Character Battle SF1: Cloud vs Vivi

Which of these characters do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I updated the count (woo, vB optimizations), are they about right now? It was a manual update, so I might be wrong :monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
...I voted for Vivi. IT KILLS ME BUT GODDAMN IT I DID IT. I genuinely love both of them. Cloud, your let's moseying ways were amazing but. The crap they've done to you in AC and the other shitty sequels is just simply unforgivable.

He will always be legendary in FF7 but...it would be nice to see someone else win for a change. And who better than our favorite little tragic black mage? ;O; Cloud is losing to a great character so it isn't too bad.

FUCK. This was probably the toughest one yet. I'm gonna leave this thread before I start second guessing myself.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Vivi.

Cloud was ruined by the Compilation. He stopped being fallible and dorky and was turned into a goddamn caricature of himself.

Tiebreaker swoop.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I thought Alex was the tiebreaker vote but he's not showing up.

Is this some Diebold chad-hanging rigged up muthafucka of a poll?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I just wanted to keep you all in suspense for a bit longer.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Vote for Vivi, one can never go wrong with that.

And if it happens that this turns out a tie in the end

FLINT, YOU BETTER CHOOSE VIVI OR DIE!

penandpaper

Pro Adventurer
At some point this thread went from being fun to being annoying. I am dissapointed.

Yeah, I agree.

I'll honestly be happy no matter which character wins as they're both really great and I didn't mind the "encourage Vivi stuff" when it began, but I feel like it's starting to drag now. Those are just my thoughts though.

Bah, I'll be quiet now before I get people annoyed at me. Sorry.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
oh my god.

Emotional Blackmail over this bullshit? REALLY?

That's some severe overreaction to some harmless dicking around. Honestly.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
tumblr_lwxbe3tLfR1qb10wfo2_250.gif

tumblr_lwxbe3tLfR1qb10wfo3_250.gif

tumblr_lwxbe3tLfR1qb10wfo4_250.gif

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
This thread wasn't annoying at all until about 7 posts ago.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Wow, seriously?

I don't see any emotional blackmail in here. Everything's just about fun and games.

Flint better choose Vivi now. :awesome:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
oh my god.

Emotional Blackmail over this bullshit? REALLY?

That's some severe overreaction to some harmless dicking around. Honestly.

Saying something is annoying is a severe ovverration? Seirously?

EDIT: @Master Bates I don't mean seirous blackmail fr fucks sake, but you should eaisly be able to tell the sort of post I'm talking about

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Saying something is annoying is a severe ovverration? Seirously?

EDIT: @Master Bates I don't mean seirous blackmail fr fucks sake, but you should eaisly be able to tell the sort of post I'm talking about

Yeah, you are overreacting.

penandpaper

Pro Adventurer
It wasn't even about that as far as I'm concerned. I've really been enjoying these threads because I've been able to read about why people like the characters that they do and, in rarer cases, why they don't like other characters. That was interesting! These threads have spurred some nice discussions too. This though... is much less interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it's a joke and it was all amusing at first, but now it's crossed a line from being amusing to annoying, at least for me. I'm aware that my opinion means nothing, so I don't doubt that this post will accomplish nothing, but I did want to explain why it was annoying me. I've gone from being excited to read yet another person's thoughtful opinion on the characters to seriously considering giving up on the thread until the voting ends. That's sad though because I was really enjoying it for a time, but I'm not personally finding this joke funny anymore so it might be for the best.

Anyway, now that you all hate me, I will leave you be. I apologize if I've offended anyone.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Yeah, you are overreacting.

How? I just said I found the thread annoying. I don't understand how thats oan overeaction.

I mean, I'd get where you're coming from if I came in started yelling at people and telling them to stop posting how they wanted to or some such. But I din't. I expressed an opinion. No more, no less.

Top Bottom