Cloud's strength

Aki

he are sick
Ok we have seen now that Cloud is extreamly powerful. But what I don't understand is why?

Yes I know he was experimented on with Mako and Jenova cells making him sort of a SOLDIER. But he never made it into SOLDIER in the first place which pretty much says back then his abilities were pathetic.

He never received any special training like a member of SOLDIER would. We see Zack as a 2nd take out pretty much the whole Wutai defencive line on his own.

Cloud only see's Zack fight a few times, and suddenly he's become a fighter on the level of a 1st class Soldier?

If this was the case he had this ability, surly it would have been seen before when he failed to get into SOLDIER.

In the Shinra building you encounter SOLDIERS, surly they would of destoyed the team. From what we see of Zacks ability as a 2nd, the others cant be that far behind Zack.

So why is Cloud suddenly so strong, just because of the Mako/Jenova. Or because with his fragile mind, when he creates his new persona he just believes he was a 1st class so much he has like a placibo effect on himself into believing he is so strong meaning he has no fear against his apponants increasing his skill level in these battles?

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Roidz, Laitent natural talent? I swear Hojo saying somthing about him being the only clone who wasn't a failure, so maybe he was more of a secess than the actuall one that resembles sephiroth even. And as you see in the film he only really ever gets good when he gets passionate about a fight. He kept getting his arse handed to him untill he felt like he had reason to win.

Its been a while since I played the game last but there my guesses, but then I don't over obsess on these things.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
It's a Final Fantasy game, all the protagonists are ridiculously strong for inexplicable reasons.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
idk about everyone else in the party but Barret's so ridiculously more muscular than anyone else because he obviously spends all his time masturbating with one arm. Terrorism makes him hard

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
idk about everyone else in the party but Barret's so ridiculously more muscular than anyone else because he obviously spends all his time masturbating with one arm. Terrorism makes him hard

Well he can't really masturbate with the other can he.
Point stands.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It's just a wonder why his wanking arm isn't so much more muscular than his other one. It's truly baffling. Maybe he exclusively used the previous one before he lost his hand?

This question is truly much more important than whether or not Cid is an atheist.

Isabella

Your Mom
But he never made it into SOLDIER in the first place which pretty much says back then his abilities were pathetic.
Nah, he's described as having innate talent with a sword. He didn't get into SOLDIER because of his lack of mental strength, not lack of physical skill.

And he picked up a lot of skills from absorbing Zack's mojo.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He only picked up Zack's limit break skill "Meteor Shots" really. :monster:

And no, Cloud's abilities were not pathetic. In Before Crisis, when Cloud's back was to the wall fighting AVALANCHE's Raven unit, which were on par with SOLDIER, he was capable of taking some on his own by cutting them in half. And he had never even picken up a sword before. He had innate talent with a sword that was well beyond the level of a grunt. So saying his abilities were pathetic is pretty wrong.

Aki

he are sick
Well I never played BC. But pathetic was proberly the a bad choice of wording.

But to be able to go from not much experience with a sword, to being able to weild the Buster is a huge step.

Its just a bit strange how he was only a shinra grunt, not even a Red captain (the ones who wear stone cutters off the simpsons robes lol). He just sort of goes from nothing to been the hardest guy on the planet pretty quickly

Smaddy

Green Mage
There's also the point that Cloud
killed Sephiroth in the Nibleheim Reactor
, right? Which would require some sort of strength or battle-readiness (ex: knowing your surroundings, knowing how to get out of a bad situation, etc). Maybe his Mako treatment didn't kick in until later?

I didn't like how amazingly powerful he became in AC. I know suspension of disbelief and all, but still. The rest of the team may as well have been action figures in the kids' room with how Cloud just came in and pwn'd everything.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud didn't have any mako enhancements during the Nibelheim massacre. He was just a grunt.

And...to be honest, Cloud landing the hit with the Buster Sword on him wasn't exactly battle readiness. It was stealth. He just snuck up on him from behind. However, Cloud being able to lift Sephiroth with his own sword, while it was stuck in his chest, was definitely something superhuman.

I don't know what you mean though, considering all of what the other heroes did. They were far from action figures. They definitely are strong too. They may not be Cloud strong, but he IS the hero and leader of the group.

Smaddy

Green Mage
Cloud didn't have any mako enhancements during the Nibelheim massacre. He was just a grunt.

And...to be honest, Cloud landing the hit with the Buster Sword on him wasn't exactly battle readiness. It was stealth. He just snuck up on him from behind. However, Cloud being able to lift Sephiroth with his own sword, while it was stuck in his chest, was definitely something superhuman.

I don't know what you mean though, considering all of what the other heroes did. They were far from action figures. They definitely are strong too. They may not be Cloud strong, but he IS the hero and leader of the group.
But after Nibleheim, maybe once he got going in Midgar at the start of FF7, something kicked in?

Lifting Seph with the sword while it's in his chest was what I was referring to. I don't think the average person could do that at all.

I think the rest of the team is strong, but it wasn't portrayed so well in AC.

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
According to Last Order, Cloud's strength is in his stare that causes people to commit suicide.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
Cloud only see's Zack fight a few times, and suddenly he's become a fighter on the level of a 1st class Soldier?

I wouldn't say that. It took Cloud a good amount of time, fighting many powerful enemies during the course of FF7 to reach the level of a SOLDIER 1st Class, (Which he also eventually surpasses).

In the Shinra building you encounter SOLDIERS, surly they would of destoyed the team. From what we see of Zacks ability as a 2nd, the others cant be that far behind Zack.

Zack was not normal, even for SOLDIER. At the time Zack was slaughtering Wutai's front line, he was already being considered for a promotion to first class. And from the looks of 3rd class SOLDIERS in FF7 and CC, there is a pretty big gap in terms of abilities and power between them and 2nd class.

According to Last Order, Cloud's strength is in his stare that causes people to commit suicide.

LMAO

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I know what you're saying, but they did manage to draw a summon away from the civilians and (more or less) stalemate it with no materia whatsoever.

Yeah, but we know they're capable of much more, so it would have been nice to see it.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Cloud is strong cause he has spiky hair. Think about it, Zack had spiky hair, and he was the secdond strongest SOLDIER of his time. Cloud has spiky hair, and is just as strong, maybe stronger, than Zack.

Sephiroth surpasses both by having silver hair. Think about it, he has silver hair, he is stronger than any other SOLDIER. Weiss has silver hair, he effortlessely crushed regular Vincent. Need I go on? I think not.

Top Bottom