Capcom has lost its damn mind at Comic-Con

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Surprised no one's made a thread about this, I thought there'd be more Megaman fans here.

First off, for anyone who is not aware or not in the know, Capcom has cancelled Megaman Legends 3. Naturally, a lot of fans were upset, pissed off, confused, etc, given how the developers had opened up so much of themselves to reveal the development process, what was going on, etc. It was as if they actually gave a damn, and wanted fan input. It was great and then suddenly. Gone.

Then it comes out that apparently Capcom didn't like the idea in the first place, which naturally caused more fans to rage.

If anyone wants to read anymore back scene shit about it, this person on reddit claims to be from Capcom and explains why it died in development.

tl;dr, The 3DS is a very bad system to make games on and they had a very bland core with no idea how to make it not bland. :monster:

Apparently Capcom thinks oil extinguishes fires because they then go on to state that the fans didn't want it enough, and because there was such a lack of enthusiasm for the title, it had to die!!! :awesomonster:

Now it's finally come to a head at Comic-Con. Apparently, anyone who mentions Mega-Man, wears Mega-Man related clothing or cosplay near the Capcom booth gets booted from the Con.

Capcom apparently has finally gotten tired of fans giving them money, and decided to just go batshit insane. Awesome.

I'm really shocked no one's heard of this shit going on. More details are here.

Yeah, between Resident Evil going to shit, Devil May Fail, and now this. I really don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
We just don't care anymore.

Fuck it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Capcom Europe has gone batshit on twitter btw.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
You know, I wanted to make a thread about all this here but I administrate a hispanic-based Megaman community and I'm just too focused there right now. People is really angry all around the world.

Personally I have been a die hard Mega Man fan since... Hell, since I have memory. And a GOOD portion of those years have been spent waiting for Megaman Legends 3.

Just... Fuck, man. What the fuck is going on with Capcom? We knew they hate Megs but wow, this is just crazy. They asked us everything and we DID deliver, and then they gave us nothing in return. NOTHING. More than a decade just for this. Nope, nothing, not a single thing, not even the demo. I mean, come on... I know they have to be very careful with their profit (it's a company after all) but psshhh, they just don't care about Mega Man anymore.

I just don't understand.

MML3 was a project that met with unprecedented hype and good vibe even from the most acid sectors of the fandom and Capcom cancelled it, while DmC the only thing that receives from the exact moment they announced it is HATE, TONS and TONS of hate and despite all that, it's still going. Why they take risks for them and not for us?

We Mega Man fans are the ones who always have to eat dirt.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
MegaMan hasn't even made it into MVC3.

Tron and fucking Zero(for the second time this gen) made it into it over him.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
We just don't care anymore.

Fuck it.

So you lost all hope for Capcom? Or...?

Phoenix Wright said:
You know, I wanted to make a thread about all this here but I administrate a hispanic-based Megaman community and I'm just too focused there right now. People is really angry all around the world.

Personally I have been a die hard Mega Man fan since... Hell, since I have memory. And a GOOD portion of those years have been spent waiting for Megaman Legends 3.

Just... Fuck, man. What the fuck is going on with Capcom? We knew they hate Megs but wow, this is just crazy. They asked us everything and we DID deliver, and then they gave us nothing in return. NOTHING. More than a decade just for this. Nope, nothing, not a single thing, not even the demo. I mean, come on... I know they have to be very careful with their profit (it's a company after all) but psshhh, they just don't care about Mega Man anymore.

I just don't understand.

MML3 was a project that met with unprecedented hype and good vibe even from the most acid sectors of the fandom and Capcom cancelled it, while DmC the only thing that receives from the exact moment they announced it is HATE, TONS and TONS of hate and despite all that, it's still going. Why they take risks for them and not for us?

We Mega Man fans are the ones who always have to eat dirt.

Yeah, it's a real kick to the nuts to the fans who bolstered up their signature (or rather, former signature) IP for more than 2 damn decades. I mean, that's seriously fucked up. Even Square hasn't fucked up this royally. :monster:

I hope there's some serious fallout from this. The bad publicity alone may make them pause in terms of how they deal with their fans, but we'll see.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don't worry, the fans know how to fight back.

It's not MML3 related, but we're tired of letting this shit just go.

Oh my God, that shit too! What the fuck is Capcom's problem?

Yeah, I get the hate for the used game industry, but disabling the consumer from editing or deleting their own fucking saved game that they've spent money for is pretty goddamn low.

Between that, and the shitty design of the game, I've said no to that game. It's fucking pointless. I hope its sales continue to plummet.

I hope more Amazon bombing commences. Capcom needs to be sent a wake up call.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Good thing I've never been a Capcom fan.

Except for Okami. :/

But I gave up hope of them ever doing anything awesome related to that game a long time ago. I'll just play my PS2 copy and be content. <3

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah the whole thing of being booted from the con is ridiculous. What if said people don't even realize they are near the booth?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm still butthurt about there being no Megaman in either iteration of MVC3.

It's so retarded.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What I want to know though, is why there's this sudden antipathy towards Megaman from Capcom.

What sudden event made them want to cannibalize their own signature mascot?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I wouldn't believe that shit Mog. Not after how Capcom Europe lost its damn mind on twitter.

What I want to know though, is why there's this sudden antipathy towards Megaman from Capcom.

What sudden event made them want to cannibalize their own signature mascot?

Let's be honest, Street Fighter has always been Capcom's mascot. They whore the hell out of that series more than any other.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fair enough, but still. What made them want to basically blacklist Mega Man?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Maybe it's my bias as a SF fan, but I can't blame Capcom for too much with Street Fighter. Fighting game tournaments, and SF in particular is incredibly popular worldwide, and players from all over, and sites like Shoryuken are incredibly active with tens of thousands of people on at a time.

Capcom is actually pretty responsible with Street Fighter and its fans respond in kind by buying the product and doing a lot of shit with it. The problem isn't overemphasis on SF, the problem is underemphasis on their other IPs, and Capcom has more than enough resources to give everyone some love.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Maybe it's my bias as a SF fan, but I can't blame Capcom for too much with Street Fighter. Fighting game tournaments, and SF in particular is incredibly popular worldwide, and players from all over, and sites like Shoryuken are incredibly active with tens of thousands of people on at a time.

Capcom is actually pretty responsible with Street Fighter and its fans respond in kind by buying the product and doing a lot of shit with it. The problem isn't overemphasis on SF, the problem is underemphasis on their other IPs, and Capcom has more than enough resources to give everyone some love.

That's because without street fighter there would be no Capcom.

SF MADE Capcom. Without it they are literally nothing.

And it's not just Megaman they're abusing. Don't foget Breath of Fire.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also, if you need further proof that that the failure of NT's Devil May Cry garbage will prompt Capcom to cancel the whole series due to "waning fan interest," here it is.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Was there supposed to be a link or something, Force? I'm not understanding your post here.

Top Bottom