• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crimson Sun's FFVII Playing Card Collection

Fangu

Great Old One
Don't know if this has been brought up before, but I came across this today and thought I'd share it.

Highly regarded and much loved FF artist Crimson Sun apparently made a FFVII Playing Card Collection, with gorgeous artwork to go. Apparently they all sold out, but I guess there's a chance there'll be a round two?

tumblr_nzw7udTqRX1qjeyzqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nzw7udTqRX1qjeyzqo2_500.jpg

You can read more about the deck here
More samples here

RedFFWolf

Donator
It was mentioned somewhere on the forums a while ago, but it was just a passing comment in another thread. Good to have this thread for it, especially if he reopens orders again once his current batch is fully complete.
(Oh, also, just seeing your signature there with the Tidus & Yuna joke - I remember that; it was Joe's post over here :D)

I ordered a deck from Crim a while ago and should get them soon enough. Lovely fellow to talk to :)

I'll give a wee mention again here when I get them.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Ahhhh, solved ^_^
I mean, I could've searched "crimson cards" in the search bar, but I had already scored once with my memory alone on another thing in the same post :P

Anyway, I was thinking at first these cards would make a good gift for my little brother, whose birthday is coming up in about a month and a half. At the same time, I've realised he already has some similar deck of FF cards featuring Amano artwork and other stuff. So I think I'll hang onto them for myself - even if I find little games to play around with them, it'll be nice owning them; in one way, owning a load of mini Crimson Sun prints :joy:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I just noticed that the Vincent card is a queen. This tickles me for some reason.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Got the deck today! Besides being excellent pieces of art, I really appreciated the overall arrangement of them all.
I even got a cute image of Nanaki ^_^

Just need nearby friends with as much interest in FFVII as I so I can leave the realms of solitaire and whatnot.
(Though, really, I'm just happy to have the cards)

Also, Reno is
the Jack of Diamonds, and he's flipping us off. Bold lad!

WinglessACCS

Da Fat Weeaboo Who Likes RPGs
That moment when you realize that all your money is shoved into college and not a single penny is saved for buying these cards...

:okay:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Yeah my order was confirmed today :monster: Thanks to Lic's alert in the chit chat thread.

Oh, I hadn't seen that, I feel like a fraud... :sadpanda:
(Ah no, sure, all the more reach for him, though I doubt he'll have any trouble meeting his quota to proceed with it)

I've ordered three decks this time 'round - and having Crim's permission, I'll be giving away one as a prize across each KupoCon event next year. Hint: get your squat game on; only the best will be worthy of this prize!
(I really like Crim and his work, so I'm glad some form of connection has been established and to be able to include him in our programme)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
:O I need these! Not sure budget will allow for it, we shall see. Maybe I could use them for gambling and win all the money back off my friends :lol:

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I rarely check that thread, so it was your announcement that told me about it. :monster:

tumblr_inline_ns4pnkqxed1t7z78b_500.gif

Also, yes, Crim is fucking amazing. Shademp and I were so lucky to have such a talented individual working with us on the For All Gaia's Children project (God rest its soul).

Maybe the Reunion can return in another form. A story's a story; just needs a medium, eh? Ah, discussion for another day - I understand the attachment and background to the project to not wholeheartedly suggest such things.
I didn't say it before in the thread you linked, but treasure those things: the hopes, ideas and ambitions, the starts and the terminations. There's a lot to be said about all that and why, but it is not for me to elaborate on and try to understand, for it is not my project ;) (though I daresay you've had enough reflection for a while now).

I bought two packs the first time round and I've never even opened them - they feel too precious!

You know, I'm just looking at the cards now. Nrgh, so good in my hands. All the distinct images, personalities and...oh, they even smell good. (Open it, open it, open it :awesome:)

Ah, I'm just jokin' about. Maybe now will be an ideal time if you get one more packet, strictly for you and for you to open? :) (Do not make me have to send one to you, 'cause I will find a way to do it :D)

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Same, Red. I don't go into the Chit Chat thread much so it was because of year I saw that the cards were available again. :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Got mine in the mail yesterday (along with a nice drawing of Shelke). They are gorgeous, and I are sick happy.

I am actually sick too, but that's neither here nor there. :monster:

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
I literally found out about these right after the second round ended and I was SO SAD.

However, I think Crim is also working on FF15 Tarot cards and I really hope those are available for purchase at some point.

Crim has a patreon for those of you who are interested.

https://www.patreon.com/crimbly

He proposes projects and then see what people are interested in/willing to pay for. In addition to the FFXV tarot project, he's got some colouring books potentially in the works and a book of Shinra "candid photographs".

Top Bottom