• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Jazz bassist Charlie Haden, dead at 76.

Haden revolutionised bass technique in his day and additionally used his music to advocate forcefully for a variety of political causes, through the formation of the Liberation Music Orchestra. They recorded albums during several periods of political crisis, such as Vietnam, Reagan's wars in Latin America, the waning years of Apartheid, and the run-up to the Second Iraq War.

Three Spanish Civil War Songs - LMO

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika - LMO

Adagio by Samuel Barber - LMO

Also Tommy Ramone, drummer/producer of the Ramones and the last member of the classic lineup still alive. They all died young too :sadpanda:

RIP Tommy Ramone: your band captured the sound in my head | Music | theguardian.com

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sorry for the double-post, but this bit from the Guardian's obit of Bacall is worth reprinting here:

Lauren Bacall, smoky-voiced Hollywood legend, dies at 89 | Film | theguardian.com
In old age, she raged against what she saw as the mediocrity of contemporary Hollywood, as represented by everything from the career of Tom Cruise to the Twilight movies that her granddaughter dragged her to see. “She said it was the greatest vampire film ever made,” Bacall recalled. “After the film was over, I wanted to smack her across the head with my shoe.”

Instead, Bacall bought the child a DVD of FW Murnau’s 1922 classic Nosferatu. “Now that’s a vampire film,” she told her sternly.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
British actor and director Richard Attenborough, who won several Academy Awards for Gandhi, has died at age 89. He was just a few days shy of reaching his 90th birthday.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
British actor and director Richard Attenborough, who won several Academy Awards for Gandhi, has died at age 89. He was just a few days shy of reaching his 90th birthday.

I will always think of him as John Hammond from Jurassic Park. May He Rest In Peace.

I wonder if they will dedicate the movie, Jurassic World, in his memory.

Telcontar

Donator
He was just a few days shy of reaching his 90th birthday.

pwg9kid.gif

Lots of high profile deaths lately. =(

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Glenn Cornick, bass player from Jethro Tull during 1968-1970, has passed away.

I loved his playing on the Stand Up album, which is one of my favorite Tull albums....

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I have mixed feelings about Joan Rivers. I didn't see a piece that summed up why adequately until here.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Isaiah "Ikey" Owens, best known as the former keyboardist for the Mars Volta, age 38. The cause of death has yet to be determined and remains under investigation.

38 is way too damn young.

Ghost X

RIP Gough Whitlam, former Australian PM, 98 years of age. Perhaps our most progressive PM ever. Gave us universal healthcare, free education (which no longer exists), got us out of Vietnam, paved the way for indigenous rights, and had good environmental policies too. All that and many more in just 3 years of government. Soon after he was disposed with a double dissolution, neoliberalism took over our political culture and the rest is history. How far we have fallen. He pulled us out of the Victorian era, and Abbott seems hell bent on returning us there.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ben Bradlee, who directed the Washington Post's Pulitzer Prize-winning coverage of Watergate, has died. He was 93. R.I.P.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
R.I.P. to Cream bassist/vocalist/songwriter Jack Bruce, age 71.

Clapton gets all the credit, of course, but I've always felt Bruce was just as important to Cream's sound, if not more so. I mean, he sang nearly all the songs, obviously, and he wrote most of them. But there's just a cohesiveness to the Cream material that you rarely find in a lot of Clapton's later solo work. Clapton was never as good a songwriter; he rarely wrote anything as evocative as "Deserted Cities of the Heart" or "White Room" or "Sunshine of Your Love" (admittedly Clapton co-wrote the last of these) or the list goes on. And Bruce's bass playing is sorely underrated these days; he frequently gets overlooked in the focus on Clapton and Ginger Baker's admittedly virtuoso drumming.

He will be missed.

Top Bottom