BTS

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
So having read through all the posts and even watched all the videos linked (other than that 90 min documentary, which I might get to at some point), can someone explain what's going on with this group that led to this thread being created? I'm trying not to google it so I don't end up in the YouTube K-Pop wormhole.

They're just insanely popular, and their fans are a lot. I think it became a kpop general discussion.

I would recommend the Lou Perlman doc! It's incredibly interesting and exposes a lot about 90s boybands (specifically Backstreet Boys and N*Sync) that I was none the wiser of. It definitely falls in line with the other stuff I've posted here.

ingram5

Lv. 1 Adventurer
BTS is a South Korean/K-Pop boy group that consists of 7 members.They are also know as Bangtan Sonyeondan, Bulletproof Boy Scouts, Bangtan Boys and Beyond The Scene and debuted on 13 June 2013, with the song No More Dream. The debut album name was 2 Cool 4 School. They debuted under the label Bighit Entertainment.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
For the record, the way K-Pop stan culture has been used in support of stuff like #BLM makes me take back a bunch of times I've made fun of/feared them xD

Top Bottom