Chocobo Breeding help! Please!

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Okay, I need serious help!

I have a male and female great chocobos Class A and B, but I can't get their speed up! They have max intelligence and around 400 something stamina each. The problem is I can't get their speed up. I have tried every green and it only will continue to raise stamina and not speed! It really sucks I need their speed to increase to win the races. What did I do wrong!?

Maybe I fed them to much? I spend over 300,000 Gil already on these two. Anyone know?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think the're is a max that each chocobo can reach, no matter how many greens you give them. The best thing you can do is breed them and then hopefully the chicobo will be better than his parents.

Are you just doing this for racing purposes or are you trying to breed a Gold one?

Have you bought the super-expensive greens from the Chocobo Sage? Those are the ones you need. Also there is a trick or glitch you can exploit when racing which means their stamina never goes down, or only very slowly. Do you know it? I could reliably beat the not-so-Invincible Teioh this way.

Fangu

Great Old One
You can't overfeed them, so I think you've just reached their natural limit. I guess these are yellow chocobos? You need to breed ones with different colors to get chocobos with higher speed.

Splintered

unsavory tart
spend over 300,000 Gil already on these two
NGL, After my first or second time playing, I exploited the hell out of the W-item glitch to replicate greens. I don't have the damn patience anymore.

Buy from the Chocobo Sage, I think all three raise speed.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Have you bought the super-expensive greens from the Chocobo Sage? Those are the ones you need. Also there is a trick or glitch you can exploit when racing which means their stamina never goes down, or only very slowly. Do you know it? I could reliably beat the not-so-Invincible Teioh this way.

Yes, the only greens I used was the Super expensive ones. And the trick I think your speaking of is holding down R1,R2,L1,L2 all together? If not, then no I don't know it.

I don't know how to quote more than person but Octo, Yes i am trying to get the gold chocobo! My chocobos speed only went to 88 at the highest. So i cant get them past class B! I also sold my steal materia so I can't steal the nut i need to breed them, I haven't found a place that sells steal yet, if anyone knows where please let me know!

Splintered

unsavory tart

Yes, the only greens I used was the Super expensive ones. And the trick I think your speaking of is holding down R1,R2,L1,L2 all together? If not, then no I don't know it.

I don't know how to quote more than person but Octo, Yes i am trying to get the gold chocobo! My chocobos speed only went to 88 at the highest. So i cant get them past class B! I also sold my steal materia so I can't steal the nut i need to breed them, I haven't found a place that sells steal yet, if anyone knows where please let me know!
If it's a yellow chocobo, that might be its natural limit.

Pretty sure there is no place that sells steal but don't quote me on that. There is a materia, however, that is a "steal as well" iirc.

Fangu

Great Old One
Definitely try to get more of those breeding nuts. I'm not sure if you can buy them anywhere, so you might have to get that Steal materia.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think the shop in kalm sells steal materia.

According to this guide here http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/ff7/chocobos.shtml you don't have to have an S class chocobo to get a coloured one (I'm assuming youre after green or blue here?) Its just that your chances of getting a coloured one increase.

So technically you can save and then breed and keep resetting until you get the result you want.

According to this guide there needs to be a certain number of combined wins between the chocobos: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/58077

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
I think the shop in kalm sells steal materia.

According to this guide here http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/ff7/chocobos.shtml you don't have to have an S class chocobo to get a coloured one (I'm assuming youre after green or blue here?) Its just that your chances of getting a coloured one increase.

So technically you can save and then breed and keep resetting until you get the result you want.

According to this guide there needs to be a certain number of combined wins between the chocobos: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/58077

Yes, I found it in kalm! I'm trying to get both blue and green chocobos.

I didn't realize that yellow chocobo can have such low speed because in Class A everyone is in the 100 speeds and one of my chocobos who is class A is speed 88 same for all the others. So i can't lvl them up to S. I can't beat that guy with the black chocobo either. My class B chocobo is 90 something and he's like 110 so I can't lvl her up to A because he is always in my race. All 4 times i retried it. He just wouldnt go away. Ohh well im off to try and breed then.

Chocobo breeding. My favourite hobby. Mostly due to the fact that I have never been able to defeat Ruby Weapon... or is it Emerald Weapon?

Fangu

Great Old One
I liked the breeding and racing, I could do that for hours. Never got the hang of the underwater game in FFX, though. My boyfriend says it's because chocobos are sort of like ponies. I agree <3

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Does anyone know how they got their blue chocobo. I keep reading you need to breed a Good female chocobo with a Great male chocobo. That's what I am doing but I keep on getting green when they mate. And I already have a green chocobo. I've restarted the game about 10 times already and same result. They are both Class A chocobos. Any Ideas?

Fangu

Great Old One
I can't remember exactly, but I did use an online guide. And when I couldn't get the right color (or sex), I either reset the game like you're doing, or I tried feeding one of them more greens, and that usually changed the outcome.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
You could try racing your Great chocobo to S-level?

I've tried that, there just to low in speed to win, and their speed is maxed out! Ill try what fangu said and feeding them more, the only thing i can upgrade more is the stamina. And they each have about 400-500 already.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Omg finally!! Got a blue one! After hours of trying!! Yes! I named him Miracle. Because that what he is. I almost gave up!

Top Bottom