• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
The only movie I really liked Sean Connery in was the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen where he played as Alan Quartermain. I was shocked when I heard the news this morning, but at least he's in a better place now. R.I.P, Sir Sean Connery. You will be dearly missed.
That movie made him quit acting I hear.

Reactions: Wol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
One can only hope he amended such slappingly bad perspectives of conflict resolution with women partners later on in life. However, I don't think that makes him unworthy of grief or memorial. Humans can be shitty without it defining them by their shitty takes or actions.

I mean... He thankfully didn't turn into a raving monster like James Woods. :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think a lot of people today are forgetting that Good Actor =/= Good Person

I posted a Facebook status essentially saying that I was glad this proud wife beater’s barbaric mindset is literally dying out, then I deleted it because he was a real person with a real family. But... no, actually. He never repented, and do you know who‘s just as real as him? All the men who took his attitude as permission to abuse women. And the battered women he left behind.

If you wanna be famous, your shitty actions are gonna make strangers real happy that you died. That’s part of fame. So I guess yeah, fuck that guy.

On that note, James Bond is also gross and the fact that Sean Connery was “the best” Bond just illustrates how intrinsically squicky and barbaric and toxic that douchebag is. The romanticization of pussy-grabbing drunk machismo Gentlemen is going the way of the dodo and I’m glad.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
People can be sad, but I'm seeing a lot of immortalizing/glorifying, which is very annoying. He wasn't a very good guy.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
A person doesn't need to have been good for me to admire their work. And conversely, admiring someone's work does not necessarily make me admire them as people either. John Lennon was a wife-beater too, but I can acknowledge his songwriting talents and lament their loss without actually wanting to emulate his life.

But I'm also not posting breathless eulogies for famous people on my social media accounts so :mon:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Damn, the MVP of the Super Bowl during the only truly perfect NFL season. It's near impossible to top that.
This has already been a tragic year for the 72 Dolphins. Earlier this year, we lost Don Shula and Jim Kiick.

I also forgot to mention that Jake Scott's number is retired by the Dolphins, but for another player altogether; Dan Marino. Additionally, Scott's number is exclusively worn by quarterbacks, kickers, punters, and wide receivers, while his position group is now restricted to wearing numbers 20-49.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Pat Patterson, WWE wrestler and inaugural WWE Intercontinental Champion, has lost his battle with cancer at age 79.

In addition to being the first to hold one of the most prominent secondary championships in the history of pro wrestling, Patterson's association with WWE continued post-retirement, and this included booking, the creation of the Royal Rumble, refereeing the Main Events of WrestleManias I and XI, being a right-hand man to Vince McMahon, and the "Stooge" gimmick during the Attitude Era. He was also involved in planning one of the most controversial finishes of all time, the Montreal Screwjob.

Last edited:
Top Bottom