• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Coming to you from 1997... Duke Nukem Forever

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Official Duke Nukem Forever Website

Apparently pigs can fly, and Hell has frozen over...

Despite spending In development since 1997 and 3D Realms dying...
It appears that the Rumors, Twitter Hints, T-shirts, & PAX Posters are all true-

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS BACK, thanks to Gearbox Studios, and it's coming out for PC, PS3, & 360 on MAY 3RD 2011!!

duke_nukem_forever.jpg

Hail to the king baby!!!

X :neo:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
BALLS OF STEEL.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Click the >9000 links in my first post. :awesomonster:

I'm DEAD serious, and fucking AMPED to actually be able to play it (relatively) soon. I think it's supposed to be shipping late this year / early 2011, but I don't remember if that's officially stated anywhere yet.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Respectfully, I'll believe it when I see it. This is, what, the third or fourth studio to try it? And haven't all the others gone under. I think its cursed.

Vendel

Banned
Since 1997?

I find it funny that SE has managed to come out with like 7 major FF releases, 2 full length CG movies and numerous other smaller FF projects in that time.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Isn't there that site that lists the number of things that have taken less time than this game's release? Including things like The Beatles' entire recording career and World War I :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, Randy Pitchford (Pres/CEO of Gearbox) actually worked on Duke Nukem 3D, so it's understandable that if anyone else finished it, it makes sense that Gearbox would.

Here's his quote from the article that the Wall Street Journal released.

Randy Pitchford said:
Gearbox began finishing “Duke Nukem Forever” in late 2009. “Clearly the game hadn’t been finished at 3D Realms but a lot of content had been created,” he says. “The approach and investment and process at 3d Realms didn’t quite make it and it cracked at the end. With Gearbox Software we brought all those pieces together. It’s the game it was meant to be.”

That means that the game will be a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D and will have both single player and multiplayer. “Aliens come and say they’re going to be our friends and Duke knows this isn’t going to work out,” Pitchford says. “Duke once again is in the pivotal spot and its up to him to save the world.”

The game is currently expected to ship in 2011, although given its history, Pitchford is understandably reluctant to be more specific. “We’re in the polishing phase now. This is a game where we can not make a promise we can not fulfill,” he says. “We need to get past the shock and awe and then we can go to all the retailers and first parties and work out a launch plan.”

The Duke Nukem Forever List is what you were talking about ForceStealer. I'm excited to see someone revive and update it. It's also a good history lesson if you're not completely familiar with the LONG history of DNF.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Due for release in 2020 rite?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
DNF had a pretty unique development history that's kept it perma-delayed.

Go read the IGN article. The Chilean Miner joke from Randy's wife is a jaw-dropper. The gameplay description and overall tone of everything confirms to me that there is no one and no studio more perfect to finally release this game. Also - in case this wasn't apparent from the video link in my first post:

THE GAME IS PLAYABLE AT PAX RIGHT NOW!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know its kinda depressing if you think about all the fans of Duke Nukem back in the day who died over the past 13 years, never getting to finally realize a chance at seeing the game finally get its sequel.

I'm weird, but I can't help but think of shit like that. And I knew someone who's gone who loved Duke Nukem but unfortunately won't ever get to play its sequel.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Kotaku's gemplay review is a little more in depth.

Joystiq's is also pretty good and they have more images!!

(Hopefully the closed doors trailer will come out some time soon, it sounds fantastic).

@ Mako - for all those people that never got to play it, they're remembered, and I'm sure that their friends think of them when they play. I know it's rather loosely related, but it made me think of this Blizzard's TwinCruiser Memorial. Don't be sad that they can't play it, play it in memory of them, and enjoy it for that.

Vendel

Banned
You know its kinda depressing if you think about all the fans of Duke Nukem back in the day who died over the past 13 years, never getting to finally realize a chance at seeing the game finally get its sequel.

:kirkwhat:

Who would lament that they never got the chance to play DNF?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
We care why?

Duke Nukem has always been a pretty crap shooter.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
BUT THE GAME HAD TITTIES IN IT OMG GAIZ

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango

I'm weird, but I can't help but think of shit like that. And I knew someone who's gone who loved Duke Nukem but unfortunately won't ever get to play its sequel.

It's a game, not a personal life achievement he was unable to accomplish.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@ Dacon / DNA

Back in 199X, I was right at the age where all the crass, cliche, over-the-top tongue-in-cheek masculinity/violence/sexuality/etc. of the game was probably at the peak of it's hilarity for me. I played it with other kids my age, we quoted it to hell and back, and have nothing but great memories of it. Blasting music, saving strippers, and blowin' up aliens. It's one of those games that you were either into it or you weren't, and if you were, it's got that nostalgic feeling combined with copious amounts of shooting, swearing, & sexuality that's tough not to enjoy. I think it's the same feeling I got as a kid playing the early Mortal Kombat games, back when it was really controversial. But instead of being a really tight fighting game, Duke Nukem always had a tongue-in-cheek feeling to it that was indulging all of that as much as was physically possible, just for the sake of the fact that it could.

Basically, It's not about a super deep story, or having the best ever shooter gameplay, it's about kicking ass and chewing bubblegum, and apparently that's not for everyone. :awesomonster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
But it was never a good game.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Honestly tho, I kinda wish it would have not been made, cause it will NEVER live up to the legend that it has spawned.

While I agree it'll probably never live up to the CRAZY legend it's spawned, I have to admit that it couldn't be in better hands for coming as close as it can to doing so. With Gearbox picking it up in late 2009 when 3D Realms went down, and Gearbox's president having worked on Duke Nukem 3D, it's somewhere with people who know it, and know how to make games ON TIME. I think that if it's a decent/fun game, and if it's bursting at the seams with Duke Nukem-ness (which it already is), I think that the fans will be happy with it.

Top Bottom