Chronological Trailer Cuts

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I felt the urge to create chronological cuts of trailers and scenes of the FFVII Remake in between working on the second part of my State of Play trailer analysis.

Enjoy!

PSX 2015 trailer:

State of Play trailer:

All scenes (PSX/SoP):

Symphonic Reunion trailer:

All scenes up to and including E3 2019:

Edit: Uploaded and linked the correct video. The previous one was an old render. Shame on me!

Edit 2: Had to upload the second video as well due to an error near the end. Shame on me twice!

Edit 3: Added 2 more ;)

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I have a folder where I’ve been numbering and renumbering screenshots. The final game will look very different, of course, and that makes this even MORE of an interesting thing.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Nice trailer cut!
Though I'm afraid there are several scenes out of order. You'll see when I publish my 3rd trailer cut containing all PSX and State of Play trailer scenes (I omitted scenes from the reveal teaser on purpose).

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I think you are correct. In the many discussions I've been involved with since the teaser initially dropped (as well as, to be ass-kissy, your analysis video), I've come to see a few scenes as being in different places.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
3:16 - 3:55 I figure likely occur at some other sequence entirely. Reason being is that Max specifically mentioned that even in the full bombing Run demo (up to the end of the Guard Scorpion fight), you only see the Sweepers in the introductory animation with Jessie explaining how the combat occasionally requires you to swap characters and save other party members. That location specifically looks like a Sweeper Repair / construction facility, so I'm hypothesizing that it's gonna be somewhere new that happens elsewhere, but also before you start to fight the augmented versions of them that we see at 12:03.

This is still very much in line with the OG though, so I don't think it's worth fussing over or re-editing. Just wanted to point it out. :monster:

X :neo:

I only observed just now that Cloud, Tifa and Barret all have the grappling hooks(?) on their backs in the fight against Air Buster. It's nice with this chronological video that we are better able to narrow down the window for when the grappling hooks appear in the continuity.

I reckon we'll see Cloud using one of these as he falls down to the Sector 5 church.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Where exactly is that bit where he's being pushed into the railing by wind? That's the one area I haven't been able to place.

Reactions: Ite

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I have a hunch that Jessie giving Cloud the materia AND the motorcycles fight segments are also misplaced - I think Jessie gives him the materia after this fight, however if you look at the portion around 9'20" and until Jessie gives Cloud the materia, the Buster sword isn't slotted with it. However, it is clearly slotted before when he fights the scorpion boss, as well as right after with Barret and the others speaking. So I think this segment is odd - it looks like Jessie would give him the materia before the reactor mission BUT after the motorcycle race. Especially since the Buster sword isn't slotted there either.

There's a whole section of Cloud alone or with Barret fighting grunts that should be put at the beginning: Buster sword isn't slotted and narratively, it doesn't make sense? In this segment too, Cloud runs away and ends up on the train we see him arriving on at the beginning of the trailer.

I also think that the fight where we see Aerith cast a spell might be right after Don Corneo, if you look at the party she's with Cloud and Tifa so it looks misplaced to me. It should be put before Cloud tells Aerith to leave, IMHO.

So in short, I think they have shown us a lot of stuff that we'll get at the beginning of the game, even before the first reactor is taken down. That can be tracked down with the Buster sword and how it is slotted.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@X-SOLDIER That's true, though I wouldn't know where else that Sweeper area would be, since only Barret and Cloud are in the party and their HP are also at normal reactor no. 1 values. I doubt we're going on another mission before meeting Tifa or go without her afterwards. Maybe they also cut that Sweeper part out of that secret demo to save that for a future showcase?

Either way, I'm certainly not editing that, as you suggested i shouldn't ^^

@Shademp Nice catch. I'm unfortunately not at that scene yet with my analysis, so I haven't seen that yet. But it makes sense, since that Cutter Machine scene in the State of Play trailer also (presumably) takes place in the reactor no. 5 and this detail with the hooks on their butts 99% confirms that theory.

Also, using it to slow the fall into Aerith's church makes a lot of sense. I was asking myself how they would get away with a 50 or even 100 meter non-lethal free fall, again.

@ForceStealer Most likely between the sector 4 subway tunnels and the plate service area. Shortly before (or after?) this part here:
4SBWY_5a.png

You can see more walkways to the left as well as seemingly bottomless pit. This looks like the bottom of the upper plate.

@Eerie
  • Aerith using Healing Wind is definitely in the Train Graveyard for 2 reasons: we can see several train cars standing around in the background and they're currently fighting a Deenglow which is an enemy encountered in the Train Graveyard after the Sewers.
  • Don't let the Materia slots in the Buster Sword confuse you. Many scenes are taken from different playthroughs, debug sessions and game builds so those cannot be taken as a reference. Additionally, The player doesn't have to equip the Materia Jessie gives to Cloud. The area Cloud is running through after that Jessie scene is but a few meters away to the right and clearly depicts the immediate area outside of the blown up reactor, hence the chaos. I think she's waiting for Cloud there just after they all split up (after Barret's speech) to thank him for saving her life (she gets her leg stuck during their escape and Cloud helps her get away). The Bike Chase sequence also takes place much later as that whole chain of events until they return to the 7th heaven doesn't have room for this minigame, neither in terms of physical space nor narrative and gameplay pacing. I'm theorizing it to be a part of a completely new mission Cloud undertakes with only Biggs, Wedge and Jessie (as Barret and Tifa are nowhere to be seen).
  • Those fight scenes take place on the Fountain Plaza south of the Loveless corner. The original didn't have any battles there, so the PSX 2015 trailer contained probably mock-up fights to showcase Cloud's and Barret's combat. (or they actually planned to add fights there, though Barret shouldn't be there at all. Hence my suggestion of those scenes being mock-up only).
  • Cloud has only 1 green Materia slotted in most scenes, but sometimes also 2 in the same areas. It's completely inconclusive and as mentioned before should not be considered a reference point for a timeline. He also has the Buster Sword equipped after the Air Buster fight where he dons the Hardedge.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Don't let the Materia slots in the Buster Sword confuse you. Many scenes are taken from different playthroughs, debug sessions and game builds so those cannot be taken as a reference. Additionally, The player doesn't have to equip the Materia Jessie gives to Cloud. The area Cloud is running through after that Jessie scene is but a few meters away to the right and clearly depicts the immediate area outside of the blown up reactor, hence the chaos. I think she's waiting for Cloud there just after they all split up (after Barret's speech) to thank him for saving her life (she gets her leg stuck during their escape and Cloud helps her get away). The Bike Chase sequence also takes place much later as that whole chain of events until they return to the 7th heaven doesn't have room for this minigame, neither in terms of physical space nor narrative and gameplay pacing. I'm theorizing it to be a part of a completely new mission Cloud undertakes with only Biggs, Wedge and Jessie (as Barret and Tifa are nowhere to be seen).

Yeah I've been wondering about the materia slots, so it's fair game :D I've seen the rubles also, but maybe have been misdirect by a comment that wondered if we'd still save Jessie the same way. I thought that if she is on the motorcycle with Cloud, it could come from here (the scene where she thanks him for saving her). But you're right about the chaos, I've wondered a fair bit about this too. I agree it will be a complete new mission too (the bike mini scene).

For Aerith my bad, I mixed her scenes (I think it's because I kept going back and rewatch x__x). And I missed the thing about the mocked up scenes, I kept thinking about how the 2015 scenes maybe shouldn't be added too because I'm doubtful if they will use them in the end? Just like you do I lean on the "no" I guess.

I wonder just how much we'll run around, if there are ways of getting materia that are optionals and that'd be why we sometimes see the Buster with two materias and sometimes only one.

And I just noticed I forgot to thank you! Because that sure is hard work :) So thanks a lot :)

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
And I missed the thing about the mocked up scenes, I kept thinking about how the 2015 scenes maybe shouldn't be added too because I'm doubtful if they will use them in the end? Just like you do I lean on the "no" I guess.
That's something I was thinking about after uploading the video. Those battle scenes on the Fountain Plaza will most likely be gone in the final product. I also omitted the Scorpion Sentinel (I still hat a hard time to accustom myself to its new name :/ ) scenes from the PSX 2015 trailer for that exact reason and because we did get a newer version of that scene. There's nothing new from the Fountain Plaza, so I included it. I don't know, maybe I should have omitted them as well. But what's done is done (*read it in Cloud's voice*).

And I just noticed I forgot to thank you! Because that sure is hard work :) So thanks a lot :)
No, thank you! I appreciate you taking your time to watch and comment on the video :)

Top Bottom