• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bleach (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'd be more impressed with Mayuri if the entire "we've been living in the shadows of the Senteri" didn't reek of "Author made it up on the spot"... which is saying a lot for a shouen manga...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'd be more impressed with Mayuri if the entire "we've been living in the shadows of the Senteri" didn't reek of "Author made it up on the spot"... which is saying a lot for a shouen manga...

I also like that Mayuri shadow proofed the lab, but... you know... didn't warn ANYONE ELSE about his hypothesis apparently.

X :neo:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Its nice to see the team work going on with Hitsugaya and Rangiku. They have long been among my favourite Gotei 13 members. More than that, its nice to see that the emphasis in this fight is being put on tactics rather than brute strength. I'm certain however that Bazz-B is far from being defeated.

I don't really care for Omaeda, but I see why Kubo included the scenes with him, and I think they work well. I can't say I'm overly interested in his fight though.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I really thought that was Aizen making the ooc faces in that first page o_o

And why do the translators keep renaming Soi Fong? Soi Feng, Sui Feng, etc.

Guess it doesn't matter, looks like her and Hitsuguya are next to die

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So, my guess is we are gonna see a lot of Bankai action next chapter. Perhaps even Shunsui's. I hope so anyway.

This was an excellent chapter, and I was pleasantly surprised by the method Urahara came up with to counter Bankai theft. I was worried it was gonna be some kind of ass pull, but instead the explanation for how it works seems to fit in perfectly with what we know of Bleach lore.

Anyway, while defeating the Sternritters is still going to be a difficult task, I'd say their time stomping the Captains without resistance has come to an end.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Something else I forgot to mention, but it seems like Askin actually left. I assumed that when he initially said he was going to leave that it was a ruse, a way to trick Mayuri into launching an attack, and in doing so cross over into a space where Askin could seize the advantage. Mayuri even said as much.

But instead it looks like Askin just up and left.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/554

Gonna take a guess and say that Bambietta's E stands for "Explosion"

EDIT: Actually gotta say that I'm really pleased with this next match up of Shinji and Komamura against Bambietta. I've been really curious to see how the Sternritters would handle Sakanade. seems they beat it by using Vollstandig.

One thing that concerns me is one of the panels showing Vollstandig being activated looks like it might be Cang Du breaking out of Hitsugaya's ice prison.

I might feel a bit disappointed if that's true. I don't think Hitsugaya has ever managed to kill a serious adversary, unless you count Shawlong, who was an underling of an underling...

So yeah, I was kinda hoping Hitsugaya's victory would stick this time around but it seems like it might not.

Which begs a question. If Cang Du is alive and free, how is Hitsugaya gonna avoid dying? He might be screwed.

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
*A call from Kurosaki!*

"Hi are you guys done fighting yet? I have 2 swords!"

"Okay come right over!"

Can't wait (srsly). Also interested in seeing the Quincy's uh...quincy super bankai equivalents. Bambietta sounds the most interesting so far.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
*A call from Kurosaki!*

"Hi are you guys done fighting yet? I have 2 swords!"

"Okay come right over!"

Can't wait (srsly). Also interested in seeing the Quincy's uh...quincy super bankai equivalents. Bambietta sounds the most interesting so far.

Actually that has me wondering, do you think Ichigo will have two swords in Bankai as well? Or will his two swords merge together for Bankai?

I kinda hope for the latter myself, as it would make for good symbolism regarding the unity of Ichigo's powers.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I didn't really get that impression. If anything, he strikes me as being increasingly similar to Goku. I mean, we might as well called those stairs Snake Way, and the Quincies saiyans, in this chapter.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

X :neo:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Since nobody else has done it I guess I'll post the link.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/556

I'm surprised to see Shinji go down this easy. I was thinking we'd see his Bankai pretty soon. Still, he probably isn't going to stay down long. He might get up in a few chapters to help Komamura against Bambietta. Or maybe another sternritter will try to help Bambietta and that can be Shinji's opponent.

Still, it was a good chapter. It was nice to see Hinamori again, and Komamura's new look is badass, as is the flashback explaining it.

I really get the impression that Bambietta is just playing around right now, which may come back to bite her next chapter if Komamura's strength has increased as much as we're being led to believe.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Oh, that was awesome. I didn't think we'd ever get an explanation as to what Komamura actually is.

Top Bottom