• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Character Battle: Group 3

Who is your favourite out of the following characters?

• Vivi

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Laguna

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Firion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuna

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Aerith

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
JuTOX.jpg

We're into group 3 of the Final Fantasy character battle. This group contains the "strongest" characters from pots D, E and F, based on the number of votes they each got, so an upset looks possible. Five of the six characters come from three consecutive games: VIII, IX and X.

Vivi (Final Fantasy IX)
Votes in qualifying stage: 14
Rank within game: 1
Rank overall: 2

Laguna (Final Fantasy VIII)
Votes in qualifying stage: 9
Rank overall: 11

Firion (Final Fantasy II)
Votes in qualifying stage: 4
Rank overall: 27

Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Votes in qualifying stage: 11
Rank within game: 2
Rank overall: 4

Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)
Votes in qualifying stage: 9
Rank within game: 2
Rank overall: 11

Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)
Votes in qualifying stage: 7
Rank within game: 3
Rank overall: 25
Nominations: 7

The two characters to receive the most votes will qualify for the quarter-finals. Who is your favourite, and why?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Aerith is just an inch ahead of the packed. But everyone in this poll fell in about the same likability grade for me.

Ghost X

Using my normal formula, I probably would've voted for Aerith. She only appears for what, a third of the game, and manages to make a huge impact, and features in arguably the best FF scene ever. However, I voted for Vivi. Perhaps out of guilt that I forgot all about him in the minor rounds, and he's pretty awesome.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If Vivi doesn't advance to the next round, there's something seriously wrong with you all.

Though yeah, it's pretty annoying how many great characters there were in this group.

Splintered

unsavory tart
There are some fantastic good there, but there's nothing I don't love about Vivi. He's one of my favorite characters of all time, adorable, well written, tragic, all that great stuff.

tumblr_lqocuihkPF1qcruqvo1_500.jpg

Rapunzel

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jibrille
Have to go with Aerith. She's one of my favorite female characters ever.

I like all the characters in this round, though, so whoever advances is okay, but I hope it's Aerith.^^

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
love aerith but gotta go with vivi on this one

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Aerith and it's not even close. Because she's an icon, and a landmark, and a powerful teammate, and a well-written character, and stands out on arguably the most stacked FF cast.

Also, to make the upcoming brackets less lopsided. There are very few Cloud-killers on the roster and Vivi ain't one of them.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
tough choice between vivi, zidane, and aerith. i will have to need as much time as i need and if push comes to shove, i might even resort to a die. but whatever's the result in this poll, i'm sure i'll be very satisfied.

p.s.
VIVI IS ALIVE! DON'T BELIEVE ONDORE'S LIES!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Couldn't decide, at all. Rolled some dice to make the decision. Dice told me to tie the vote between Aerith and Vivi by giving the little guy his sixth vote.

Us Black Mages gotta stick together ya know :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Y U PUT YUNA, ZIDANE, VIVI, AND LAGUNA ALL ON THE SAME POLL? >8U

anyway I am the lonely one voter that voted for Zidane. I love everything about that dude.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I love all the characters, but not sure whether to vote for Yuna or Aerith. Leaning toward Aerith, but I'm not gonna vote yet until I'm sure. D:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Y U PUT YUNA, ZIDANE, VIVI, AND LAGUNA ALL ON THE SAME POLL? >8U

Not sure if serious, but I'll say this again just in case: the draw was completely automated and I had no influence whatsoever on which characters were put into which groups :)

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Okay so I finally decided on who to vote. I'm going for Zidane.

I love Vivi and Aerith too, but I want to pick someone who has the capacity to defeat Cloud in future polls so I had to remove Aerith from my list since she didn't beat him in the FFVII polls. Figured that choosing a non-FFVII character to oppose Cloud would make things better and a lot more interesting so my choices narrowed down to Vivi and Zidane.

I dunno but, I think between Vivi and Zidane, Zidane is more likely to be a better opposition against Cloud than Vivi since their characters are so unalike yet they are both the heroes of their own titles. Additionally, Zidane is a refreshing character and I think making him win this round would spice things a little. Hope he'll qualify this round. /fingers crossed

BUT TRUTH BE TOLD, THIS IS ONE HELL OF A DIFFICULT POLL (SAME WITH THE FFIX CHARACTER POLL).

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Okay so I finally decided on who to vote. I'm going for Zidane.

I love Vivi and Aerith too, but I want to pick someone who has the capacity to defeat Cloud in future polls so I had to remove Aerith from my list since she didn't beat him in the FFVII polls. Figured that choosing a non-FFVII character to oppose Cloud would make things better and a lot more interesting so my choices narrowed down to Vivi and Zidane.

True, but Aerith wasn't just competing against Cloud, she lost votes to Tifa as well. Take either girl out of the bracket and the other stands a much better chance.

Not that I'm criticizing your vote of course, Zidane is a great character.

It's only gonna get harder folks! :aah:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
True, but Aerith wasn't just competing against Cloud, she lost votes to Tifa as well. Take either girl out of the bracket and the other stands a much better chance.

Not that I'm criticizing your vote of course, Zidane is a great character.

It's only gonna get harder folks! :aah:

Well true. I did take that to consideration and she does have a chance against Cloud. Actually, looking at the next group, Tifa seems to be pitted against formidable foes (another hard poll, i bet). She'll have a hard time passing the round and I'm having doubts if she can qualify, tbh. And if that happens and Aerith happens to pass this round, then yes, Aerith would give Cloud a run for his money. But looking at the poll results, she doesn't seem to need my vote so her standing's pretty safe.

Now it's either Vivi or Zidane. While Vivi is a personal favorite of mine, I don't think he is a Cloud-killer (as you put it). I think Zidane is a more interesting match up against Cloud so I gave him my vote. Plus, it's nice to include a title hero in the next poll that includes Cloud. I don't seem to remember a title hero to pass the rounds (save for Cloud, of course).

But whatever's the result, I'm sure I won't have nothing against it. The second winner for this poll could either be Vivi or Zidane, I'm fine with it.

edit: lol I forgot Cloud was already up against two title heroes in the first poll (Cecil and Squall). But meh, I think Zidane's more interesting.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
As you guys are beginning to discuss tactical voting, this would be a good time to explain how the quarter-finals are going to work.

Each group winner will play a runner-up from another group. The winner with the most votes will go head-to-head with the runner-up who got the fewest votes, and so on, so even if the character you want to vote for is already winning, your vote could help them get an easier quarter-final - not that there will be many easy quarter-finals, as everyone keeps saying how hard the groups are!

Top Bottom