Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn

Ghost X

Wouldn't be surprised if they were rather one dimensional compared to Harley. Otherwise... wouldn't they show them off also? :mon:. "HEY, LOOK AT THIS AWESOMELY WRITTEN MOVIE FULL OF GREAT AND INTERESTING CHARACTERS!" <-- How I would market a film :awesome:.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
That would be the concern, yes. Even Suicide Squad could do that. I'm sure Margot will perform, but the others are what you have to sell to me right now.

The other part of my reaction is 'Montoya, what are you doing in this movie?'

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
And I'm back. It's...okay.

Huntress was good, but the story does end up being the Harley Quinn show. There's nothing wrong with the performance, but I'm just not quite on board with warm fuzzy Harley.

She was weirdly demoted, back in Suicide Squad she was considered dangerous in her own right, now suddenly she just had a scary boyfriend and relied on his protection. Odd choice.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Is this normal practice?
Usually only if the movie is underperforming and the studio suspects the title may be discouraging/confusing/not informative enough about what the movie actually is.

Obviously rebranding a movie from one market to another is common, but doing so within its original market is way less so.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I admire the creative team for sticking to their guns on this movie as a whole. I think they banked on what kind of results they were going to get but they were able to do what they wanted to do. Hopefully the global return and proceeds from the rest of february will be enough to get a new gotham city sirens greenlit ???

Top Bottom