• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

Possibly the best trailer so far at E3, I've never played the first game but this has me excited.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Holy crap!!

I absolutely loved the first game. It was more, uh, family friendly than this one looks, but with 10 years between titles, that's fine. What I loved about the first one was the emphasis on non-combat encounters, especially the use of the character's camera. Again, this looks like a... completely different kind of game. Awesome! I never expected a sequel, and this is such a bold departure that I'm even more excited.

(Y'all should still play the first one, even if it's only tangentially related.)

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't know anything about the first gaem besides the front cover and the good reviews. This movie looks interesting :monster:

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
For me this was the best announcement of this E3. I loved the first, and I'm happy that they have denied the rumor about the exclusive on switch for a year.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Kotaku: What BG&E2 is now, and what its creators dream it can be

That stuff sounds really ambitious.

“I’m changing the time,” Ancel said as he then zoomed out so that the camera pulled back from the atmosphere into outer space. Many games have day/night cycles, but in this demo, “Changing the time” meant actually making the planet rotate on its axis as it moved around a star, causing the light from the star to hit the surface differently. “There is a universal simulation,” he said. “There are galaxies. It’s not just changing the color of the sun. Everything is rotating.”

Brunier described encounters with the makers of other gaming tech that wasn’t equipped to do coffeehouse-to-cosmos zooming. “When we work with other guys on other engines and we say we need to travel 20,000 kilometers per hour on the planet, they say, ‘What are you talking about?’ When we say, ‘We need to display special effects at 200km away from the player, they don’t… they are not doing these kinds of things usually.’

“We want the player to be able to go from a small bar in a very shitty part of the city, closing a deal with a weird pig mobster and leaving because you’ve closed the deal and you just stole what you wanted and go away to another planet. And that can only be done with what we currently have with the technology. Now we’ve got this running. We’re not finished yet. But now we can start developing what we meant to at the time.”

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I have the first game but never finished it (I think I stopped close to the middle point of the game), guess now I have a reason to pick it up again.

Can someone tell me why the original is so loved? All I know is a pig man, a lady named Jade, and she scans dna with a camera or something.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
To be honest, I'm super skeptical as to whether they can pull this off in an actual game.

I'll believe they can pull it off, what I'd be skeptical about is whether they can make a procedurally generated world thing fun to play in.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Can someone tell me why the original is so loved? All I know is a pig man, a lady named Jade, and she scans dna with a camera or something.

I was not a fan of the pig man at first, but he (and all the characters) are quite rich and lovable. In tone, it falls somewhere between "Jak and Daxter" and "Jak II." It's a simple game with incredibly fun sequences, with emphasis on stealth and puzzles. I really enjoyed how little combat there is overall, and the combat encounters are all unique and interesting. It's not very long, iirc a dozen hours might do it. I'd go on but it would spoil the fun of discovery.

edit: I am very impressed by that tech demo, and with the devs attitude. Seeing the "real sunset" thing in action makes me so freaking excited.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I thought this was a prequel.

Why do they know who Jade is.

From my understanding and vague posts on Reddit it seems as if the studio never actually said this was a prequel. Everyone just jumped on the theory that the main character shown was jade's mother and the story must be the events leading to the first game.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Beyond Good and Evil 2 Requires an Internet Connection

Will we always need an internet connection even if we're playing BGE2 solo?

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience. As such, the game will only be playable with an internet connection in order to have seamless navigation, receive dynamic updates, and play with friends (which is certainly better when you're playing as a Space Pirate!). The choice to play co-op, however, remains yours to make, so playing BGE2 solo is absolutely possible if you're into that lone Space Pirate kinda thing...

Top Bottom