• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Black Panther

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Stan Lee was speaking at the Fan Expo Canada on Friday (via Comic Book Resources), and let it slip that the Black Panther movie indeed was happening (instead of being this juicy rumor that no one at Marvel will confirm just yet). When addressing the question of whether or not Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow character soon will get her own solo movie, Lee explained:
The chances are she will have her own movie because eventually all the superheroes are going to have their own movies. They are already working on Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther, and there are others I am not allowed to talk about."

Source

I know he also mentioned Doctor Strange but I think we all already knew that was coming.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I kinda wonder. "Working on it" doesn't necessarily mean it's definitely gonna happen if it's still just in script stage.

Doctor Strange already has a director attached and Joaquin Phoenix is in final talks for the role so that one's officially happening at least.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, if he said there are others he's not allowed to talk about, that seems to imply -- in my mind anyway -- that the rest are still in the script-y limbo-y "We probably will, but we're not sure when yet" stage.

This is cool news. I like T'Challa quite a lot. He's especially been an interesting character here lately in "New Avengers." More than anything, though, I just want confirmation of Captain Marvel played by Katee Sackhoff. :sadpanda:

See, I want it so much I used the panda. When do you see me use panda??

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think they should get some unknown African actor (not African American) to do the role of the Black Panther.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm curious as to whether they'll take the route of him being young and just coming into the title of the Black Panther (and King of Wakanda) or if he'll have been at it a while. I figure it will be the former.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I'm curious as to whether they'll take the route of him being young and just coming into the title of the Black Panther (and King of Wakanda) or if he'll have been at it a while. I figure it will be the former.

I also think they should get the actor from East Africa because of the fact that the country where he comes from seems to be located there.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Aren't they currently employing this "no more origin stories" rule?

Ghost X

Well, if we are after an African-African, wherever Wakanda is supposed to be, it will be interesting to see if they even get the ethnicity right for that particular region. "African" after all is not an ethnicity, it's a blanket statement :P.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I'm gonna be skeptical about this. A year or two ago there's supposedly gonna be a Black Widow movie but then Marvel's official line-up until 2017 doesn't have it.

I'm not sure how long the MCU will last but if Black Panther isn't in Phase 3 I doubt he will still have his film. If he does have his film it will be a disservice if he isn't able to be a main in Avengers sequels.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well I guess it's an origin for Scott Lang of sorts but the Ant-Man suit and shit has been around for a while already apparently from what I have heard.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well I guess it's an origin for Scott Lang of sorts but the Ant-Man suit and shit has been around for a while already apparently from what I have heard.

Isn't that just essentially like what they did in The Incredible Hulk with the main origin story covered in the opening montage, but they covered details about his origin in normal conversation throughout the film?

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Possibly. Point is, even if the rumor's true and they do no more origin stories they'd still inform you about the origin stuff but not go through it in all its "HOW DO I SHOT WEB"-details so you don't see the dude in the suit until the movie's halfway over. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think they would be silly not to do origin stories anymore. People love those -- that discovery of purpose, finding a greater strength within than that of the superpowers you received, etc.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Best thing Panther ever did was acknowledge that Spidey has the heart of a king and give him some of his super-empowering herbs to eat because of it. Aside from that, I always found T'challa pretty meh to outright annoying.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Ryan Coogler will direct Black Panther

Also, I have to say BP looks
5694459b5e936.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So now that we've seen him in Civil War, I am unbelievably excited for this, but this interview might just be the best thing ever.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It was ~destiny~

No but to be honest, as much as I was fangirling over Spider-Man Black Panther was the true show-stealer in Civil War. At least for me anyway.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
I am very curious what direction they will go with this movie. Rather it will be a prequel to Civil War, or jump off from there. Really enjoyed the character in Civil War, and honestly would have like to seen a bit more of him.

Top Bottom