• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Nooooooooooooooooooo this makes me incredibly sad.

And now her watch has ended.

ELmK.gif

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Animal’s death is a real shock, seen numerous interviews with him over the last couple of weeks over on Sportskeeda on a variety of wrestling topics.

Sayers was the Barry Sanders of his day, such a shame his career was cut short by a knee injury.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Unfortunately, given the way wrestlers from the 80s and 90s have died over the last few decades, I am not completely shocked to hear of Animal's passing, but it is still tragic nonetheless. Among the biggest factors in the premature deaths of wrestlers from this particular timeframe includes a drug culture that was prevalent in the business during that time, most notably anabolic steroids (which actually got WWE in hot water on two occasions, and even ended up in Federal court on criminal charges the first time). Although his cause of death has yet to be determined or disclosed, Road Warrior Animal, like his late tag team partner, was an admitted steroid user of that era, and past steroid use from that era may be a contributing factor here, especially if it turns out to be something like an enlarged heart.

As for Gale Sayers, he could've easily gotten in the 10,000 yard club if the surgical techniques of today existed in the 60s. To illustrate this point, Adrian Peterson tore his ACL (one of the same injuries that shortened Sayers's career) towards the end of the 2011 season and rushed for 2000 yards the very next season.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Last edited:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I’m a little late to the party, but hearing of Van Halen’s passing brought me a level of surprise I haven’t felt in the music world since David Bowie died. It’s tragic, and it’s always odd when someone that seems like a “legendary pillar” dies. It feels like they’re gonna be around forever in some ways.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Absolute legend. 90 is a decent age, but still a huge loss and will be sorely missed.

The only movie I really liked Sean Connery in was the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen where he played as Alan Quartermain. I was shocked when I heard the news this morning, but at least he's in a better place now. R.I.P, Sir Sean Connery. You will be dearly missed.

Top Bottom