SPOILERS Crazed fan drives Kazushige Nojima to no longer discuss FFVII on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
I'm saying it wouldn't really be an issue if the game was finished. It's that fans think they have a say in how the story concludes that draws out this insane entitlement.

Yeah, I agree. Makes me wish we were already done with the remake so people would stop suggesting or demanding so many changes.

If you want the story you supposedly "love" so much to be totally different, may as well invest your time in something else. (Something that fulfills your expectations.)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
LOL wow. That was... A lot of psychic damage to take in at once.

LOL yeah it's like they've never seen...

*gestures broadly to FFs 1 through 6, 8, 9, 10, 12....*

Well, in FF3 the caring girl who puts others before herself winds up dead as well, but that tracks for all the other games. And it tracks for FF7 too. Both Aerith and Tifa are that archetype. One's just shy, the other's outgoing and it's a tweest! which one is which.

That's part of the reason 15 is one of my favorites. Death death and more death lol

EVEN THEN, the heroine gets a happy ending there, somehow being married to the man she loves and is either a god, married in the afterlife, or brought back to life outright because FFXV's novel was strange.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
EVEN THEN, the heroine gets a happy ending there, somehow being married to the man she loves and is either a god, married in the afterlife, or brought back to life outright because FFXV's novel was strange.

From what I've read, I thought the novel was more of an alternate ending. I didn't think it was canon

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
From what I've read, I thought the novel was more of an alternate ending. I didn't think it was canon

It's canon, but also might be an alternate ending? It's effectively the same as the vanilla ending, except Noct and Luna are explicitly alive, and Noct is not the 114th, but 115th King of Lucis, because he formally recognizes Ardyn as having been a true King of Lucis because of his actions fighting Bahamut.

Also the "brought back to life outright" is the only one referring to the novel. The first two are possible interpretations of the vanilla ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK

Lex

Administrator
Username, obviously :monster:

No joke, he does still try to join the board several times a week. He puts "u kno who i am" in his AKA field.

I'm surprised he wants to rejoin, I assumed he'd washed his hands of this place...

I should clarify: I'm not certain it was actually J-dude. I only know it wasn't bots (you can generally tell the difference between a bot and a banned member trying to join).

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I'm saying it wouldn't really be an issue if the game was finished. It's that fans think they have a say in how the story concludes that draws out this insane entitlement. Stephen King talked about that as he was writing the last few books of the Dark Tower (and I think it negatively impacted the story tbh, it becomes very meta and about the crushing pressure of oh wait that sounds like 7R) and that was before social media.

Agreed. Lord knows what FFVII would look like if social media existed and had the opportunity to scream after Disc 1.

Reactions: Ite

Lex

Administrator
The whole username saga happened before my time, so I still barely know who he is or why he's banned lol.

It happened in 2009 or 2010, so it was before almost everyone's time :monster:

The context is basically that there used to be a fuckton of shitposting on TLS, and he used to get drunk and post a lot of stuff that didn't really make sense. I don't know why he was initially banned myself even, just that he tried to circumvent his ban, which got it extended again and again. 11 years later here we are.

We have actually tried to let him back more than once, but every single time he inevitably gets himself banned again.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He kept spam posting nonsense. Like, drunken ravings and outright nonsense. He'd get belligerent too, just outright hostile.

So he had to be stopped, and he wouldn't take the ban. So that was that. :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's canon, but also might be an alternate ending? It's effectively the same as the vanilla ending, except Noct and Luna are explicitly alive, and Noct is not the 114th, but 115th King of Lucis, because he formally recognizes Ardyn as having been a true King of Lucis because of his actions fighting Bahamut.

Oops, sorry. That's right. The chapters were canon leading up to the ending, but the ending was an alternate one.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It happened in 2009 or 2010, so it was before almost everyone's time :monster:

The context is basically that there used to be a fuckton of shitposting on TLS, and he used to get drunk and post a lot of stuff that didn't really make sense. I don't know why he was initially banned myself even, just that he tried to circumvent his ban, which got it extended again and again. 11 years later here we are.

We have actually tried to let him back more than once, but every single time he inevitably gets himself banned again.

Wasn't there someone who was doing stuff like that last year or in 2020? I vaguely remember someone posting random sh!t in different topics. I think you guys banned them after a day or 2.

Lol that's hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom