Competitions

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
fgj and in order to increase activity / justice, it would be awesome to organize some competitions in one area or another. Poast in this thread if you have an idea for one.

I've got two, both writing ones. First one's a review competition, where one takes a Compilation title (I guess) and reviews it. Winner gets his review poasted onto the frontpage, and judging will be according to writing, unbiasedness, layout (I could give those who want to participate 'contributer' rights on the frontpage, so they can do the layout in the frontpage style - but that's optional), etcetera.

Second competition type is a more general article writing competition, where the participants write a (compilation related) article about any subject they'd like, preferably with imagery and proper layout, etc. Not entirely sure what to do with the submissions - I guess that all submissions, if they conform to quality thingies, could be posted on the frontpage and the winner announced on there as well, to not make it seem like a waste, :monster:. Another extra neat thingy would be to not allow current site staff to participate, in order to get the non-staff memberbase to participate in frontpage business.

Other competitions could be graphics, like a new forums banner (it's still the same as the frontpage 'un) or whatever.

Lemme know what you think, I'll leave Someone Else to organize it, seeing that I probably won't be around to keep an eye out slash organize it, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Photography would work, it's not something you see often on FF sites (main focus always seems to be on Photosouping stuff, which gets kinda boring imho).

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Would it be a Compilation-related photography contest or just a generic photography one?

The second writing contest sounds neat. I guess reviews would be pretty nice too, but seeing as everything's been out for a while...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Photography, please! yes yes ^_^

Generic Photoshop ones would probably get more entries, though, and I still think we should have some, but photography is something new. :)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'd probably contribute to a generic article competition, for the record. Some of the other ideas mentioned here are good as well, but I doubt I'd contribute to them.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'd consider donating prizes/cash to the event. If not that, I'd enter in a writing-based content--my artsy skills just ain't up snuff, just yet. I really like the idea, and it could draw some more activity.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think my suggestion for a competition is obvious :monster:

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
I would say, "Art Competition", but I'm already having to do 1
sketchbook assignment a week that I really don't want to
for my art class.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=363.msg9998#msg9998 date=1232502608]
What was your suggestion?
[/quote]

I'm only good at one thing sweetcheeks.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Cookie Monster link=topic=363.msg10323#msg10323 date=1232578857]
How about we just do all of them?
[/quote]

righty, maek a poll and do a vote to determine which one goes first, posthaste. Cthulhu commands thee.

Top Bottom