• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Jason McCash from The Gates of Slumber passed away this weekend - fucking terrible, such a down to earth guy. Got drunk with TGOS guys when they played in my favourite bar in the Netherlands a couple of years ago. Apparently there was a reunion gig planned at the Hammer of Doom festival.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Rest in peace Otto Sol Petersen. Of Otto & George fame. Otto died April 14, just heard about it today. He was ventriloquist act, both filthy and funny.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
74 is way too young for someone that talented, goddamn. Easily one of the most influential artists of his generation. He will be missed. :sadpanda:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
A few days old, but for some reason I forgot to post about it:

Sasha Shulgin, creator of MDMA (Ecstasy) and a number of other psychedelic drugs. He also published methods for creating them and personally tested nearly everything about them, making notes of the dangers and effects.

It's pretty tragic he died when he did because we're starting to see his drugs put to wider therapeutic use as the psychiatric benefits of the drugs is starting to become clear. (MDMA has proven to be an excellent treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder, for example). While users of MDMA report feeling connected and happy, the current thinking on the drug is not that it increases happiness but that it decreases fear, thereby allowing their natural happiness to come through. This is one reason it's proven so effective in therapy sessions.

Dude was 88 and had been in hospice care for awhile, though (he had a stroke three years ago), so it's not all that surprising.

Cabaret

Donator

If word gets out I'm missing, five hundred girls will kill themselves. And I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Hello? Cancel the state funeral, tell the king to stop blubbing, Flash is not dead! I simply ran out of juice! And before five hundred girls all go 'oh, what's the point in living any more?' I'm talking about petrol! Woof!

:sigh:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
56 is no age at all. RIP.

No doubt. This is the same age as one of our supervisors here at work who just died of a heart attack yesterday.

He was a really great guy (went out of his way to make sure I was okay when I went through my separation last Fall) and seemed to be in pretty decent health. He was also our Incident Commander on the Emergency Response Team.

I know none of you know who the hell he is, but RIP to Tom Horne. A good man who will be missed by all who knew him.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Former San Diego Padres player and Hall of Famer Tony Gywnn is dead. I had no idea he was even sick. He was 54. That's way too young.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Actor Eli Wallach (perhaps best known as Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly) dead at 98.

Dingfod said:
Actor Eli Wallach died at age 98 yesterday. He was born to Polish Jew immigrant parents who ran a candy store in the middle of an Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn. Wallach graduated from the University of Texas in 1936 with a degree in History and went on to get a Masters in Education at City College of NYC. While at UT he was in a stage play with classmates Ann Sheridan and Walter Cronkite. Wallach served in the Army medical corps during WW2, first in Hawaii, then in Africa and France. He and fellow soldiers wrote a comedy play called Is This the Army? in which Wallach played Adolf Hitler. After the war he took acting classes with Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, and his future wife Anne Jackson. He perhaps best known for his role as the bandit Tuco in the Spaghetti Western The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef. (source)

eli-wallach-good-bad-ugly-2.jpg

Top Bottom