• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cat on Mars creates an art thread

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
:smileycat:ANNOUNCEMENT:smileycat:
Contents go to Patreon, specially NSFW contents: patreon.com/CatOnMars
Follow me on Twitter for updates and random pics: Cat on Mars on twitter
Follow me on Facebook for updates and random pics: Cat on Mars on facebook
I have a pixiv.com account too, it's a gallery and you can follow me there too: Cat on Mars on pixiv

Well, this was long overdue.
I'll start with a bit of backstory. I've had formal training in art and first and foremost, I'm a painter. The old school type with paint under her fingenails and a big ass metal easel and even bigger canvases.

I painted this in my second year at Uni (oil on canvas).
perros_detalle.png

You see this? Well, the canvas was bigger than me. It was huge. I can't recall its exact measures, but it was about six feet long. I couldn't even take photos of the whole thing, this is the best I could manage:
perros1_1000.png

I have the unmounted canvas stored and for sale if someone is interested :mon:
And I had to bring it to my tiny student flat all the way from the workshop, my arms were sore for a couple of days. Fun times!

End of my final year:
partial_showroom_1280.png

tripico1-35pc.png
crossred-limbman900.png
That is just part of my work but you get the idea. My theme was Neo-expressive and Neo-figurative painting. I like Francis Bacon and Barjola.
These and more are all for sale, in case you want to own a Francis Bacon painting but his originals are a bit out of your price range.

Next up: illustrations.

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Let's continue finish this.

come to mommy_by cat-on-mars.jpg
I bet this kind of disturbing content is what Sephitoth would find hot.

Everything went downhill after this. Depression kicked in and I lost all motivation to finish anything I tried to do.
I'll show you a couple of unfinished pieces that I will complete in the future.
2014 a Tifa for christmas.png2014 T&A_800.jpg

There's more from these came from.

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
One more from 2012!

fimbulvinter_has_arrived_by_cat_on_mars_d5rd56p.jpg
This was fun and I still like it, even if the sword and armor look awful (by my insanely high current standards). I remember painting two dog heads and then going "I don't feel like painting two whole dogs" and this is what happened.

Those are all really cool! My favorite is probably the first one from 2012
Thank you! I've always liked that one, too. It's kinda unpolished but I wanted to make a fun, colorful piece with the whole gothic "crow girl" concept. I've always felt that she's lowkey disappointed with me for that choice, her face looks like she's thinking "Really? Is goth/emo aesthetic a joke to you?". :lol:

Man, for our resident shitposter, you are insanely talented! TLS has the best people.
Aww, thanks! Shitposting is just one of my many, many talents. :D

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
One more from 2012!

View attachment 6267
This was fun and I still like it, even if the sword and armor look awful (by my insanely high current standards). I remember painting two dog heads and then going "I don't feel like painting two whole dogs" and this is what happened.

Thank you! I've always liked that one, too. It's kinda unpolished but I wanted to make a fun, colorful piece with the whole gothic "crow girl" concept. I've always felt that she's lowkey disappointed with me for that choice, her face looks like she's thinking "Really? Is goth/emo aesthetic a joke to you?". :lol:

Aww, thanks! Shitposting is just one of my many, many talents. :D

I love the detail on the women! I like how you used blue to do the shading of the ground and mountain

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I love the detail on the women! I like how you used blue to do the shading of the ground and mountain
I always try to add something distinctive about the characters, there's too much "generic warrior" art. I'm not that good at character design but I try. :)

They all look alive, and as if they could move at any moment.
Oh me, oh my, I've ascended into heaven. I knew copying Michelangelo's works for years would be good for something!
Maybe my Drawing II professor was right after all.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I've been busy adding content to my Patreon page, trying to figure out how twitter works and painting again. I found something you guys might appreciate!
powehouse_specimen 2014vertical scroll_800.jpg

Back in 2014, we had an insane assignment for Design class: create THREE different fonts! Because of time constraints, we were allowed to present 3 specimens (character map display) and none of the fonts needed to be actually functional. That announcement made everyone's day, because if you're not familiar with typography, design is not the time-consuming part but the fun one! The boring part is compilling it and checking lettering, spacing, kerning and all that. This one, friends, it's the only one I actually finished because I wanted to and I have it installed in my pc even if I don't use it much (it's a Display font, so... yeah, not exactly a versatile font).

As you might already know because you're all very smart and I put it as spoiler title, it was obviously inspired by FFVII and its Japanese cyberpunk style. During development, its working title changed from "The city with the iron sky" to "Powerhouse" because the latter was shorter and back then I didn't want to reveal myself to my boomer Prof as someone obsessed with a videogame made 17 years ago.

Oh, and you can follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/FelineonMars

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
For this is a plague year, I've created an abomination (crossposting from The Cesspool thread).
wtf-sephiroth-jenova_2000px-png.6552

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Everytime my SO passed by my side while I was painting it he started singing One winged angel's chorus lol. It got to the point that I had to put on headphones and whip out a +6h AC/DC playlist just to get that image done.
By the way, the original image is a beast of 1.23 GB and its native size is 10000x7070px. I might have gone a bit overboard with this.:monster:

@Glaurung Yo, abriendo el spoiler hoy: "La puta de oros, de verdad hice esta cosa." Te juro que cada vez que veo la imagen se me borra la memoria. :faint:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Something cute for a change, commissioned by @odekopeko

I feel like showing how my digital sketches look like at the early stages, consider this the calm before the storm more depraved Sephinova pics.

NSFW CloudandTifaSummerStayHydrated-sketch.png
Stay hydrated, people.
Also, I don't know how Cloud's hair works without reference pics yet. :mon:

Top Bottom