• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Community playthrough game nomvote

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Thanks to ForceStealer I now have FFV on this laptop so I'll be giving my vote to it as well.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, technically the last two votes came after the cut-off point (which I forgot about, thanks for bumping the thread!), but V was already in the lead, so the outcome hasn't changed. We're finally going to play Final Fantasy V!

Good thing Final Fantasy IX didn't come out on Steam this week... :monster:

I know the game quite well up to and including the Fire Ship. I've played beyond that point but only once, last summer, so I won't be able to set the chapter targets and conversation topics. Any volunteers? You can take the whole game if you prefer. :)

Lex

Administrator
I champion the game to high heaven but I'm definitely not an expert. I'm actually looking forward to this playthrough because I've forgotten half of it already. In other words, I don't think I'm the person for the job XD

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Maybe it's not such a bad thing if none of us is/am/are an expert? We can all just muddle through together.

I'm pretty excited because I know next to nothing about FFV, except theres something about crystals.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Oh yeah, I remember he used to be called Butz didn't he? *googles* He has proper old skool outfit doesn't he? Like the prince from Snow White :lol:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^I know Bartz is the main character and he has a pet chocobo. :monster:

Yes! This is as far as my knowledge extends (and the "Butz" element). Anything else beyond is a lucky guess :P

So, it would be nice to take part this year. Playing a new game---a FF one, at that.

Lex

Administrator
THIS IS SO EXCITING! Everyone finally experiencing FFV in all its glory <3

It introduced so many series staples you'll all shit your pants numerous times coming across them and realising they were series firsts. Huzzah!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
So can we just maek a start now if we want or what? I'll have to dig out my joypad (pleasedon'tbeintheloftpleasedon'tbeintheloftpleasedon'tbeintheloft)

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I don't remember a lot from FFV other than I enjoyed the job system and I loved the dialogue. Also I think I was
fighting against a flying fortress?A flying something anyway
before I got distracted with trying to hunt down Blue Magic. I have no idea how far that was in the story but I'd really like to finish it this time. I've already made a list of where I can get Blue Magic so hopefully I wont get side-tracked :P I guess what I'm saying is I'm ready to start at any moment now :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Replying to two of Octo's posts because she's asking the relevant questions. :monster:
Maybe it's not such a bad thing if none of us is/am/are an expert? We can all just muddle through together.
I was thinking along the same lines. Since nobody has come forward as an expert, I'll get us started with the part of the game I know fairly well, and if nobody wants to take over, I'll just find some ready-made chapters from a walkthrough.

I'm pretty excited because I know next to nothing about FFV, except theres something about crystals.
That's pretty much true for every Final Fantasy, so yeah, I think you're onto something. :awesome:

So can we just maek a start now if we want or what? I'll have to dig out my joypad (pleasedon'tbeintheloftpleasedon'tbeintheloftpleasedon'tbeintheloft)
What's in the loft? Spiders?

Sure, you can start now. I've always said that the chapter schedules in community playthroughs are guidelines - everyone can play at their own pace, go ahead if they feel like it, take some time off and catch up, whatever really. I don't want people to feel pressured into doing anything. :)

Though with that said, I'll probably try to get the first chapter up today, since it's the start of a new week (and screw anyone who thinks a week starts on Sunday, they're just wrong).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have to figure out the specific way I'd like to play it.

The most likely is that I'll play the GBA version again. I liked it a lot and I can emulate on my PSP if need be which is nice.

Alternatively, I could try this Steam version just to see it and be more legal or whatever. But those graphics will bother me.

OR, I actually purchased the Japanese cartridge when I was in Tokyo last year. I intend to use it to help with my Japanese-studying...but I don't think I'm proficient enough to just jump into that AND try to keep up with the playthrough...

Lex

Administrator
For anyone interested - I mentioned this in the other thread - there's a fan retranslation of the original FFV on the SNES (rom + SNES emulator). When I last played through the game that's the one I used. It's not perfect (it suffers slightly from losing a tiny bit of flavour to accuracy) but it is still a really good translation, and I didn't feel like I missed anything from the original PS translation. It's certainly not flat and boring like some other fan retranslations (the FFVI one for example).

Top Bottom