• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Champions (2016) [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Not to be confused with the "Contest of" comic.

oi1psl9csx76tmqgpjjd.PNG

So it looks like our team of young, ex-Avengers:

• Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
• Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
• Nova (Sam Alexander)

Recruited other varied representation:

• The Totally Awesome Hulk (Amadeus Cho)
• Cyclops (Young!Scott Summers)
• Viv Vision

To form up a new group of sorts. While I do genuinely enjoy everyone on the team (knowing least about Viv, and then Sam, but being very up with the rest of them), I'm mega stoked to have this team assembled, especially because the writers seem to ACTUALLY LIKE CYCLOPS, which is what I've been really missing.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/05/marvel-champions

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
To form up a new group of sorts. While I do genuinely enjoy everyone on the team (knowing least about Viv, and then Sam, but being very up with the rest of them), I'm mega stoked to have this team assembled, especially because the writers seem to ACTUALLY LIKE CYCLOPS, which is what I've been really missing.

But explaining his presence is gonna require more hating on adult Cyclops and Beast, at this point I'm more then ready to sweep it under the rug Onslaught-style.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It has potential. It's basically a new New Warriors, just with the old Champions title (which does seem a fitting name given the mission statement of the group).

And written by the ever-excellent Mark Waid, I'm sure it will be a delight to those who pick it up.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
But explaining his presence is gonna require more hating on adult Cyclops and Beast, at this point I'm more then ready to sweep it under the rug Onslaught-style.

Maybe? All-New X-Men has been the only title so far that's shown that it's sort of polarized the larger Mutant community (even if the pro-Cyclops people are more short-sighted fanatics). At the very least, I'd like a comic to have some form of dialogue about it insofar as the world setting is concerned. (Plus that title is more focused on Apocalypse's history in a similar light at the moment)

Additionally, I'm fairly sure that things with Beast are said and done as of ANAD. He's been chilling full time with the Inhumans.

It has potential. It's basically a new New Warriors, just with the old Champions title (which does seem a fitting name given the mission statement of the group).

And written by the ever-excellent Mark Waid, I'm sure it will be a delight to those who pick it up.

This is why it gives me great hope that it'll help fill the hole for the comic(s) I've been angsting for.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The assembly of the main team was spectacular. Love the art, love the tone, love the team, love their message. The whole thing's goddamn brilliant, and I'm interested in seeing how this all goes down with Young!Cyclops next issue. This comic is everything I wanted and more.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Good continuation of the arc & intro to Young!Cyclops and the team. Their banter is really good for them being kids and feels martial not I'm excited for them to find purpose and get out there doing it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Still digging Champions, and it's managed to be one of my favourite comics, because it lets ałl its members shine really well.

Top Bottom