Content Organization Clean-Up

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
While rooting around in various translations we have, it's become apparent that some pages are not very well linked to on the main organizational pages. And some of the organizational pages haven't had their in-progress text replaced once a project has been completed. I don't know who is in charge of this, but I figured someone on site staff should be given a heads up so things are easier to find. Without further ado...

Novels & Novellas under "Lateral Biography: TURKS -The Kids Are Alright-"
According to this page, Chapters 1-30 have been Translated and Chapters 31-46 have yet to be translated
Chapters 1-30 Translated
Translated by hitoshura, mecorx and Pixel. Stay tuned for translations of chapters 31-46!
Only thing is, following that link reveals that Chapters 31-46 have indeed been translated! This is a pretty easy fix to something like...
Chapters 1-46 Translated
Translated by hitoshura, mecorx and Pixel.
There's also a separate page of just Chapters 31-46 that exists, but it's a bit redundant now that the first page has all the chapters linked to it.

The main Lateral Biography: TURKS -The Kids Are Alright- page also feels like it could be looked at. There's two huge images and a YouTube video at the top of the page with the individual chapters all the way down at the bottom. I can understand having one image at the top... but not both images and the YouTube Video. It feels like you're scrolling down through a bunch of redundant images that take up half if not a full screen each before you get to the actual meat of the page which is the chapters. Which is also what the link to that page from the Novels & Novellas page makes it look like you're going to. The page for Chapters 31-46 also has the problem of having an entire screen and a half of large images right at the top, but it thankfully has no YouTube video, so it's not as bad.

The Crisis Core hub.
This is... missing a lot of Crisis Core guide book translations... even just an overall link to the Guide Book Translations hub indicating there is more Crisis Core Ultimania information on it. The Dirge of Cerberus hub has links to both the Guide Book page and a link to all the pages the Guide Book page links too, so that stuff is really easy to find. It feels like this should be how the Crisis Core hub page should be set-up also since... it's a lot easier to search for translations by game they are associated than if the tranlsaitons were found in a Guide Book or not. At the moment... it looks like we don't have a lot of Crisis Core translations... when in reality, there's a ton.

List of the Pages that I think should go on the Crisis Core hub...

The Guide Book Translations hub itself.
At the moment, this is... really hard to find. I can't find a link to it anywhere in the main hub pages except the Dirge of Cerberus page. The one menu item that looks like it might go to it (Translations) just leads to an auto-generated list of all articles tagged with "Translations" which is 18 Pages long with... seven articles per page. The first two pages are also really hard to read as there is huge pictures for each article that take up half the screen. It actually gets better starting with page two when there isn't any huge pictures just the article titles... even though you can only fit five of those on the screen at one time. I don't know how to go about making this look better, but... it feels like it should be easier to get to a list of all the translations are site has without as much scrolling or page turning. At the very least, a link to the Guide Book Translations could be stuck on the Highlights page until a better solution is found.

One of the things our site has that can't be found anywhere else easily are translations of older FFVII Ultimanias. Only currently, they are very hard to find and search for on this website unless you already know what you are looking for. Some of this, like more cross-linking between hub pages, just feels like someone with front page access to go through and just hard link up more stuff manually to fix. Others like the long auto-generated list of everything tagged with "Translations" probably is harder to change.

And the former fix of going through and putting in more links oh hub pages... I'm pretty sure I actually did something like that at one point? Not sure. But if all it is is editing WordPress pages, I've done that before so it wouldn't be hard to do.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The Guide Book Translations hub itself.
At the moment, this is... really hard to find. I can't find a link to it anywhere in the main hub pages except the Dirge of Cerberus page. The one menu item that looks like it might go to it (Translations) just leads to an auto-generated list of all articles tagged with "Translations" which is 18 Pages long with... seven articles per page. The first two pages are also really hard to read as there is huge pictures for each article that take up half the screen. It actually gets better starting with page two when there isn't any huge pictures just the article titles... even though you can only fit five of those on the screen at one time. I don't know how to go about making this look better, but... it feels like it should be easier to get to a list of all the translations are site has without as much scrolling or page turning. At the very least, a link to the Guide Book Translations could be stuck on the Highlights page until a better solution is found.

Clicking "Translations" used to go to a much more useful navigation menu. I think this tagging "menu" was one of the absurd "modern design sensibilities" that Flintlock pushed for during the last major overhaul to the site. I complained about it the day the upgrade changing it to be like that went into effect, and it continues to make no sense to me.

I think he did actually promise to fix it, but that obviously never went anywhere.

Top Bottom