• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Casting Call for Final Fantasy VII Narrated Trailer.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Casting Call for Final Fantasy VII Narrated Trailer.

So I got a little creative itch. It bugged me that the original teaser trailer choose a track that only exists in Advent Children, and after some experimentation with various covers of Final Fantasy VII tracks, I came up with this. This project is part of many to spearhead community media on TheLifestream.net, as well involving various other communities that are media-oriented. People who are invited to work on this will likely be invited to work on future projects on Youtube, ranging from parodies to character profile and round table discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaDfzqvTEr8

But since now there's no dialogue, I'm attempting to make this into something more. My goal here is to have one or two lines from the main cast during Midgar.

Essentially, I'm looking for people to audition for the roles of Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Barret, Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, Reeves, and President ShinRa. Maaaybe Sephiroth.

Anyone interested?
Tifa: Hey...Do you remember that day, five years ago?

Jessie: Every town used to have a name, but nobody remembers them anymore. We’re just living by numbers. That's the kind of place this is. That's the kinda people...we are.

Civilian: Avalanche, Shinra, it’s all the same. I’ll tell you y’can’t trust anyone

Biggs: Stop acting like you’re the only one with a chip on your shoulder. We all have our reasons to live the way we do. We all lost something to ShinRa.

Wedge: I can fight! I can be strong! I’ve still got honor! I'm not gonna let the past define me!

Aerith: Those eyes...I’ve seen that glow before. You’re just like him. Only…Sad.

Reeves: You can’t do that! It’ll be the death of hundreds of innocent people!

President ShinRa: A minor loss of expendable assets in the greater scheme.

Red XIII: You keep saying we. You assume I’m aligning myself with you by choice. I don’t trust any of you humans.

Barret: It's 'cuz of that shithole pizza up there that people down here suffer. They love their land though, and they ain’t leaving.

Cloud: So it’s like this train. Can’t go anywhere but where the tracks take it.

Tifa: So that’s it, you’re just gonna walk out on our promise after all this time?

Cloud: I'm sorry, but...I'm not a hero.

Red XIII's lines may be subject to change, still struggling with that, and there may be openings for Reeve, President ShinRa, and other NPCs depending on how this initial stuff fits in. The music works perfectly so far, so I can't extend the video unfortunately.

Please send inquiries to PM and we'll arrange audition MP3s to be reviewed.

Last edited:
I wish there was a point in me auditioning, but my default voice is no good and I don't have enough voice control. Plus it also sucks when you can't create a recording without background noise.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
My rough-as-a-badger's-bollocks Brummie accent has no place near the FF universes. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I could give it a shot, I guess. My voice has a bit of range to it, if recent events are to be believed. :monster:

aaad

Pro Adventurer
Depending on what you're looking for specifically, I don't mind giving it a go. If I can get my studio mic working again then I can probably do a few things.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I could give it a shot, I guess. My voice has a bit of range to it, if recent events are to be believed. :monster:

Loud and louder are not range. :monster:

Though this does make me curious, where on VII's planet would you place British accents? I'm thinking GoT style with northerners having northern accents an' shit.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I'm basically looking for Cloud, Aerith, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, and possibly one NPC character whose line stuck out to me. Sooo much as I'd love UK peeps...I dunno. I'd wanna see how much of this trailer the lines I have would fill, and if there's too much dead time, I could add in more NPC lines and it won't matter what accent you use.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I can try Jessie maybe? Not sure how quality my laptop mic is but can give it a shot and if I hate it I won't give it to you :monster:

(I don't want to embarrass Aerith and Tifa's graces by even attempting their beautiful voices.)

aaad

Pro Adventurer
If a certain accent isn't working, I'm more than happy to attempt short lines in different accents if I work in it phonetically. It all depends on the line(s), character and place in the trailer.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've updated the first post with the script I have, so anyone who wants to try is welcome to.

I really wish I had some direct way to reach out to the two women who did Draw my Life Tifa and Draw my Life Aerith.

Though this does make me curious, where on VII's planet would you place British accents? I'm thinking GoT style with northerners having northern accents an' shit.

In my head they all have British/Irish accents, except for Barret who sounds Nigerian and Veld (who nobody cares about) who sounds South African.

PS I'd like it if Cloud and Tifa sounded Australian.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I might just do a TLS exclusive UK version for the fun of it, and because the LifeStream owes so much to it's European members that have been a driving force for the community. though I'm still gonna try to find people on Casting Call for the official version as well.

So if anyone, regardless of accent wants to try, I'll accept auditions, as long as they're within the spirit and has at least closet-quality noise control. An imperfect amateur like me can't exactly demand studio quality material. I just really want to do this for it's creative sake.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
this aerith is no more! she has ceased to be! she's expired and gone to meet 'er maker! she's a stiff! bereft of life, she rests in peace! her metabolic processes are now 'istory! she's off the twig! she's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off 'er mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

THIS IS AN EX-AERITH!!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Oi, I can do American accents an' shit. :monster:

Though that'd be damn hilarious.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
THIS HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION AND I SHALL GIVE IT A GO

I WILL BE AUDITIONING FOR BARRET :kermit:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Anyone who wants to audition, just send me as many takes of the lines you want to do. Mp3 format prefered for sake of size.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Reviving this project, with minor changes on the front page. Please contact if interested, and redo your lines in the event that changes have been made. This is basically rebooting, and expanding to a few communities.

Top Bottom