablonsky

My second favorite, which fits Optimus incredibly well and has this ages old/wise man feel to it.
Optimus ~ Steve Jablonsky

My last favorite, which encompasses the Autobots nicely n.n
Autobots ~ Steve Jablonsky

~ Raz

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Tenmon is good at this sort of emotional shit

I'm going to have to use this somewhere

Ghost X

Not in any particular order: "Highway to the Danger Zone! I'll take you right in to the Danger Zone!" Ah, back in the 80s. I remember songs from the Top Gun's OST being played all the time when I was a kid. Saturday Night Fever's OST is made almost of Beegee's songs, which is not a bad thing. When has an OST from a film had such an impact on the music industry since? Not that popularity means anything, when it comes to one's personal tastes. I certainly dislike Top Gun's OST now.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I can't believe nobody posted this yet:

"Now We are Free" - Hans Zimmer, Gladiator

Hans Zimmer is a god. Another from him that literally drove me to tears:

Also this cult movie from the 70's, Vampyros Lesbos (yep, that's right, Lesbian Vampires :desu: ) has one of the best soundtracks ever:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Lord of the Rings. Whenever I listed to the tracks it feels like I'm inside the movie :>

Here are my personal favorites:

Bridge of Khazad Dum

-This is just suspenseful and the chanting men with drums is awesome. Combined with the scene this music is just so perfect.

Breaking of the Fellowship - so beautiful and gives me friendship feels

Samwise the Brave - made the Hobbit's theme sound epic, and this sounds touching

King of the Golden Hall (Rohan's theme in general)
- it's just majestic and beautiful and some of the parts is fitting to Eowyn- a heroic lady.

Evenstar
- It feels just like sadness in the passing of time, Arwen's fate basically.

Into the West - perfect ending music, beautiful lyrics. The song was actually inspired by a real person, a 17 year old filmmaker who has cancer. Jack allowed him to be on the set, meet the actors and even lend their equipment to him. I think he died before the films were finished.

Collateral has a fantastic soundtrack.

And of course:

laurence

Pro Adventurer
The sounds from the Stanley Kubrick films which make an eerie addition to the already mysterious atmosphere.
From the top of my head, other soundtracks i like are: Once upon a time in America, LOTR, Scarface, the good the bad & the ugly, and star wars.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
How come I didn't see this earlier? :monster:

There are too many OSTs that I like, but I'll try to make a selection.

Because listening to this track I always pictured Smaug burning down Lake Town :monster:

Sorry, I can't think of more right now :monster:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Hmmmmm

You know shit's about to get real when this starts playing :monster:

Personally I love the entire soundtrack to the LoTR trilogy but this is my favorite from the OST.

Another one where I think the entire OST is phenomenal, but this is perhaps the most popular track.

Myself and Amizon used to fangasm over this track so much when Avengers first came out and it still gets me pumped for the movie.

I could list a lot of Disney songs on here, put it would probably become a tl;dr post :monster: Circle of Life is not only my favorite song from the Lion King but my favorite Disney song followed by Phil Collins and the Tarzan OST and then Hercules :monster:

EDIT:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Oblivion (2013) is an underrated film that I love but I wouldn't have loved it as much without the epic soundtrack by M83.

I think it was pure genius to blend the overly dramatic, powerful soundtrack with the clean, bland, and very isolated look of the film.

This one plays during a love scene in a pool (some fans are arguing over its 'inappropriateness' but I think it works just fine)

Another great track.

This is just one of my favorite songs of all time.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, Let It Be, Star Wars, the Lion King, and Flash Gordon have some of my favorite soundtracks.

Top Bottom