CCFFVII Reunion - Zack humiliating Minerva (No Hit / Hard / Lvl 6)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Gill toss is a brilliant way to stop her from being able to use the Judgement Arrow. I wasn't sure how you'd manage to deal damage fast enough to take that down properly. Also, using Curse as a way to stop yourself from gaining levels is pretty brilliant. Glad I wasn't the only one who was incentivized to hit 61% Mission Completion and take down Minerva before ever leaving the church, but you've got far more of a hardcore approach in the execution. Well played!!

X :neo:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Ah interesting. I did not know Gil Toss was so powerful, everyone only talks about the punch materia.

In the original Crisis Core, if you got to Minerva before the one year time skip, Zack would still rock up to the fight with the Buster Sword and slicked back hair + scar. No longer the case here.

I'd know because back then, I also got 100% mission completion before leaving the church. Best music imo :monster:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just for context, 61% is 100% of the available missions at the start of Chapter 4, so it looks like we're all a fairly familiarly motivated bunch. :awesomonster:

I think if I had to give tactical advice for the Minerva fight in CCR, Gil Toss would now definitely be one of the materia I'd include JUST for hitting her at 7,000,000 & 3,000,000 HP when she goes to use Judgement Arrow, to avoid having to deal with that entirely. Even if you don't have the crazy amount of cash to be able to wreck her from a fairly safe distance the entire fight, the speed of that damage is pretty much unparalleled.

(With my standard Chapter 04 Minerva run at Level 56 with Magical Punch, I had an EXTREMELY small window of time to just be able to drop her to 50% and make sure that she only did 37,500 Damage with Judgement Arrow, which I was capable of surviving).

Another misc tip if you're doing a run that's using the DMW is that Limit Breaks & Summons can be used as ability interrupts. It's helpful for cancelling her cast of Crimson Flare, but it's especially useful in her final phase, as IF you get KO'd too close to her, she can attack with Flash Slash when you revive and kill you before you can use a Phoenix Down – but upon revival you can trigger a Summon or Limit Break JUST BARELY faster than she attacks, so it'll save you having to redo the run from the start (something I did a number of times).

I do have to say though, with this exceptionally elegant run that @Phantasm did, it definitely makes Bruno's stealing your wallet and follow-up commentary about Zack having less cash than he does monumentally more hilarious.

X :neo:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Always having a limit or summon saved, just so you can reset her before she casts Judgement Arrow, and deal with it without Crimson Flares screwing you over was key to my strategy. That and Libra, so you know exactly when it's gonna happen.
Otherwise, I just played slow and steady. Careful to not ever close in when she uses Flash Slash. Memorize her combos. Which change up at 60 million and 25 million, and punish those openings. She speeds up at 11 million, which makes her hard to hit if you haven't memorized the openings.

Top Bottom