• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Community Playthrough (Summer of 2019) –– Vote, Vote, Vote!

Vote for as many games as you’d like to play!

• Chrono Cross

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Dragon Age: Origins

• Factorio

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Final Fantasy VII

• Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Final Fantasy Type-0

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Minecraft

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NieR Automata

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • The Sims 3

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Xenosaga Episode I

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Here's the poll to decide on which game we're gonna play as a community this coming summer!

Our Nominees
    • The story of Chrono Cross focuses on a teenage boy named Serge and a theme of parallel worlds. Faced with an alternate reality in which he died as a child, Serge endeavors to discover the truth of the two worlds' divergence. The flashy thief Kid and many other characters assist him in his travels around the tropical archipelago El Nido. Struggling to uncover his past and find the mysterious Frozen Flame, Serge is chiefly challenged by Lynx, a shadowy antagonist working to apprehend him
    [*][*]
    • The game is set on the fantasy world of Rivellon, centuries after the first Divinity. Living beings on Rivellon have a form of energy known as Source, and individuals called Sourcerers can manipulate Source to cast spells or enhance their combat abilities. The Seven Gods of Rivellon had given up a portion of their collective Source power and infused it into a person, Lucian, who became what is known as the Divine, whose role is to use his powers to hold back the Void.
    [*][*]
    • Set in the fictional kingdom of Ferelden during a period of civil strife, the game puts the player in the role of a warrior, mage, or rogue coming from an elven, human, or dwarven background. The player character is recruited into the Grey Wardens, an ancient order that stands against demonic forces known as "Darkspawn", and is tasked with defeating the Archdemon that commands them and ending their invasion.
    [*][*]
    • The game follows a person who crash-landed on an alien planet and must harvest resources and create industry to build a rocket; however, as an open-world game, the storyline's end is not necessarily the end of the game. The game has both single and multiplayer modes.
    [*][*]
    • The game's story follows Cecil, a dark knight, as he tries to prevent the sorcerer Golbez from seizing powerful crystals and destroying the world. He is joined on this quest by a frequently changing group of allies.
    [*][*]
    • Final Fantasy VII is one of two major ancient Cetra epic poems attributed to Homerva. It is, in part, a sequel to Loveless, the other Homervaic epic. Final Fantasy is fundamental to the modern Planet canon; it is the second-oldest extant work of Planet literature, while Loveless is the oldest. Scholars believe Final Fantasy VII was composed near the end of the 8th century BC, somewhere in Nibelheim, the Cetra coastal region of Shamalamadingdong.
    [*][*]
    • The game is set three years after the events of the original game, and focuses on one of the game's playable characters, Vincent Valentine. In the story, Vincent is targeted by Deepground, a mysterious organization that plans to awaken a creature known as Omega, with the ability to destroy the Planet.
    [*][*]
    • The game takes place in the fictional land of Ivalice, where the empires of Archadia and Rozarria are waging an endless war. Dalmasca, a small kingdom, is caught between the warring nations. When Dalmasca is annexed by Archadia, its princess, Ashe, creates a resistance movement. During the struggle, she meets Vaan, a young adventurer who dreams of becoming a sky pirate in command of an airship. They are quickly joined by a band of allies; together, they rally against the tyranny of the Archadian Empire.
    [*][*]
    • The story focuses on Class Zero, a group of fourteen students from the Vermillion Peristylium, a magical academy in the Dominion of Rubrum. When the Militesi Empire launches an assault on the other Crystal States of Orience, seeking to control their respective crystals, Class Zero is mobilized for the defense of Rubrum. Eventually, the group becomes entangled in the secrets behind both the war and the reason for their existence. The setting and presentation were inspired by historical documentaries, and the story itself was written to be darker than other Final Fantasy titles.
    [*][*]
    • a sandbox construction game created by Mojang AB founder Markus "Notch" Persson, inspired by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, and Notch's past games Legend of the Chambered and RubyDung. Gameplay involves players interacting with the game world by placing and breaking various types of blocks in a three-dimensional environment. In this environment, players can build creative structures, creations, and artwork on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.
    [*][*]
    • Set in the midst of a proxy war between machines created by otherworldly invaders and the remnants of humanity, the story follows the battles of a combat android, her companion, and a fugitive prototype. Gameplay combines role-playing elements with action-based combat and mixed genre gameplay similar to that of Nier.
    [*][*]
    • The Sims 3 is built upon the same concept as its predecessors. Players control their own Sims' activities and relationships in a manner similar to real life. The game play is open-ended and does not have a defined goal. Challenges occur randomly based on aspects of each Sim's lifestyle, such as relationships, skills and job. Career opportunities such as working overtime or completing special tasks can yield a pay raise, cash bonus, or relationship boost. Skill opportunities are requests by neighbors or community members for Sims to solve problems using their acquired skills for cash or relationship rewards. If the opportunity is connected to a Sim's school, the reward may be increased school performance.
    [*][*]
    • Set far in the future when humanity has left Earth, the plot follows Shion Uzuki, an employee of Vector Industries; and KOS-MOS, a battle android design to fight the hostile alien Gnosis. Forced to escape a Gnosis attack and head for the planet of Second Miltia, Shion and KOS-MOS are pulled into a fight between the Galaxy Federation and the hostile U-TIC Organization. With others who join them as they head to safety, they face a deeper mystery surrounding U-TIC's goals and the plans of the immortal Albedo Piazzolla.
    [*][*]

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Can I suggest in the very unlikely event of Sims 3 winning, the playthrough is one of the official unofficial challenges? There's a few around I forget their names but just so there's an end point or whatever. I have Sims 3 but I don't think it'll play anymore so I won't be able to take part but either way!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Letting you beautiful people know that this poll will be open until the 15th of this month!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think more folks need to experience Type-0 seeing as how that was one of the most heavy and well done spinoffs that nearly got bypassed for the West. Its an amazing fusion of classic FF concepts with a heavy and war-themed backdrop. It's the only other member of FNC series and it's pretty fucking rad.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think more folks need to experience Type-0 seeing as how that was one of the most heavy and well done spinoffs that nearly got bypassed for the West. Its an amazing fusion of classic FF concepts with a heavy and war-themed backdrop. It's the only other member of FNC series and it's pretty fucking rad.

I played it and it's one of the few games where I'm actively angry about having spent money on it :closedmonster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
OH SHI WHADDUP, POLLS ARE BASICALLY CLOSED AND IT LOOKS LIKE OUR WINNER IS DEFINITELY..!!
NieRAutomata-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

This means Joe I will be your host this coming summer. Idk about the rest of you lot, but I am H Y P E D!!!!!!!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
How does this work? Are you gonna do stream or?
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
We'll post chapters every few days/week detailing what we'll all be playing up to during that time, then follow with discussion of said parts. They're not strict tho, more like guidelines.
Some of us will likely stream too and perhaps have videos posted. :monster:

Top Bottom