• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Borderlands 2 Community Playthrough (Intro Post and Guide—also, surprise, I’m a widdle early)

Are you partaking in the BL2 Community Playthrough?

• EXXXXXPLOSI- I mean, yes, yes I am.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I'm not sure. I hope so!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'm not sure. Probably not. :/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. I will be observing though.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I'm just passing through. Lost. Frightened. Trying to find my way back home. You may never see me ag

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Two

>Part Two
0HBFVJc.jpg
Chapter 2: Cleaning up the Berg

Location(s) : Southern Shelf

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Handsome Jack Here!
  • This Town Ain’t Big Enough
  • ^Shielded Favors - Note that the reward is skin customisation.

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Bad Hair Day
  • ^Symbiosis - Would recommend completing with a partner or team. Note that the reward is a
    custom_head_1.png

Chapter 3: Best Minion Ever

Location(s) :Southern Shelf

Required Sidequest(s)
• None

Summary: After defeating Knuckle Dragger, you follow Claptrap into Liar's Berg in search of someone to help repair his eye. As you're lead into Liar's Berg, you learn about Captain Flynt, a loathsome bandit who has a history of torturing his captives (including poor ol' Claptrap). He now wants your head in order to collect a reward set on it by Handsome Jack.

After making short work of Captain Flynt's men in Liar's Berg, you meet Sir Hammerlock, who spouts exposition about the horrors that Handsome Jack has caused thus far. As you collect the ECHO Logs recounting the last moments of Helena Pierce, you’re given a small glimpse of said horrors.

After clearing Liar’s Berg of bullymongs and collecting your first, decent shield, you set out to take Claptrap's ship back from Captain Flynt, facing his First Mate Boom Bewn and eventually the Captain himself. After defeating these fearsome foes, you and Claptrap set sail for Sanctuary.

Questions
  1. How was your fight with Boom Bewn?
  2. How about your fight with Captain Flynt?
  3. Have you purchased anything from any of the item shops?
  4. What has been your favourite weapon(s) to use so far and why?
  5. What shield and grenade mod do you currently have equipped?
  6. What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
  7. What skills have you unlocked so far in your skill tree (if any)? What do you hope to achieve with your build?
  8. What are your thoughts on Handsome Jack so far?
  9. How about the AI communicating with you?
  10. Got anything in particular that you want to share with the community?

Bonus Quests & Questions

1. How did you handle getting the hair from the Bullymongs?
  2. Who did you end up giving the hair to? Why?
  1. How many times did you die before killing that boss (if at all)?
  2. What do you think of the mission overall? Was the loot worth the trouble?

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
OH!! And I hereby give 0bsidian Fire full authority to ask any additional questions alongside my own LOL.
That is very dangerous...

What gun uses the following red flavor text: I want that rifle, Daddy!? What is it a reference to?

Which weapons manufacturer uses the following prefixes: Sublime, Barking, Binary, Potent, Lucid, Parataxis?

What was the first weapons manufacturer to find Pandora?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
You are a man after my own heart. Being Krieg, I guess you'll go straight through the sternum, of course.

However this time around I'll be playing Axton, for a bit of a mix-up.
I'LL RUN AROUND YOUR MIND AND SET THE WORLD RECORD WITH MY MEAT SLEEVES!

Axton was the first character I played, and is my second favorite of the group. I've never really gotten to play Maya, but I reckon she'd be my third choice.

@Fancy: does the schedule take the DLC into consideration?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Which character did you pick to play as and why?
What do you think of the opening sequence? For those who’ve played Borderlands, how does it compare to the first?
Immediate impression of the gameplay mechanics?
Thoughts on the first bossfight?
Are you loving or hating Claptrap at this point?
Gaige the Mechromancer. Her Ordered Chaos tree is my favourite in this game and her many, many voicelines specific to building anarchy are hilarious. She goes from excitable, to insane, to breaking the fourth wall regularly.
Great opening sequence. Great music. Sets the tone nicely!
The gameplay is early on just a shooter. It's later that the crazy weapons and talents really come into play.
First bossfight is fine but doesn't compare to fights later on!
Love Claptrap. Always will.

How was your fight with Boom Bewn?
How about your fight with Captain Flynt?
Have you purchased anything from any of the item shops?
What has been your favourite weapon(s) to use so far and why?
What shield and grenade mod do you currently have equipped?
What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
What skills have you unlocked so far in your skill tree (if any)? What do you hope to achieve with your build?
What are your thoughts on Handsome Jack so far?
How about the AI communicating with you?
Got anything in particular that you want to share with the community?
I was massively underleveled when I joined Kimble so I squatted in a corner headshotting Bewm while he did the rest.
I lagged out during the Flynt fight and came back to him dead. Success!
Some boring lobbed grenade and a turtle shield.
Story is fine. It really picks up once you get to Sanctuary.
So far only the Deathtrap active and the bullet bouncing ability! After getting all the bullet bouncing talent (bullets that hit walls bounce back and hit enemies) we're going full anarchy! Absolute loss of accuracy in exchange for ALL THE DAMAGE. Who needs to aim? The bullets will get to them somehow. ANARCHYYYYY.
Jack is ossum.
The way he communicates with you regularly really gets you invested in wanting to punch the beautiful arrogant bastard.
Hi community. Are you excited?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
  1. Which character did you pick to play as and why?
  2. What do you think of the opening sequence? For those who’ve played Borderlands, how does it compare to the first?
  3. Immediate impression of the gameplay mechanics?
  4. Thoughts on the first bossfight?
  5. Are you loving or hating Claptrap at this point?

-I picked Axton as I had played Krieg before and wanted to try something new - but I still want to tank/cc somewhat.
-The opening sequence is awesome, and holds up really well wrt to BL1. I like that it has a similar style, with things like the "cast" listing, while still being fresh. Love the skag reference :D
-Gameplay is awesome! Smooth and responsive, challenging without being clunky, overall easy to get to grips with while offering quite a bit of choice as to how you want to approach fights.
-First boss was what, Knuckledragger? Pretty tough when you have no skills, crap weapons, and no shield, but completely do-able. Also he's funny because of later developments...*gigglesnort*
-I love to hate him - always have, always will. Goddamn he is just so unbelievably annoying! But he is a fun character!

6. What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
  7. What skills have you unlocked so far in your skill tree (if any)? What do you hope to achieve with your build?

-Mostly good, though I died once, still getting back into the swing of things.
-Flynt was kind of easy. Did go into FFYL once, but I think the teamwork between A, M, and I is starting to really gel.
-I think I bought a shield? and of course found a better one like 10 minutes later :P
-Oooooh, I found a Torgue pistol and have just been creaming things with it! I replaced it with a better Torgue pistol, and I also have a Torgue AR....I swear, I don't have probleEEEEEEXPLOSIONS!!!!
-Hmm, I have a basic shield, I don't remember whose, but it has no effects. Just good solid shielding. And I have a multi-bomb grenade, dropped by Boom.
-I love this story, and with the gift of hindsight (or does it count as foresight at this point?) I think the pacing and build-up is perfect!
-I have put all three of my points into preparation, which increases my shields and gives me health regen while my shields are full. I'm planning on going full tank, with the Survival tree being my number one priority, plus maybe a little Guerrila.
-Oh god, he's like the opposite of Claptrap - I hate to love him! He is such an awesome character, such an arrogant douche, but dammit if I don't love him.
- Oooohhhhh....I will say nothing.
-Hi Joe! Hi community!

-We just got in a fight with the ones near the Southern Shelf - Bay entrance, shot them to shit and punched 'em up!
-Hammerlock, because fuck claptrap, Sir Hammerlock is Bae! Did y'all know that Hammerlock is voiced by the same guy who does Sebastian from Black Butler? And that he is also an awesome character? Yeah Claptrap stood no chance.

-If by die you mean FFYL, about 3 times, I think? If you mean respawn, then 0 times - we're a good team! :D
-Yo, BL's end game is the skins and heads anyway, so yeah, it was totally worth it!

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
  1. Which character did you pick to play as and why?
  2. What do you think of the opening sequence? For those who’ve played Borderlands, how does it compare to the first?
  3. Immediate impression of the gameplay mechanics?
1. I picked Maya. Zer0 is my go to, because sniping, but since Minato took him, I figured I'd go for the character that's basically a mage.

2. It set the scene really nicely; it feels like Borderlands straight out of the gate. Liked the first one more, if only for the music.

3. It feels like Borderlands, and that feels goooood.

4. GG, EZ.

5. I've never liked him, and every time he called me "Minion", my desire to kick him grew.

1. We never wiped, so alright, I'd say.

2. Easier than we thought.

3. Tons of ammo, but nothing else has caught my eye.

4. Nothing has made my heart sing like some of my rifles in my last play-through yet.

5. Oh man, my current grenade mod seems to do nothing except shoot some fireworks. Shield mod is still some white rank blah.

6. We ain't seen nothin' yet. We've had a bit of info about what's going on, but we aren't part of it yet.

7. I've focused on Sweet Release for now. I don't usually do support in any games, so it's interesting.

8. Oh Jack, one deeply hates his disgusting guts, but he is SO funny.

Angel, you're alive!:'(

10. Hammerlock is bae

Bonus Quests & Questions

Bad Hair Day
1. It was over quicker than I thought.

2. See 10. on the above list.

Symbiosis
1. Don't recall any of us respawning. We did go down a few times, but our teamwork is on point:awesome:.

2. Darth and I got flash-backs when we walked in there. It's pretty hectic. Don't remember any of us finding anything we really loved, so I guess not. Good xp grind though.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Part 1:

1. I picked Zer0 cause sniping and fast melee moves are more my thing. Happy with the choice, he seems pretty boss.
2. It hits home that life is comically fleeting on Pandora and that your guys, while cool, are just one chain in cycle, ultimately no different from the monsterhound. I liked it.
3. your starting guns are real weak!
4. Knuckle-dragger didn't make much of an impression on me but this was still very early on in my first play session, Darth and Airling did all the work here.
5. He's pretty far from endearing the moment. He's better when he's outright oblivious to the fact that he's not you loving friend then when he's calling you a minion, protected from retribution by gameplay conveniences.

Part 2:

Hectic! Bewn and Boom have just enough health to be a problem, it's the only fight any respawns were had in. Flynt went down much quicker, by this time we had geared up and leveled nice and proper.

As Zer0 is quite fragile, I'm purchaing health and ammo with some regularity. Shields on sale aren't bad either.

My favourite weapon is the automatic sniper rifle and heavy repeating pistol.
vending machine bought Leisurely Shield and I'm not really using grenades at all.

The story seems to set you against Handsome Jack so far, the dangers of the Vault itself are rather downplayed, I hope that Claptrap's band pays dearly for this conception.

Handsome Jack is definitely the most entertaining voice and in your ear so far and the most promising villain. Perfectly happy with the chaos around him but just clever enough to identify you as a particular threat.

The AI seems a a tad out of place, hope to have further conrext for her in the story later on.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Muh answers

1 . Which character did you pick to play as and why?
Maya because I would always play Maya when I’d run through this game with my brothers and I wuv her. I’m usually playing “white mage” for my bros, but due to forces outside of my control, I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to play with folks as I hoped. So a Fancy gonna have to learn to stand on her own two feet.

I love it and find it a widdle sexier than the original. Granted, I happen to find ‘Short Change Hero’ a better track than ‘Ain’t No Place for the Wicked’

Knuckledragger is an asshole, but he was no biggie.

....................................he’s the worst, but I think I’d be like, “Oh, that sucks.” if he died.

He was a lot easier than I thought he was going to be. I didn’t die like I expected to. It was over in like 5 minutes.

FUCK THIS DUDE. I almost rage-quit.... I’ll admit it. He and his stupid minions kept kicking my ass. I actually ended up cheating LMAO by finding a spot just underneath the area that he’s in and just kept shooting him from there where he couldn’t reach me. Fuck that guy.

On the contrary, I’ve been obsessively selling every little item that I get my hands on.

JAKOBS SNIPER RIFLE BC JAKOBS

I have an elemental shock shield that lights up enemys’ shit when they fucks with me. I have the GOTYE grenade that I’m gonna use forever until I don’t.

I’m focusing on going black mage with some health and shield support.

He’s the worst and that’s part of what makes him the beeeeest.

She brings on the cheese a little too strongly sometimes.

I hope everyone is having fun!

1 . How did you handle getting the hair from the Bullymongs?
I kept overkilling them by burning them to death n shit. :(

To quote Darth: “Hammerlock, because fuck claptrap.”

ZERO. It’s a Christmas miracle. That’s the benefit of fighting like a coward.

Lmao yes.

1. What gun uses the following red flavor text: I want that rifle, Daddy!? What is it a reference to?

Erm heheheh um eeeeep

2. Which weapons manufacturer uses the following prefixes: Sublime, Barking, Binary, Potent, Lucid, Parataxis?

Sounds very Maliwan?

3. What was the first weapons manufacturer to find Pandora?

Daaaaaaaaaaahhhhlllll?????

aaad

Pro Adventurer
1) Which character did you pick to play as and why?
2) What do you think of the opening sequence? For those who’ve played Borderlands, how does it compare to the first?
3) Immediate impression of the gameplay mechanics?
4) Thoughts on the first bossfight?
5) Are you loving or hating Claptrap at this point?

1) Zer0 - 2 reasons: Naming myself "Ma0" + I liked the idea of a sniper + pistol build for maximum crits and single shot stuff. I like me some of that. Plus, I had the scarecrow head which reminds me of my FFXIV green pig head.

2) Enjoyed it. Really set the tone for a manic yet casual af game (in style).

3) Pretty standard FPS tbh but Zer0 special skill is cool.

4) That was a boss fight?

5) Hmmm......I don't hate him but he ticks me off....nowhere near as lovable as Wheatley from Portal but I'm not against him.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
1. What gun uses the following red flavor text: I want that rifle, Daddy!? What is it a reference to?

Erm heheheh um eeeeep

2. Which weapons manufacturer uses the following prefixes: Sublime, Barking, Binary, Potent, Lucid, Parataxis?

Sounds very Maliwan?

Lol! I was kinda kidding with those.

1. The Veruc, an Assault Rifle made by Dahl. What it is a reference to? Say "Veruc Assault Rifle" three times fast. The weapons manufacturer is a huge hint.

2. Yep! They are all Maliwan prefixes. There's an ECHO of Jack making fun of Maliwan's naming schemes while talking about what he wants to change Hyperion's naming scheme into.

3. Close. Atlas was the first. They came to Pandora looking for more Eridian-tech. Dahl was second.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
What do you think of the opening sequence? For those who’ve played Borderlands, how does it compare to the first?

1.Playing Zero. Sniping and stealth is a style I like, although I'm not much good at it.
2.I like the narration, and credits. Short and to the point.

3. Reminds me a bit of Bioshock. Guns don't seem to do much damage.

4. Managed not to die, which was a plus, although I needed a few second winds.

5. Neutral. I am expecting him to betray me at some point.

What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
What skills have you unlocked so far in your skill tree (if any)? What do you hope to achieve with your build?

1.Died once. Killed the little brother and disabled the gun easily enough, but the endless stream of Psychos stopped me from getting in enough hits, eventually ran out of bullets. Came back and killed him nearly instantly.

2. Died five or six times. Was shooting him for a long time, nothing seemed to actually hurt him enough to make a difference until I equipped the Ornery Magnum.

3. Ammunition, health, shields. I needed it.

4. The sniper rifle (see sidequests.)

5. Shield, which I found in a latrine in Captain Flynt's cap. Slow regeneration, but harder to break. Have grenade mod equipped, but can't remember name.

6. Something is strange in how much Handsome Jack wants me dead, he's put up that huge bounty and is talking to me personally. But there's a lot of vault hunters, right? Why the focus on me?

7. Deception, increased health and critical hits. The heavy rifles and shotgun weren't much use, seems like a sniper/pistol combo is the way to go from here.

8.We don't know much about him, he's running Hyperion. Seems weird that he's talking to the leads personally so early on. What does he know that we don't?

9. All she did so far was open a door, reserving judgement.

10. Thought I was doing well in first two chapters. Died twice to Bullymongs, once when I got lost looking for the fuse, once to Boom Bewm, and then five or six times to Captain Flynt. Hope to improve.

Sniping my way through encampments is easy enough, but Captain Flynt punished me for not being into straight fights.

How did you handle getting the hair from the Bullymongs?
Who did you end up giving the hair to? Why?

1.Shot them a lot, then melee attack. I could only harvest one per pack, usually, but then I was ambushed on the way to Symbiosis and got the rest.

2. Hammerlock, because I already had a shotgun and wanted the sniper rifle. Ended up putting it to good use.

How many times did you die before killing that boss (if at all)?
What do you think of the mission overall? Was the loot worth the trouble?

I didn't die, but I ran out of ammunition and gave up. I could kill the rider, but the Bullymong then ran away and regenerated him, so I decided I was never going to do enough damage to kill the thing and went back to Liar's Berg. I basically just perched at the top of the town and sniped it whenever it poked its head out.

See above, no loot.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Parte Un et Deux Redeux w/ B

Erm heheheh um eeeeep

Sounds very Maliwan?

Lol! I was kinda kidding with those.

1. The Veruc, an Assault Rifle made by Dahl. What it is a reference to? Say "Veruc Assault Rifle" three times fast. The weapons manufacturer is a huge hint.

2. Yep! They are all Maliwan prefixes. There's an ECHO of Jack making fun of Maliwan's naming schemes while talking about what he wants to change Hyperion's naming scheme into.

3. Close. Atlas was the first. They came to Pandora looking for more Eridian-tech. Dahl was second.

^Coyses!! I was close teheheh.

For future reference everyone, I think I'm gonna be around my Saturday mornings (0600 - 1200 EST) if anyone wants to ping me then.

So I redid the first two parts but with B. Lmao.
49520_screenshots_20180602094649_1.jpg

A newborn B! This babby and I took on Knuckle Dragger and it was the funniest shite because I looked over to see how she was faring just in time to see her get knocked the fuck off the plateau. Then she kept going on about how lost she was so I decided to duck out of the fight and try to find her. B was trying to walk up a wall of ice in the opposite direction and I was fucking HOWLING

49520_screenshots_20180602102132_1.jpg

Babby changin' her clothes!

49520_screenshots_20180602104044_1.jpg

Run faster babby!!

49520_screenshots_20180602105529_1.jpg

Babby buying her first gun...

49520_screenshots_20180602111128_2.jpg

Someone just discovered how to sprint!!

49520_screenshots_20180602111345_1.jpg

Watch out Mr Block-O-Ice!

49520_screenshots_20180602111345_2.jpg

Babby gonna burst you open!

>missing here: babby getting assaulted by rakks<

49520_screenshots_20180602112547_1.jpg

Babby tried to make the jump but she plummeted 2000 leagues under the sea!! FUCKING HILARIOUS. Later when we were fighting the badass bullymong, she backed right the fuck off the cliff and if the bullymong hadn't killed me, dying from laughter would've...

49520_screenshots_20180602112601_1.jpg

Babby put some extra sprint in her step and made it!!

49520_screenshots_20180602123242_1.jpg

Babby opening up her first chest, getting her first loot!!

image.jpg

Be careful, Babby! That gun is SO BIG

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
^Coyses!! I was close teheheh.

For future reference everyone, I think I'm gonna be around my Saturday mornings (0600 - 1200 EST) if anyone wants to ping me then.

So I redid the first two parts but with B. Lmao.
49520_screenshots_20180602094649_1.jpg

A newborn B! This babby and I took on Knuckle Dragger and it was the funniest shite because I looked over to see how she was faring just in time to see her get knocked the fuck off the plateau. Then she kept going on about how lost she was so I decided to duck out of the fight and try to find her. B was trying to walk up a wall of ice in the opposite direction and I was fucking HOWLING

49520_screenshots_20180602102132_1.jpg

Babby changin' her clothes!

49520_screenshots_20180602104044_1.jpg

Run faster babby!!

49520_screenshots_20180602105529_1.jpg

Babby buying her first gun...

49520_screenshots_20180602111128_2.jpg

Someone just discovered how to sprint!!

49520_screenshots_20180602111345_1.jpg

Watch out Mr Block-O-Ice!

49520_screenshots_20180602111345_2.jpg

Babby gonna burst you open!

>missing here: babby getting assaulted by rakks<

49520_screenshots_20180602112547_1.jpg

Babby tried to make the jump but she plummeted 2000 leagues under the sea!! FUCKING HILARIOUS. Later when we were fighting the badass bullymong, she backed right the fuck off the cliff and if the bullymong hadn't killed me, dying from laughter would've...

49520_screenshots_20180602112601_1.jpg

Babby put some extra sprint in her step and made it!!

49520_screenshots_20180602123242_1.jpg

Babby opening up her first chest, getting her first loot!!

image.jpg

Be careful, Babby! That gun is SO BIG

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRUH, I was cackling all morning reading this summary. Bitch, I'm so cute!!! Discovering this new world is so much fun! ROCK SMASH!!!!

Fancy picked Maya, so I wanted to choose somebody else for variation. I picked Salvador because his skills (guanzerker) were appealing to my trigger-happy tendencies, plus he's so cuddly!

It's cool, really liked the song. Tbh my first thought was "Of course the 'commander' is a Hollywood action-heroesque, conventionally attractive white dude."

So I made the mistake of playing with a game controller at first and the configurations were awful. I was struggling to look left and right LOL.

I struggled. Fancy carried me, I had trouble even aiming at the dude hahahaaaa.

He is the certified worst. Been wanting to off him myself tbh.​

Fancy hyped me up for a super hard fight but it turned out easier than I thought! Just didn't expect them to have jetpacks and shit.

That mothafucka can eat my shit. Fancy kept telling me to run and my fat ass was trying but he kept burning the shit out of me LMAO. We made it though, thank the lawd for hyperion.

Just ammo, I think. I tend to be a serial item collector/seller too!

Jakobs' ornary shotgun I think might be its name...? It's powerful but shoots hella fast and I'm into that. Though the magazine is tiny and reload speed leaves much to be desired.

Might be a leisurely shield...? Couldn't tell you what the grenade mod is though.

It's interesting! I like that we're playing as anti-heroes and that Handsome Jack is a sympathetic villain, even despite his terribly unsavoury personality. I won't make any predictions as of yet.

Free shots, regeneration and faster reload speed I think? I want to become the type of offensive that just shoots rapidly and continuously without being bogged down by reload times and running out of ammo.

Truly awful but he's in an interesting position from a writer's perspective in that he's supposed to be on the side that is objectively 'good'. So I look forward to see more about his character unravel.

I honestly did not notice. Too busy falling off cliffs and perishing in icy water.

Shout out to Fancy for putting up with my struggling ass and for coming to my rescue to revive me 498572985 times!!! Daddy loves you!!!​

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Went back and did Symbiosis. Either had better guns or was overlevelled, because it was much easier this time. Now level 8. Don't really care about character costumes I usually just go with the default.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Some things that might help newbies understand the situation in the Borderlands.

Moons: 1 (Elpis)
Rotation Period: 90 Earth hours (1 day on Pandora is 3.75 Earth days)
Orbital Period: 10 Earth years (the high/low tides are extreme... and long; this is why we see so many places that look like dried up oceans/rivers/etc.)
Aphelion: 178,900,400 km (furthest from sun) (further from the sun then Earth)
Perihelion: 148,098,254 km (closest to sun) (very similar to Earth)
Eccentricity: 0.0813351 (orbit shaped like Mars' orbit)

Basically, Pandroa has really, really long months/seasons/etc. This goes a long way to explain why the planet looks like it's in a drought for most of the game and the DLCs. It's probably taking place in the five-year long summer/fall season.

1st Population Wave/Early Atlas Settlement - Decades before Borderlands, the Atlas corporation comes to Pandora and begins archeological digs for Eridian technology. Rumors of The Vault start circulating and treasure seekers being migrating to the planet. They have no affiliation with the corporations. This is when most civilians (in any meaningful sense of the term on Pandroa) come to Pandora and when the tech backbone is built (vending machines, fast-travel, etc.)

2nd Population Wave/Dahl Mining - The Dahl corporation comes to mine minerals. Along with all their tech, they also bring in off-world convict laborers. For the most part, they stay out of Atlas' way, since Atlas has a bigger military then they do. This is probably the most stable Pandora has ever been as a society...

Dahl Withdrawl - Around three years before Borderlands starts, Patricia Tannis comes to Pandora. She prefects the ECHOnet and discovers the first part of the Vault Key. Atlas finds out about it and sends the bulk of their military to Pandora. Dahl decides to get the hell out of Dodge and pulls out. It's quick and messy and Dahl ends up leaving behind lots of mining equipment, and the bulk of their off-world convict laborers and their more conventional employees. This directly leads to the current bandits vs the more civilized population situation that is seen all across Pandora. The line between the two is... murky...

The most obvious thing that happens is that The Vault get opened. Many of Atlas' military leaders are killed and they are forced to leave Pandora. Much like the Dahl Withdrawl, they end up leaving a lot of employees behind, only this time most of those people were part of the their military... This adds a third "independent" faction to the current bandit/"civilian" mix. And yes... for such an important player in Pandora's history, Atlas doesn't show up much in Borderlands 2 does it? Hum.. wonder why....

Questions for Part 1 and 2

Did your character have an ECHO recorder in their inventory when you started? If you listened to it, what does it reveal about the planets other then Pandora? Do you think they're better/worse off then Pandora is? What does it reveal about your character?

What do you think about who Jack qualifies as a bandit? Do you think he has the right idea about how to go about dealing with them?

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Obs said:
Basically, Pandroa has really, really long months/seasons/etc. This goes a long way to explain why the planet looks like it's in a drought for most of the game and the DLCs. It's probably taking place in the five-year long summer/fall season.
Borderlands 3: Winter is Coming

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Questions for Part 1 and 2

Did your character have an ECHO recorder in their inventory when you started? If you listened to it, what does it reveal about the planets other then Pandora? Do you think they're better/worse off then Pandora is? What does it reveal about your character?

What do you think about who Jack qualifies as a bandit? Do you think he has the right idea about how to go about dealing with them?

-He did, and it gave me the impression of a relatively Star Wars-esque universe, with plenty of "Outer Rim" planets like Pandora, and also more fancy planets and such. It does feel as though the entire universe is a bit more violent, though. Pandora is probably one of the worst, I think.

-Jack basically takes anyone who doesn't obey him and calls them bandits, so that's pretty narcissistic (big surprise), but he is willing to work with ACTUAL bandits to get those he perceives as a threat. So no, he's got completely the wrong way of handling it, as everything he does actually hurts the innocents and helps the assholes.

1. I picked Axton, since every other time I've played as Maya, and Salvador and Zer0's play styles don't really appeal to me.

2. I liked it. Can't really go wrong with Short Change Hero.

3. Solid

4. "Boss fight"

5. I guess I'm in the minority since I like Claptrap. I don't begrudge anyone who hates him though. What little I played of Borderlands 1, I wanted to shoot him off a bridge.

1. Easier than I remembered it being. Way easier.

2. A pain, as always.

3. Only when a mission required me to. Usually the only stuff I ever buy from shops are shields.

4. Pistol 'cause I love small but deadly, and SMG just for the satisfaction of unloading.

5. Shield: Just a regular shield, nothing to write home about.
Grenade: Lobbed Bonus Package. Splits into 9 grenades apon detonating.

6. Real basic introduction to the type of world it is, and the type of charcters in it. Solid and simple, gets the point across well.

7. I've gotten Sentry which increases the number of shots, and duration of my sentry. Also got Preparation, which increases my shields by 3% and I recover health when my shield is full. While health pickups arn't exactly rare, I hate having to rely on them.

8. "If you could go ahead and off yourself, that'd be greeat. Thanks, Pumpkin." He's charmingly assholish.

9. I always found it weird how it's live action, but only gives facial expressions when talking.

10. There's a side quest later on with Claptrap that really brought me around to him, so that might be coloring my opinion of him. We'll see if anyone else feels the same when we hit that.

Bonus Quests & Questions

How did you handle getting the hair from the Bullymongs?
Who did you end up giving the hair to? Why?
How many times did you die before killing that boss (if at all)?
What do you think of the mission overall? Was the loot worth the trouble?

Bad Hair Day
1. I just tanked the dmg and got in there flailing wildly.. lol

2. Hammerlock. As much as I love a good shotgun, I cant say no to a better sniper rifle and shoot people from 500m away like a coward :whistle:

Symbiosis
1. Just once, cause I was too focused on hitting the boss, I forgot about the dudes that spawned and got overrun.

2. Didn't get anything really noteworthy. Still the begining of the game so anything I would get would probly be replaced pretty soon anyway. The mission overall was fine, but the fact that it's in its own, dead end area bugs me more than it should :geek:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Three

>Part Three
borderlands_2___sanctuary_at_night__01__by_cyndaart-d7wguox.jpg
Chapter 4: The Road to Sanctuary

Location(s) : Three Horns Divide; Sanctuary

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Rock, Paper, Genocide (all four elements)

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • The Name Game
  • Assassinate the Assassins
  • - would recommend playing with a partner or team.

Chapter 5: Plan B

Location(s) : Sanctuary; Three Horns Valley

Required Sidequest(s)

• None

Summary: You sail your way over with Claptrap to the outskirts of Sanctuary, where you witness Corporal Reiss getting chased away by a group of bandits. With the help of the AI, you hack a Catch-A-Ride station and drive outside of Sanctuary where Roland of the Crimson Raiders asks you to retrieve Cpl. Reiss.

You find Cpl. Reiss as he’s taking his last breaths and he gives you the power core to fuel Sanctuary’s shield. After avenging his death (or not), you’re allowed into Sanctuary where you discover that Roland has gone missing.

Scooter, the town mechanic, informs you that in light of Roland’s disappearance, he has to initiate Plan B, or as he likes to call it, Plan “Turn-this-city-into-a-floatin’-ass-fortress-of-airborne-awesomeness” B. He gives you eridium to trade with Earl for a fuel cell then instructs you to plug the batteries into the city’s ignition primers. The city begins to shake but, ultimately, nothing happens. The urgency to find Roland increases.

Questions
  1. How are you handling traversing the Southern Shelf with your Runner? For those in parties, who’s driving and how well do they drive?
  2. Newbies, what do you think will be your favourite element and why? Vets, what’s your favourite and why?
  3. Who is your favourite personality in Sanctuary and why?
  4. Have you given the slot machines in Moxxi’s bar a go? If so, how do you like it? Have you found the rewards useful?

Bonus Quests & Questions

1. What would you have named the Bullymongs?
  1. Were you able to assassinate the assassins correctly?
  2. How’d you handle this mission?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Four

>Part Four
frostburn_canyon_at_day_by_supertaireamfan-dbld1f4.png
Chapter 6: Hunting the Firehawk

Location(s) : Frostburn Canyon

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Claptrap&#8217;s Secret Stash
  • Do No Harm
  • ^No Vacancy

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Medical Mystery
  • Medical Mystery: X-Communicate
  • Neither Rain Nor Sleet Nor Skags
  • Too Close for Missiles

Chapter 7: A Dam Fine Rescue

Location(s) :Southern Shelf

Bonus Sidequest(s)

• A Positive Self Image
  • In Memoriam - Rewards you with a
    custom_head_2.png
  • Cult Following: Eternal Flame
  • ^Cult Following: False Idols
  • ^Cult Following: Lighting the Match
  • ^Cult Following: The Enkindlings

Summary: Roland is missing! After Roland instructs you to open his safe to find info about his whereabouts, you find an echo device from the Firehawk who instructs you to &#8220;go to Frostburn Canyon or else people will die.&#8221; Once you&#8217;re in Frostburn Canyon, you follow the Bloodshot signs leading you to the Firehawk, who is revealed to be none other than&#8230; Lilith!

&#8220;&#8216;Sup?&#8221; she greets you before falling to the floor.

Lilith is a Raider who informs you that the Bloodshots have grabbed Roland. Before she can finish, you&#8217;re both bombarded by more bandits. After making quick work of your foes, Lilith continues to explain that Roland was getting information on the Vault, and Jack&#8217;s plans for it, when he was taken. Lilith then prepares to transport you to the Bloodshot Stronghold&#8230; only to have you moved a mere 10 feet from her location.

You attempt to infiltrate the Bloodshot Stronghold but are stopped at the gate for not driving one of their technicals. Scooter tells you to visit his sister, Ellie, in The Dust. With Ellie&#8217;s help, you obtain a technical and fool the bandits keeping guard at the gate. You tear through the Stronghold and face down a W4R-D3N with Roland&#8217;s help.

Questions
  1. How&#8217;d your fight go with W4R-D3N?
  2. Have you caught onto any more pop culture references? What's been your favourite?
  3. Favourite bit of bandit dialogue that you&#8217;ve heard so far?
  4. What have been your least favourite enemies to deal with and why?
  5. Have you been farming the Goliaths and have you managed GOD-liath?
  6. Favourite bit of loot that you&#8217;ve picked up so far?
  7. What's been your favourite mission to do so far? How about your least favourite? Why?
  8. What has been your favourite weapon(s) to use so far and why?
  9. What shield and grenade mod do you currently have equipped?
  10. What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
  11. Got any stories for the community? Tell&#8217;em all!

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Ohayo!
A little late but it&#8217;s all right
Got some questions for you as you continue the fight
I&#8217;m posting Three and Four cuz they&#8217;re both short
And I needed more time to fit in
the Tiny Tina DLC fuck this I can&#8217;t rhyme anymore it&#8217;s TOO HARD and sorry for oversleeping and also... yeah. Might combine parts again but the extra week should be all I need. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Your rhymes are whack, you think you all that,
BUT WHERE YOU AT GIRL, WHERE YOU AT

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

Yeah, it was just about Zero killing someone and complaining that it wasn't much of a challenge.

Re Qualifying as a bandit, I must have missed that bit of exposition. Was it in the middle of a gunfight?

How are you handling traversing the Southern Shelf with your Runner? For those in parties, who’s driving and how well do they drive?

Very unintuitive at first. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I humiliatingly reversed off a cliff while lining up a jump once, and have a lot of trouble in tight corners.

Newbies, what do you think will be your favourite element and why? Vets, what’s your favourite and why?

Corrosion has worked best so far. (See below.)

Who is your favourite personality in Sanctuary and why?

Likely Roland if he was around. I don't know anybody that well yet. Black market guy seems fun.

Have you given the slot machines in Moxxi’s bar a go? If so, how do you like it? Have you found the rewards useful?

Took one look and said 'dammit do you think I'm made of money?'

What would you have named the Bullymongs?

I think I'd call them Snow Spiders. Didn't actually intend to complete this quest, (more Bullymong killing, seriously Hammerlock, get a new hobby) but was ambushed by Bullymong on the way back from my first failed attempt to Assasinate the Assassins, so thought I might as well keep going.)

Then Hammerlock gave me a Corrosive Shield.

Were you able to assassinate the assassins correctly?
How’d you handle this mission?

3/4, possibly 4/4, I'm not sure. This mission was hell, I initially tried to stealth it, because pistol, I thought the Assassin might run if I went in loud. Then I gave up and went loud,but Wat's Badass Psycho Bodyguard killed me a few times. Gave up, then got Corrosive Shield from Hammerlock, which was the only way to defeat Badass Psycho. Wat then gave me trouble because I was trying for a pistol kill in close.

Sniper kill assassin was easier as that's my primary weapon anyway.

Melee kill, I initially didn't even bother trying for, but by coincidence we ended up in close quarters out of ammunition so I had to go for it.

Last assassin was tricky thanks to his Nomad Taskmasters, I basically had to sneak up, take a shot, retreat, sneak back, take another shot, retreat, rinse-repeat. Which would be easier if the enemies didn't respawn behind you. I am not sure if I successfully shotgunned him or if he died of Corrosion. Can I check somehow?

Ran out of bullets multiple times during this engagement. Multiple deaths per assasin, especially Wat and the last one. I'd say twentyish overall.

Story missions fine, except for two humiliating falls over cliffs.

Best part? According to the Echos, they were after an invincible Siren, so the whole mission was pointless in the first place!

I'm kind of wondering why Jack hasn't just flattened Sanctuary already. Clearly he can. Also, I'm getting a lot of respect, in most RPGs you need to do a lot of 'go find my shoes' missions before anyone knows your name.

PART 3

Questions
  1. How are you handling traversing the Southern Shelf with your Runner? For those in parties, who&#8217;s driving and how well do they drive?
  2. Newbies, what do you think will be your favourite element and why? Vets, what&#8217;s your favourite and why?
  3. Who is your favourite personality in Sanctuary and why?
  4. Have you given the slot machines in Moxxi&#8217;s bar a go? If so, how do you like it? Have you found the rewards useful?

Bonus Quests & Questions

1. What would you have named the Bullymongs?
  1. Were you able to assassinate the assassins correctly?
  2. How&#8217;d you handle this mission?

1. It's pretty good once you get used to the controls.
2. My fav is probably corrosive. It's fantastic during a certain section of the game, plus its fun to just see them fade away when they die.
3. I really like Moxxi. 'Cause she's fun, and I like bewbs.
4. I haven't gotten anything useful, but since I never really use my cash for anything, whenever I head back to Sanctionary I always drain all my money into the slots to try and get some iridium.

The Name Game

1. Quadrolangs. A fusion of quad and orangutangs, with some flair in for good measure. My naming skills are lacking.

Assassinate The Assassins

1. All except for the last one... He accidentally got set on fire and thats what finished him off :/
2. I rolled in, kicked names, and took ass. I picked up a orange assault rifle from a bullymong (one shot does more than my sniper rifle lol), so dealing with everything was pretty easy. All enemies went down in seconds, and I was able to lower all the assassins health pretty easily since my rifle was a jacobs, so one click, one shot.
I made sure I didnt sell a shotgun since I knew I needed one, which I didnt actually end up needing, blarg.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
How&#8217;d your fight go with W4R-D3N?
Have you caught onto any more pop culture references? What's been your favourite?
Favourite bit of bandit dialogue that you&#8217;ve heard so far?
What have been your least favourite enemies to deal with and why?
Have you been farming the Goliaths and have you managed GOD-liath?
Favourite bit of loot that you&#8217;ve picked up so far?
What's been your favourite mission to do so far? How about your least favourite? Why?
Got any stories for the community? Tell&#8217;em all!

1. Lost in the tower, had to go to prison camp. Hope that doesn't end up with a bad ending or Jack being repaced by a clone or something. The way this autosaves, you can't repeat missions, which is a shame. I died enough times that the respawn point started making fun of me for it.

I was too focused on the Badass Loader in the tower, and not enough on th shield generator. Eventually worked by just making sure missed shots on the loaders would hit the machine, which did enough damage.

2.Not really good a catching that kind of thing.

3.Nothing is coming to mind, sorry.

4.Badass Psychos are tricky because they instantly charge as soon as they spot you, and they seem to be the only enemy that doesn't respond to being shot in the face. Nomads and their variants advance slowly and shoot, making it easier to line up a shot.

5. No, I just snipe them then sit back and watch.

6. My Corrosive Shield. It's obsolete now, which is a shame. A huge help against melee attackers.

7. The bloodshots tower, ignoring the 'find parts for your jeep' bit. More dynamic than the rest, plus we get the first glimpse of Hyperion's military in action. Finally meeting Roland also interesting.

No outright bad story missions yet, but I'm not altogether keen on any of the 'collect X number of things' missions.

8. The sniper rifle from the Bullymong mission. Just because I was looking forward to getting it.

9. Soul of the Fire Hawk and a standard explosion grenade mod.

10. I like Lilith and Roland so far, rest of side characters I could take or leave. Don't know enough about Jack to draw conclusions. Jack has a part of the vault key, so we probably have to steal that. I think the AI is Hyperion made or something Jack has access to somehow, and would not be surprised if either she or Claptrap was hacked and sabotaged us.

A bit over reliant on 'I am going to openly tell you my character gimmick.'

11. Not really. Halfway through the tower I just gave up fighting and ran through the level, ignoring the enemies. Works pretty well if you don't get lost. I can snipe fine, but tend to lose straight fights.

Jakobs guns seem solidly reliable. They don't do anything fancy, but are really good at piling on damage in a hurry.

Didn't deliver mail, collect hood ornaments, or do 'Too close for missiles', did all other missions. I remember hearing somewhere that you can do Claptrap's mission the long way if you like?

Top Bottom