[Case of Shinra Finished] Any news on the new OTWTAS entries?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah, haven't seen anything so I was wondering.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
I was wondering about that too. D: That and the revised Ultimania. Any revisions worth mentioning? :wacky:

Defade

ブルーレイ★&#1
One thing from Lifestream Part that I picked up -

As long as Cloud is alive, Sephiroth can come back as many times as he wants.

More specifically, as long as Cloud has S-cells/Jenova cells and memories of Sephiroth, it seems(which sorta goes to explain Seph's "I'll engrave new unforgettable memories onto you." in the trailer). There was also something about Aerith being unable to return to the Planet as long as Seph's spirit is intact. She finds his spirit somewhere along the lifestream and tries to get close to it, but was chased away. Seph can't do much in the lifestream at that point so he gave up the chase in the middle.

On Nanaki's Case, it seems he's troubled by the fact that he's a long lived species, thus doomed to see all of his friends pass away. But Vincent offers for him to visit Midgar once a year, where he'll listen to whatever Nanaki has to say with a face that betrays little interest. Nanaki fears that Vincent will pass away as well, but Vince states that he's immortal.

Note that I got most of this off reading comments on 2ch, and not of the actual novel itself.(except for Nanaki and Vince's conversation where someone posted snippets of that) Some inaccuracies might occur since it's possible someone mixed their opinions with fact.

Ultimania, I pre-ordered it from my bookstore, so if no news appears when I get it, I'll look over the revisions.

Last edited:
^Do not these count as spoilers? I suspect they would fit better in the spoiler section.

That said, I hope Vincent stays immortal even after DoC. It's not unlikely he does.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Wasn't Vincent's immortality though connected to Chaos? With Chaos out of him, he ages normally?

Defade

ブルーレイ★&#1
^Do not these count as spoilers? I suspect they would fit better in the spoiler section.

That said, I hope Vincent stays immortal even after DoC. It's not unlikely he does.

Since the topic creator asked for new info on OTWTAS, people would be expecting spoilers when they go into the topic, imo. And it's not exactly spoilers of ACC itself.

But I put a spoiler tag on it anyways. And if the mods feel like it should be moved to the spoiler section, then I have no complaints.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I think I might be more interested in these than in ACC itself. Does TLS have any plans to translate them?

*waits for hitoshura to huck something at me*

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hitoshura's told me that he's gotten his copy and yeah, there will be translations, once he..you know, get's to see ACC for himself :monster:

Interestingly enough, at the end of each chapter, there are these passages called "Lifestream - Black" and "Lifestream - White."

They seem to be passages and stuff related to Sephiroth and Aerith respectively. He's looking through them now and he'll be back once he's seen ACC and won't be massively spoiled by all the shit going on here.

@Defade

Wow, thank you so much for those interesting portions you told us!

All I can say is thank God, Cloud got cured of Geostigma. Talk about a never ending curse. Wow.

@Channy

You're forgetting Vincent has 3 other monsters inside his body that keep him from aging and aid in his regeneration.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Which chapters will be translated first? :wacky:

Maybe we should make a poll. :monster:
I want the Lifestream chapter first. =o

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wasn't Vincent's immortality though connected to Chaos? With Chaos out of him, he ages normally?

The discussion is had elsewhere. But basically the two sides are either what you said, or its Hojo's experiments (unrelated to Chaos) that gave him the ageless body (which is what I think). But like I said, that discussion is for the DC forum.

I can't wait to see what these are about. For sheer story, they've actually been some of the best parts of the Compilation in my opinion. Is there any word if they all take place between FF7 and AC? Or are some after (like Case of Denzel...kinda is)?
I'm pretty sure Case of Shinra is between the two, and Case of Lifestream clearly is. But Red's needn't be.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's going to be Case of Lifestream first, cause I said so :monster:

Seriously. I asked hitoshura to work on that first, and he said that he would. :monster:

All I can say is thank God, Cloud got cured of Geostigma. Talk about a never ending curse. Wow.

Is it certain the rain, aka Aerith's Great Gospel, really removed all last remnants of the Jenova (or 'S') cells in Cloud's system? They didn't do that last time around, when Zack copied Aerith's limit break at the end of Crisis Core. So I would think that with Cloud still alive and kicking there is always the slightest chance of Sephiroth returning.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Is it certain the rain, aka Aerith's Great Gospel, really removed all last remnants of the Jenova (or 'S') cells in Cloud's system? They didn't do that last time around, when Zack copied Aerith's limit break at the end of Crisis Core. So I would think that with Cloud still alive and kicking there is always the slightest chance of Sephiroth returning.

I think that Cloud's body, through Aerith's mini-Great Gospel, purged all the Jenova cells inside of him.

If he still had cells left in his body after that, he would still suffer from Geostigma.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
It's going to be Case of Lifestream first, cause I said so :monster:

Seriously. I asked hitoshura to work on that first, and he said that he would. :monster:

W00t! :wackymonster:

I find what Defade said about Aerith finding Sephy and being chased away really amusing. I'm imagining him chasing her around the Lifestream while screaming "GET OFF MY LAWN" :wacky:

And I really want to read Case of Nanaki. ;_;

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
@Shademp

Geostigma

「 AC 」

A mysterious illness which spread following the Meteor Crisis. It causes black spots to appear on the skin of the sufferers. There is no cure, and sufferers are gradually weakened by random attacks of pain, eventually proving fatal. This is a condition brought on by the overworking of the body’s immune system, trying to purge Jenova’s cells that have entered the body. And even more terrifyingly, the spiritual energy of the dead afflicted with Geostigma will separate from the normal cycle of life and join the Negative Lifestream — Jenova’s mimetic legacy lurking in the Lifestream — and contribute to its power to corrode away the planet.

If Aerith cured Cloud, then she removed the Jenova cells that were in his body causing the condition. Sephiroth's will is a component but the biological, physical cause are Jenova cells within the body.

Zack never preformed this. This is Great Gospel on a massive scale, far beyond Aerith's limit break while living. Furthermore, Zack never did Great Gospel. He did "Healing Wave", which is a copy of Aerith's "Healing Wind."

@Dark and Divine

Holy shit, I thought the same thing. XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think that Cloud's body, through Aerith's mini-Great Gospel, purged all the Jenova cells inside of him.

If he still had cells left in his body after that, he would still suffer from Geostigma.

How so, when Sephiroth's influence is gone?

Unless in ACC, there's...OH SHI- :wackymonster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
@Dark and Divine

Holy shit, I thought the same thing. XD

Great minds think alike! :wacky:

How so, when Sephiroth's influence is gone?

Unless in ACC, there's...OH SHI- :wackymonster:

I meant in AC, while Sephiroth's spirit and will were still active!

If Aerith didn't removed all the J-cells from inside Cloud, then Sephiroth's presence would make the remaining cells to be active, thus Geostigma wouldn't be removed.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think most people don't like to write off Cloud's jenova cells because they think it'll make him weaker without them.

I think DoC proved that's not the Case though :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Anyone touched by Aerith's healing water no longer has Jenova cells within them. Her water destroys the Jenova cells that are inside a person's body, thus healing the stigma.

If it was just a matter of removing Sephiroth's influence, then what would the water be doing? Cloud destroyed Sephiroth, and thus the influence was gone. The water was removing the biological component. The taint. Which is Jenova.

In fact, anytime Cloud suffers an attack of Geostigma, you see a flash of what appears to be a greenish-blue cluster of cellular matter. It's pretty apparent those are supposed to represent the Jenova cells within Cloud's body.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The water was obviously an addition that was forced onto the game / movie by Christian fundamentalist lobbyists. I mean, a church? Kids getting baptised? Seph looking like a ghey version of Jesus? Angel statue? One-winged Angel? Halo above Seph's head in ACC's final battle? Aerith praying?

I tell you, Christian fundies. Geostigma is Satan's corruption caused by the sins of the fathers and whonot, and baptising cures it.

Of course, everyone knows Satan wins in the end, :monster:.

Top Bottom