• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
In both the original CC and CC-R.. my last DMW scene was a Cloud one.

For some reason, it's always trying to get that last Cloud DMW scene near the end, lol...
It's normally Sephiroth for me for some completely bizarre reason.

If i see Cissnei one more time I think I might cry.

Fangu

Great Old One
Sooo sorry if asking already asked questions, but - when's the last chance I have to do missions? Currently at Gongaga bur I'm guessing there's a few more plots to go? (Guessing I'll get a warning, but this game has been a bit consistent with not so good translated warnings...)

And, at what point in plot does the last plot depended missions unluck? I just unlocked the x amount of Shinra soldiers leading to the 1,000 shinra soldiers mission (and finished it, thanks for Quake) but are there more after that batch?

Also... at what point in plot does all DMW stories unlock for Sephiroth, Cloud and Aerith (if there is a plot cap)? Because I've been stuck on the same levels for like half of the game and... maybe that's pure unluck?
(I just unlocked one of the DMW materia shops (the one in Gongaga) so I have options for forcing DMWs now. I guess I was hoping their % was stuck due to plot reasons)

I mean I'm not platinuming this game or anything.... ......... ...........................

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's a handful of missions that are unlocked from sidequests in Midgar, the last chance to do those is chapter 7. The game warns you that that'll be a point of no return. Outside of those specific ones, all missions can still be played and unlocked in the final chapter.

---

On another note, I wonder when they'll announce a full OST for this. I need my OST fix. :monster:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Not sure which thread am I supposed to drop this video, but this "alternative" ending linked to FF7R is cool.

And this is the "theory" of that video in the description:
DMW is supposed to be the mechanism through which Zack can use Jenova's mimic ability and replicate Sephiroth's Octaslash, Cloud's Meteor Rain, Aerith's Healing Wind, etc... So, due to the whisper being present both during Ch. 18 and during Crisis Core Ending, gets corrupted and the memories which Zack used to summon his strength from are replaced with visions from another time or dimension. Vision in which he sees the main party of FF7 Remake fighting to defy fate. Therefore, by witnessing the characters and the events of chapter 18 via the DMW, Zack mimics their abilities and resolution, thus mustering the strength and will to defy fate.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Speaking of the DMW, it was nice that we finally got to hear the names spoken for Sebastian & Essai. I always enjoyed that scene being in CC, and it makes me glad that Ever Crisis is likely to mean that we actually get to experience that at some point. On a related note, Remake having the MP use "oo" for pronouncing Kunsel's name and CCR having Kunsel use "uh" for pronouncing his own name is such an odd little inconsistency that unintentionally makes the MP in the English dub seem like he's not quite as good of friends with Kunsel as he's seemingly meant to be.

X :neo:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
On another note, I wonder when they'll announce a full OST for this. I need my OST fix.

@FFVIImusic created an unofficial soundtrack for CCR using the game's files:

Surprising to me, not all music was recomposed! @FFVIImusic also put together a helpful track list if you want to know what's changed:

Their account has all sorts of other goodies too, like unreleased Remake music, if you haven't discovered them already:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Woot! I finally kicked Minerva's butt (Hard). That was tough, about 2 hrs to get through *Phew*. To me the biggest threat was always Fast slash, since not guarding it would 1-hit-kill me (that's how she got me on 95% of my unsuccessful tries). Anyway, I personally went with Costly Punch, Wall, Curaga, Mug (to get all the Phoenix downs) and Regen - that last item is quite different from most people's build, but I personally liked having a steady stream of HP to offset a portion of the HP costs from Costly Punch. Maxing HP, VIT, SPR seemed a requirement. Also, I took great care of saving limits to interrupt Minerva's Ultimas as often as possible. In the end, all the phoenix downs I used were because of Judgement arrow and Fast Slash, which both remove re-raise - I did not use a single one for its intended purpose!
Once she got into her final attack pattern, below 23 Millions HP, the fight really became a slug-fest because I only attacked after she used her weaker spells (Thor's hammer, Krista and Crimson Flame) - otherwise I'd get punished with Fast Slash if I got greedy or careless. It required a lot of patience!

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
I'm kind of late, but I finished this just yesterday. I never played the original and always had my doubts about it, but I want to say I liked this much, much more than I ever though. And though I knew how things would end from playing the OG, the ending really hit me hard.

Top Bottom