• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bleach (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Sorry to be so brief after such a HUGE, well thought out post, but does it seriously bother anyone else that LTDs generate strong fandom, but also fandom that hates the other half, because of explicitly and carefully unclarified pairings, when they both love THE SAME SERIES/GAME?!

X :neo:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
...Not really. XD

I mean, there are a lot of people out there who can have perfectly civilized and enjoyable debates about shipping, it's just that they tend to get drowned out by the few extremists, as is so often the case in any debate.

I mean, I honestly think there's a lot less ship-induced hate out there than people think. It's just that the ones who do hate yell and scream and throw loud tantrums at anyone who disagrees with them.

And personally I love LTDs because they tend to generate a lot of fascinating subjects that have nothing to do with shipping. I mean, the LTD here is, no offense, boring as fuck, but it has this habit of sprouting off on tangents (or at the very least, offtopic spam) that makes me click on it anyways.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I mean, there are a lot of people out there who can have perfectly civilized and enjoyable debates about shipping, it's just that they tend to get drowned out by the few extremists, as is so often the case in any debate.
I think this was honestly what I was confusing Syn's response for. Admittedly, I have been reading a loooot of fandom wank wherein people say stupid things like 'YOU MUST LOVE ORIHIME BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO BE IN THE MANGA FOREVER MWAHAHA' and 'RUKIA IS NOT A PRINCESS IN THAT COLOR SPREAD SHE IS A GEISHA/NOT A GEISHA SHE IS A PRINCESS THEREFORE THIS PROVES SOMETHING'.

at the same time I will probably come up with a response to her post eventually once I get all my shit together. If that's fine with her, of course. :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Sorry to be so brief after such a HUGE, well thought out post, but does it seriously bother anyone else that LTDs generate strong fandom, but also fandom that hates the other half, because of explicitly and carefully unclarified pairings, when they both love THE SAME SERIES/GAME?!
I'm a hypocrite, I generally hate LTD's. As a rule, FFVII is the only LTD I participate in, and I make the excuse because it's something I've been into since I was a kid and before I knew what fandom was like.

But I'm not sure I believe that the general hatred from LTD is anything stronger than any other fandom split. Like against pro-compilation versus anti-compilation fans. The problem with LTD is that it's a lot more organized and thus a lot more active, it takes a disproportionate snare on discussion. I think a lot of people who are on the outside looking in don't appreciate just how well organized a pairing fandom can be, it acts like a well oiled machine spitting out propaganda.

I like to use Narutofan as an example because it's what I know best. The Sasuke versus Naruto fandom was just as vile to each other as the Narusaku and the Naruhina fans. But almost universally I'd rather split up NarutovsSasuke fights than any pairing fight. But eventually something happened and the two fandoms did get organized (mostly into joke fanclubs oddly enough), and they became just as bad shitfests as any other pairing fandom.

Anyway

And personally I love LTDs because they tend to generate a lot of fascinating subjects that have nothing to do with shipping. I mean, the LTD here is, no offense, boring as fuck, but it has this habit of sprouting off on tangents (or at the very least, offtopic spam) that makes me click on it anyways.
I think pairing debates often get shafted as a fight between twelve year old girls too often. I think there are legitimately good debates that can come from LTDs and not every pairing debater is immature.

I tend to only hang around LTDs if they're a. FFVII or b. I feel like a character I like is getting shit on unnecessarily. (Like I feel like Orihime gets a lot, I'll get to your megapost later >________>). But I do think there are interesting character discussions that can come from LTD's, even if they aren't directly romantic in nature.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
YACCS said:

I mean, I honestly think there's a lot less ship-induced hate out there than people think. It's just that the ones who do hate yell and scream and throw loud tantrums at anyone who disagrees with them.

I have been in a lot of shipwar in Bleach - yes, yes, shipwars XD - and LTD in general. I've seen hilarious things, and I've also seen the worst from fans. I tend to like LTD because they force you to think about the characters, their motivations, reread the manga, etc. I've come to enjoy IchiRuki even more after that, because it did give me an insight I would not have look for if it wasn't for them XD

Honestly speaking, I think the shipwars were at their peak right after the SS arc. Nowadays, there's not really anything to debate, and most LTD for Bleach are closed because they generated too much wank. Now fans look at each other from afar, and think WTF? XD

The things I dislike in fandom, may it come from IchiRuki fans or IchiOri fans [although I usually see the worst from them, but the IchiRuki side isn't spared either] is when they twist the manga and what happened/was said. I think, since the LTD are mostly closed, I began to fight even more IchiRuki fans than IchiOri ones on their garbage XD

Also, no matter what, Inoue is there until the end of the manga XD What the heck was that lmao XD This is also why I wish to enjoy her panels :) And Rukia was a princess in that calendar, but who cares about that? It's just a freaking calendar from the anime team that has nothing to do with Bleach.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Also, no matter what, Inoue is there until the end of the manga XD What the heck was that lmao XD This is also why I wish to enjoy her panels :) And Rukia was a princess in that calendar, but who cares about that? It's just a freaking calendar from the anime team that has nothing to do with Bleach.
fandom wank has random wanky things from the fandom, like Orihime not bringing Ulquiorra back to life (which I thought made sense, his death was very sad and touching in the end.) What I don't get is when people write page long essays as to why Rukia is dressed as a prostitute because chrysanthemums are prostitute flowers and what is even going on here. Yeah, I found the NHK drama/bleach poster comparisons and it seems pretty likely there was some sort of agreement between the studios to use those costumes for the calendar.

ohgod why am i even writing a post at 6 in the morning i am so glad i only have one class today

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
For anyone interested, I took the images of the Gates of Hell that showed upon Mangastream this week, and tossed them together into a background. It's rather unfortunate that the image on the left has it's right side just BARELY cut off (shoulderblade and fingertips), so it didn't turn out quite as good as I'd hoped. If another scan surfaces, let me know, cause I'd like a better version of it.

GatesOfHell.jpg

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
This is the first arc since before the Espadas and Arrancar that I am actually interested in. I guess Kubo wants to write out one more arc before the grand finale?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
What did you guys think of the latest chapter?

I think its interestiong that for once we're genuinely not sure whether the new arrivals are really villians or not. I mean sure, guys like Uliorra and Grimjow were cool and all, but we new from the start which side of the good/evil line they stood on. This uncertainty with the new characters is a nice change of pace.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I really like that with only a few sentences, he's casting doubt in Ichigo, because he really doesn't know that much about Kisuke, or his family, or what's going on in the bigger picture. He's been caught up in Soul Society and fighting for them, that he hasn't stepped back to question who he's helping. I like the idea of bringing in a third party to get momentum on this.

(Personally I think it'd be interesting if they were directly associated with Isshin in the past)

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
(Personally I think it'd be interesting if they were directly associated with Isshin in the past)

Oooh, this. Also, fully agree how it's neat not knowing who side these new characters are on.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Anybody read the hell chapter yet? Based on waht I'm seeing the movie could turn out to be rather interesting.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Yeah, and the latest anime episode expanded on that chapter even further. Definitely seems like the movie will be interesting, but alas, even though it's out in two days you know it's gonna be close to a year before someone fansubs it.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
chapter 429
up476562.jpg

:no: Ishiii .-.
goddamn does ANYONE like him having his arm jesus christ

at least orihime showing up to heal him/not showing up will answer definitively if she actually can still use her hair pins

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
goddamn does ANYONE like him having his arm jesus christ

at least orihime showing up to heal him/not showing up will answer definitively if she actually can still use her hair pins

Hahaha, that's the FIRST thing I thought. I'm almost thoroughly convinced that Ichigo's dad knew these guys. I'm pretty sure that they're introducing folks who have all performed a "Final" attack with their Zanpakuto the way Ichigo did, and then managed to gain a new and interesting power.

That would explain thus not being able to detect sprittual particles around him, and his insane power, not to mention why they're lookin for Ichigo, and everyone else (Aizen/Kisuke) have been VERY interested in him.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Hahaha, that's the FIRST thing I thought. I'm almost thoroughly convinced that Ichigo's dad knew these guys. I'm pretty sure that they're introducing folks who have all performed a "Final" attack with their Zanpakuto the way Ichigo did, and then managed to gain a new and interesting power.
okay after much staring at the pic, I have realized that Ishida did not in fact lose an arm, it's just tucked under his body at a weird angle. Though that makes the big bloodsplotch all the more concerning...

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So, I came up with a crack theory as to why Aizen was doing what he was doing.

Aizen is from the future. You see after he was sentenced to 20,000 years imprionment, he spent those years rotting away wherever it was they put him. In this time the hogyokuo dissolved and his memories faded until he no longer emembered how he had come to be here. When he finally gets free he reads a document about an ancient artifact, the hogyokuo. Having no memory, he decides to travel back in time, somehow, and use this device to become god and rule soul society so that nobody can imprison him again.

He is able to anticipate basicly everything during this quest with alarming accuracy because his subconciouss still holds his old memories. Of course after his failure he is sealed away again, at which point the loop repeats itself.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Plot's really starting to move now.
So it looks like Ishida, Orihime and Chad might be getting more of a spotlight this time around, since they're the 'humans of a similar type', which is awesome. And looks like Ichigo is so desperate for power to combat his helplessness that he's turning to the dark side (well, Xcution could be good, I suppose. But so far they've seemed evil). It'll be interesting to see just what kind of powers these people have.

Edit:
Also, I think it's pretty safe to say that Orihime isn't over her Ichigo crush in the least.

Tbh I can't blame her for picturing Ichigo in casual dress clothes. Hoottttt.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Hime and Ichigo should just fuck already.

Geez.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I like the idea that there are these mysterious powers that apply to humans in a different way than the normal spirit powers, and that this is finally starting to explain Chad and Orihime. If Ichigo was naturally this way, due to one of his parents, it could explain why when he gained Shinigami powers, they were so off the charts, and possibly when he was influencing people around him. Either way, I like where this is headed.

Orihime vision was hilarious.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Xcution is still a stupid name though.

Top Bottom