Black Mage Village (Final Fantasy IX) - A take on the score from the amazing Squarenix video game

atfour

Rookie Adventurer
Love the Black Mages Village and really like your take on that. The electronic dressing you've chosen suits this track a lot. I especially like the fragment with the second motif, from 0:58, and the introduction of synths (uh, I dunno how to call that) from around 0:24. The beginning sounded foreign to me, though, with its electro guitar and key thirds instead of octaves (I believe they were octaves in the original) being a little intrusive. Aside from that, I think your decisions really gave a nice touch to the original and I'd definitey check out your other FF arrangements should you come up with any. :)

Zitoon

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Zitoon
Hi buddy,
well thanks for the feedback, this is great and I appreciate you taking some of your time for this.

I've always found FF9's OST one of the best, and who doesn't remember the Black Mage village right ?! Also it reminds me of Nobuo's TBM rock band which is just amazing so this is kind of a tribute to the whole lot I guess.

I have changed a few things on this take, but without deviating too far from the original, in term of instruments and structure.

I am no professional and I just enjoyed making a bit of music on the side. This is actually the first time I work and release, and I intend to revisit a couple more tracks from FF9. I am very excited, I am currently working on Freya's Theme. I find the original score conveys so much emotion. I don't think it will be to everyone's taste but hey, I just want to be creative and share, so by all means stay tuned !

Top Bottom