• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IgaVania)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
1247740902153821074.png

Soooo, with Konami currently being the best company on earth to the franchises and individuals that made their household names in the video gaming world, IGA (aka Koji Igarashi -- the dude who made Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) has taken to KickStarter to make a new gothic, exploration-focused action platformer, called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Aaaaaaand all the fans have BLOWN AWAY his initial goal of $500,000 and it's currently a bit over $2,130,000, which -- among many other things -- means that David Hayter is going to be voicing the primary villain.

So, he's released this (and will be releasing more)

The above is their official YouTube channel, and this is the rest of their stuff, because the'yre doing TONS of community engagement and other things everywhere:

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/

Tumblr: http://iga-bloodstained.tumblr.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/swordorwhip
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloodstained-Ritual-of-the-Night/674733866005672

So, yeah. I decided to pitch in on this and felt the overwhelming need to share, especially because of it being a dig at Konami for being a bunch of royal assbags right now.

Also, here's a Kotaku article/interview with him: http://kotaku.com/the-successor-to-castlevania-finally-revealed-1703551646

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That's actually answered on the KickStarter page :awesomonster:

Dracula is part of a different legacy. Bloodstained is a new project, and IGA is excited to take this opportunity to introduce new enemies. Of course, he'll need your help—over the course of the campaign IGA plans to talk to backers about his new villains, and a new selection of demons and classic b-movie monsters is definitely still in the tarot cards.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Ah. :p

I find it interesting how famous devs shunned by their former companies now basically all resort to Kickstarter and are like "same shit under a different name, suck it Konami/Capcom"

I wonder what Kojima will be up to after MGSV =P

As for this, I'll wait until it's done and see if it's interesting. Symphony of the Night was decent but didn't exactly blow me away.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's interesting that you bring that up, 'cause I just stumbled on this article talking about how it's giving Japanese Creators the ability to stand on their own: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/int...returns-with-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

To be honest, these are the sorts of things that I really like, because I love being able to directly support artists & creators in ways that cut out publishers out and keeps them from preventing the creators from doing what they want, and replacing it with what X company wants.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Mostly I'd like this to be more challenging than a typical IGAvania game. With the exception maybe of Ecclesia, his games have all been more about style and less about gameplay.

The weapon crafting idea sounds neat. Would love to see enemies weaker to specific weapons and whatnot, would make the game more strategic than old IGA games where it was basically just equip the strongest stat weapon, press the attack button, win.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I don't have much to add except: OMFG AWESOME!

I've been heartbroken that Castlevania has been lackluster (at least to me) and am totally welcoming a clone-ish game to satisfy that need.

Bring it on!*

*Or should I say "have at her!" lol

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
What is a backer?

A wonderful pile of sweetness!

:3

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
A WiiU version means quite a lot because iirc Bloodstained is being developed through Unreal Engine 4, which the WiiU doesn't support :monster:

Reach for the skies Igarashi!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1259255

“Hi Bloodstained backers - Armature here with another update. It turns out that a people have shown a ton of interest in our plan to port UE4 to the WiiU and PS Vita. Since they're not officially supported platforms, it's going to be a lot of work to get Bloodstained and UE4 on these platforms, but we are up to the challenge.

“Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

based Igavania

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They hit $4m, so their final stretch goal at $5m is procedurally generated roguelike dungeons that each generate a unique code to share them with friends.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Bloodstained becomes the highest-funded videogame ever on Kickstarter - also they're adding fuckin' Shovel Knight into the game

Remember Natsume's Shovel Knight fanart from earlier in the campaign? It's been about a decade, in Kickstarter years, so I'll refresh your memory:

We've got good news: Inti Creates and Yacht Club Games have agreed that Natsume's reimagining of their hero feels right at home in the demon castle!

They won't tell us any more than that, but when the game comes out remember that you might bump into this guy in a crowded corridor somewhere. Who knows what might happen after that?

b517da1957d679f7d39235c26f3bbeb1_original.jpg

'They have faith in our ability, but they need to see the support of the community before their funding'… It was a theme so vital to any future chance I had at doing another Igavania-type game, that I actually said it twice in Japanese in the announcement video… And that’s how this Kickstarter journey began.

When we launched the Kickstarter not only did we prove the market for a game like this, we became the Number 1 video game Kickstarter of all time. I wish I could rewind the clock to the beginning of the campaign and kick myself for thinking we would probably only raise 800,000 if we got lucky.

None of this would have been possible without the incredible support from an incredible community. So with that, Army of the Night, I will turn myself to the task of making a game truly worthy of all your kindness. I will not let you down.

-IGA

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm WAY stoked about them hitting the Roguelike dungeons goal.
Their $5.5 goal is Boss Revenge Mode!
Six hours left ta see if they can hit it!!

Nothing but pleased for getting to fun the hell outta this.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
EROTIC

VIOLENCE

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm glad that there's public news about this. I sometimes just don't update thradz about KickStarted games, 'cause I cba to check if they're backer-only updates or not. I'm still very much digging the look of this and look forward to seeing the developments with the new publisher.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Development's been going along well, so they released a trailer since it's E3 season to show off the progress so far for the little demo that they'll have for where they're currently at.

Hello again! This is IGA.

We will be bringing a new playable demo to this year's E3. What you see here is part of the church stage, where you will be able to play the bell tower area of the map—it's a very nostalgic theme. The boss that awaits the player is a vampiric mistress, Bloodless, whose appearance might be altered in the future.

After the long lines we experienced at last year's E3, we made the play-time shorter and the difficulty level higher this time around. This is our first chance to implement many of the improvements we made to the gameplay based on what confused those original players. We also prepared Familiar shards in this demo.

In the trailer, we've added areas from the stages we've shown previously to demonstrate new visual changes to improve the gameplay experience. We will be picking up our

development pace from here, but this is what our current development looks like.
Thank you for your continued support!

Top Bottom