Come and see! It's almost naked!

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
And that wasn't just a lie to draw you in!
I haven't drawn clothes on her yet!

I don't know who this is, but this is just practice to work the stiffness out of my art. X_X
I didn't mean to make her look so... sexual..... O.o

anyway,
help me. Her hips look off to me.

59u04o.jpg

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Don't you already have an art thread here? xD
Anyway, I like this but I couldn't tell you what to fix because lol how do I art?

Ghost X

Lol, didn't mean to draw her so sexual. Riiight. Anyway, its not bad, but I think you got some bad habits. To me it looks like she has a major case of scoliosis, which suggests you haven't planned her body out, and just drew it. A little bit of planning may help you out with the 'stiffness' and what issues you're having with hips and other areas. I recommend Burne Hogarth's books on anatomy.

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
Oh yeah I do have an art thread. X_X oops.

And yeah, I can't plan out my drawings too much. I know it's supposed to help and everything but it really REALLY doesn't. It makes the anatomy worse and the poses worse and blech.

I have an updated version though. X_X This was just before touch ups and what have you.
I'm still working on it though.

28hlg6o.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Both look very, very nice. :)

As far as criticisms go, I would suggest perhaps working on the depth of the image. She looks a bit flat. This could probably be easily fixed with shading that you were probably already planning to do anyway so yeah. :P

But very good, though. I like them so far. :)

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
well she's still just a rough draft layer. I need to do another layer with clothes and neater lines and what have you so yeah. XD

e.suna

little nerdling
I second Ghost's recommendation of Burne Hogarth's anatomy books. It's the best education you can get on anatomy and dynamic anatomy anywhere.

If planning and using guidelines to make your figures doesn't work for you, then you must have not learned to use them right. That's where the Hogarth books help, too. Thinking of the body as masses and planes helps you to pose it accurately any way you want, and it will look great.

My crit: The girl's head is big for her body, and her shoulders are wider than her hips, which is gives her a very manly/athletic figure. Also, you can help the "flatness" of the drawing by varying the line quality. Emphasizing your overlapping lines will create immediate depth. I like how delicately you treated her face and hair, and it's an interesting, dynamic pose.

You might want to try starting this drawing over from scratch and seeing how it turns out, if you're afraid of messing with this one too much.

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
I'm not going to spend money on anatomy books or anything. I don't have that much money to spare and it's not THAT important to me.

And like I said, this is still the rough draft layer. I'm going to completely redraw it.
You could say that this is my basic skeleton.
If I do decide to finish this, which i'm still on the fence really, then she's maybe barely half way there, if that, in terms of the linework and then I'd have to color her.

also, just because I don't enjoy it and it doesn't work for me personally doesn't mean I MUST be doing it wrong. I admit that if I practiced at it and all that stuff I'd be able to use skeletons and the like more effectively, but it's just not enjoyable to me AT ALL and why would I draw if I didn't enjoy it?

Maybe someday my views will change and I'll be more willing but right now at this very moment I am not.

Thanks for the crit. :D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The nose is a bit wide for Trish. A good nose, but hers was very narrow.

Still quite nice.

Sesc

Audiophile
Looks good, it's coming along quite nicely.

One thing however, might be just me but her mouth seems a bit big.

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
well, maybe I'll redo it without the clothes, but bah. I'm not done fixing the with clothes one though.

Top Bottom