Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Weaving is awesome for the Skull, the guy they got for Cap is weaksauce though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
evil-agent-smith.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I would agree with you if I hadn't seen him in Sunshine. That movie really changed what I thought of him as an actor, and gave me some confidence in him as Cap.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull is a great choice, but I remain a little dubious about the choice for Cap. Still, if X endorses him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wanted Matt Damon, though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't trust Evans with the role at all. It's like trusting Nikkolas with watching your kids, you just know something is going to go wrong.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One of you guys should watch Sunshine this week. Aside from being a kick-ass hard sci-fi, it should hopefully validate my opinion of his acting abilities. Especially because he's in a serious, (semi) leadership role, which is closer to what he'll be doing in CA:TFA than most of the other roles that probably most everyone has seen him in.

I'm not saying that it will absolutely be good, but I'm just saying that I'd feel 100% the same way about him if I hadn't seen that film.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I can attest that sunshine was some goodsauce.

But errm isnt this guy johnny in the F4?

If you've seen him in serious stuff, you can tell he does have some acting talent. And they couldnt have used Matt Damon, the cap contract stated 10 years, so they needed to get someone young who could actually play cap over the next 10 years. Damon's too old

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Yes he was.

They said they were looking for an unknown when they announced the project. I am disappoint.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM

This. Hugo is severely underrated as an actor. Give him any theatrical role and you're guaranteed an outstanding performance.

As for Chris Evens, the kid can't carry a movie at all.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hugo weaving bullied me when we were in Antarctica. He didn't like my dancing cos I was scaring his fish away. bastard.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Will do, X.

Looking forward to seeing what you think. :awesomonster:

True, but that's likely being rebooted, in addition to the fact that it's owned by Fox, like X-Men (or Sony & Spider-man), and not by Marvel - like IronMan, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
The point is, unlike Ryan who has good acting (except Blade 3) and a good filmography, We have doubts that Johnny Storm can actually do a good Captain America primarily because he's a total goof ball.

He's capable of playing a more serious role, and aside from a no-name the best option at the moment.

And about the whole playing both johnny and cap, I heard that they're planning on rebooting the f4.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
To Marvel Studio's film continuity? It would be a good idea to do so. Keep em in one studio an shit.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Fox still owns Fantastic Four. So I don't know if the F4 would actually take place in the Marvel movieverse. Or whatever.

Heh. It's like all these comic book adaptations are suffering from ADS, with all these reboots and shit.

Still pissed about the Spider-Man reboot, but that's a different topic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I never liked the spiderman movies much anyway.

I would rather have Daniel Craig as Cap, I DON'T CARE HOW AWKWARD AND INAPPROPRIATE IT WOULD BE.

Top Bottom