Bloodborne / FromSoft Discussion!

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

Haven't played Bloodborne in a short while, so I figured I'd dive back in. This was the first game in which the world truly took a hold of me, and made me invested in learning about the lore. I was obsessed with this thing for nearly a year before getting into the Final Fantasy games.

I've beaten and greatly enjoyed Dark Souls 3, but I'm yet to dive into DS1, 2, and Sekiro. Who else here likes FromSoft titles?

I absolutely love Bloodborne. Like I said in the other thread, I first played it a couple years ago and thought it was fantastic, then I got into the online aspect this past year and love it even more. The lore, gameplay, art, etc is all just so good. It's super frustrating that Sony hasn't done a 60fps patch or fixed the frame pacing issue.

BB got me interested in checking out other From games and so I've beaten DS1 and am almost done with DS3 (BB keeps distracting me, I just have a couple of DLC bosses left). DS1 took some getting used to after BB's speed, but I enjoyed it after I adjusted, and it's easy to see why it's a classic. I'll probably replay it at some point to try a different build, but I've no interest in its PvP since it seems quite broken. As for DS3, as I said in the DS thread, I think DS3 is a really good game, and I've been having a lot of fun with it, but it's kind of a mish-mash of DS and BB and I don't find the lore/world quite as compelling as BB or the original DS.

I've sort of deliberately skipped over DS2 for now because of what I've heard about it. Stuff like adaptability and the health cut after death don't really appeal to me, and the controller deadzone thing is absolutely baffling to me. I suppose I'll give it a try at some point if I'm really itching for another Souls game, since I'm sure it's better than non-From Souls-like games. I definitely plan to check out Sekiro, I've just been taking my time with the Souls games. I'm interested in the Demon's Souls remake, too, but I don't have a PS5 currently (and if I did, I don't really want to burn out on the series, so I'd probably take a break for a bit). I never played the original, so I can't really compare, but as a big Shadow of the Colossus fan, I do have some mixed feelings about Bluepoint.

I'm really looking forward to Elden Ring. I saw the leaks from last month and was a bit, shall we say... whelmed, but I know those were for internal use only/not ever meant to be a trailer, so I don't think it's fair to judge. I do hope the game takes some cues from BB, as well as DS, since stuff like the trick weapons in BB really felt like a step forward.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I absolutely love Bloodborne. Like I said in the other thread, I first played it a couple years ago and thought it was fantastic, then I got into the online aspect this past year and love it even more. The lore, gameplay, art, etc is all just so good. It's super frustrating that Sony hasn't done a 60fps patch or fixed the frame pacing issue.

BB got me interested in checking out other From games and so I've beaten DS1 and am almost done with DS3 (BB keeps distracting me, I just have a couple of DLC bosses left). DS1 took some getting used to after BB's speed, but I enjoyed it after I adjusted, and it's easy to see why it's a classic. I'll probably replay it at some point to try a different build, but I've no interest in its PvP since it seems quite broken. As for DS3, as I said in the DS thread, I think DS3 is a really good game, and I've been having a lot of fun with it, but it's kind of a mish-mash of DS and BB and I don't find the lore/world quite as compelling as BB or the original DS.

I've sort of deliberately skipped over DS2 for now because of what I've heard about it. Stuff like adaptability and the health cut after death don't really appeal to me, and the controller deadzone thing is absolutely baffling to me. I suppose I'll give it a try at some point if I'm really itching for another Souls game, since I'm sure it's better than non-From Souls-like games. I definitely plan to check out Sekiro, I've just been taking my time with the Souls games. I'm interested in the Demon's Souls remake, too, but I don't have a PS5 currently (and if I did, I don't really want to burn out on the series, so I'd probably take a break for a bit). I never played the original, so I can't really compare, but as a big Shadow of the Colossus fan, I do have some mixed feelings about Bluepoint.

I'm really looking forward to Elden Ring. I saw the leaks from last month and was a bit, shall we say... whelmed, but I know those were for internal use only/not ever meant to be a trailer, so I don't think it's fair to judge. I do hope the game takes some cues from BB, as well as DS, since stuff like the trick weapons in BB really felt like a step forward.
I played DS2 Scholar of the First Sin and then DS3 after BB. I thought both were great but I agree DS3 didn't feel inspired or, should I say, original?

Honestly, I don't understand some of the hate DS2 got lol.

Honestly, I don't understand some of the hate DS2 got lol.

I should probably give DS2 a fair chance at some point, probably shouldn't let negative opinions about it bias me before I've even tried it. There does seem to be a tendency for people to complain when a game in the series does things differently than the previous game(s), like with BB's healing and DS3's lack of passive poise, so maybe that has something to do with it, especially with it being the follow-up to DS1?

Well, since I last posted I finished DS3 (still haven't tried Gael or Midir yet though lol). Then I played through it again to make a proper invader character and I think I've gotten a bit more accustomed to its blend of DS and BB sensibilities. It's interesting, it does play differently than BB so going back and forth between them takes some getting used to (at least for me).

On a different note, did you guys hear that Lady Maria is like 6'7"?

(They made a figma, preorder period ends at the end of September.)

Reactions: Wol

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm currently on what seems to be the final boss, I still have no idea what's going on. (this is not an invite to explain all the lore)

So some sort of research created the endless hunting dream, the great ones seem to be making the dream somehow, hence killing them all. My goal is to put an end to the dream for some reason.

Gehrman is at the foot of the Great Tree, he offers me death. I have no reason not to take it, this dream pretty much sucks, except that literally no one so far has been trustworthy. I don't know if he's lying or not. I don't know why he thinks he can kill me now when the 400 other times I died sent me right back to dreamland. What's the point of any of this?

Edit: I looked up the lore, don't feel particularly motivated to kill Gehrman now, so I'm just going to pretend I chose death and send the game back to the library.

Given all those headstones, Gehrman has been sending hunters after the Old Ones for a long time, and continues to keep doing it...does that mean no one has succeeded until now? Do they come back from the dead for the next person, or are they all different nightmares?

Micolash is supposed to fight you in two rooms, but either he glitched or I didn't have enough insight, because he just kept running away for the second half of his health.

Last edited:
Top Bottom