• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Don Shula, Hall of Fame coach of the Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins, at age 90.

Shula led the Colts to Super Bowl III (where they lost in a major upset to the New York Jets), and the Dolphins to 5 Super Bowl appearances, winning 2 of them (Super Bowls VII and VIII). Shula's 72 Dolphins in particular have the notable distinction of being the only perfect season in NFL history (17-0, including the playoffs), and his 347 wins as a head coach is an NFL record that still stands today.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Ezio Bozzo, italian musician, died with only 48 years due to his neuro-degenerative disease.

I've never seen someone conducting an orchestra like he did, the way he expressed himself was so emotional... RIP.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
AIDS activist and playwright Larry Kramer, age 84, pneumonia.

Larry Kramer was one of the first activists against AIDS, back when the disease didn't even have a name. In the early 1980s, Kramer witnessed hundreds, then thousands of gay men die before the government took action to stop the spread of HIV. He became a high-profile, high-volume, one-man crusade against the disease.

Kramer died Wednesday morning of pneumonia in Manhattan, Will Schwalbe, his friend and literary executor, told NPR. He was 84.

Kramer was one of the great provocateurs of the late 20th century (and below you'll see he wasn't shy about using language that might shock or offend). In the 1990 documentary Positive, he told a group of gay men, "I am going to go out screaming so f****** rudely that you will hear this coarse, crude voice of mine in your nightmares! You are going to die, and you are going to die very, very soon unless you get up off your f****** tushies and fight back!"

Kramer wasn't always what his friends called a "message queen." In the 1970s, he was an up-and-coming writer with an Oscar-nominated screenplay for his film adaptation of the D.H. Lawrence novel Women in Love. In 1992, he told NPR's Fresh Air, "I was in the film industry. I was on my way to making a great deal of money; I was not a gay man first by any manner of means until I became involved in fighting AIDS, and because someone close to me died. And suddenly I was no longer the white man from Yale, I was a faggot without a name."

Here’s Dr Fauci, via Wikipedia:

Immunologist Anthony Fauci states "ACT UP put medical treatment in the hands of the patients. And that is the way it ought to be ... There is no question in my mind that Larry helped change medicine in this country. And he helped change it for the better. In American medicine there are two eras. Before Larry and after Larry."

Kramer’s activism led to genuinely real, positive change in how government institutions dealt with a disease that far too many of them monumentally failed to deal properly with (hey, sounds familiar…), and he made a massive positive impact in the lives of untold numbers of patients not just in the U.S. but around the world. He was a goddamn American hero in an era that has far too few of them left. R.I.P.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Joe Bugel, NFL coach, at 80.

While he served as head coach of the Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals and the Oakland Raiders in the 90s, Bugel is most notable as the offensive line coach of the Washington Redskins in the 80s and again from 2004-2009. It was during his first stint with Washington that he became the architect of the Redskins offensive line nicknamed the Hogs, one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history.

Top Bottom