• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crisis Core [MMD] Touhou - Bad Apple!! (Lazard & Angeal)

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
That is incredibly awesome. How did you make this?

Ripped the models from the game, then imported into 3DS Max to make some adjustments which help how they look in MikuMikuDance and to export as an "X" file. This "X" file is then imported into PMD Editor. Japanese kanji names for each of the parts are needed for each of the model's bones. Once that's done, you have to make minor adjustments to have it match the type of skeleton MMD needs (sadly you can't just do these quickly...). At times you can use an already set skeleton, which is what I did for Angeal, since I had set it up for Lazard (further adjustments to match it with the corresponding parts was needed).

Once all of that is done, you need to assign the vertices to the bones, which is a painstaking process (many undo's were used, as you can't just "deselect...). Test, test, and test again through the internal viewer.

Then! You save the model as a "PMD" file. This is the format MMD uses. Load the model up in MMD, and if you've already downloaded pre-made motion data for the dance, and at times camera, you load those to the model/mmd camera.

That's the gist of it.... (without getting into how to make them blink, have the mouths move properly, how to get stages to look their best, etc, etc) ;)

Guess who will be next?

(His long jacket has given me troubles before.... but I have a friend who I can ask, so maybe this new attempt will work better)

Lioneh

the cake is a lie.
AKA
Well, just Lioneh usually. Or Ly. Whichever. :)
AIEEE! SOMEBODY IS FINALLY USING GENESIS IN ONE OF THESE THINGS!:joy:
...ahem. :awesome:

Sorry. You've just made a crazy fangirl very, very happy. <3
...now, if only I could get my own hands on his model...

Because seriously? I've never seen anyone on YouTube even TRY using Genesis before. I have no idea why he is so under-loved. i____i

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm ultra glad you decided to make a topic here about this. :D

He also did these:

-and afterwards updated Matra Magic to be AWESOME, (but doesn't have a video of the Sweeper-types using it).

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
MAKE TSENG AND AERIS KISSING

I mean, this vid is fucking awesome.

But please do it anyways.

Kissing?! Why stop there?! Full graphic sex pls! Dont make them dance though, cos that shit is bananas.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
If anyone is interested in some of the work that has to go into this stuff:

http://www.vocaforum.com/showpost.php?p=81513&postcount=22

mariokart64n said:
I'm having the same issue with one of my models.. normally rendering engines are unable to render more then one layer of transparency.. its very commonly seen.

although most rendering engines have a way of rendering the layers in passes, so that they render correctly. however it doesn't seem that MMD has such a system in place :(

however I noticed that the PMD editor lets you re-order the materials.. this seems to also effect the rendering order of each material.. and somewhat fixed the problem I had.

the solution to this is being able to use 2bit alpha blend on some materials.. but I'm unable to find a way to force that.

so I guess we're just stuck with re-ordering of the materials :\

before:
http://i55.tinypic.com/34ih4qv.jpg

re-ordered materials:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2m5ntbk.jpg

material isolation:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2h7ozle.jpg

..material isolation is an old trick, which doesnt really solve the problem. if anyone knows how to use 2bit alpha blending in MMD, please let me know.

thanks

-mariokart64n

Nice tip with re-ordering the materials... I'm currently trying to solve this issue (changing the order doesn't make a difference, and unlike my previous attempts with merging the meshes/splitting hasn't yielded any improvements either):

lazardofficeseethroughf.png

lazardofficesideviewnos.png

(Doesn't happen unless it's looking through the 'glass')

The floor shouldn't disappear like that.... *sigh* I wish MMD was just a tiny bit more advanced (but the chances of that happening seem similar to having an English version of PMD Editor....).

*edit*

Figured out the problem!

The model has a top and upside down bottom, to create the reflective effect on the floor:

I sliced off this bottom half, and here is the result:

No disappearing area! I guess it works for the time being, and all in all the reflective effect didn't look nearly as nice in MMD as it does in the game:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Not sure if it's of interest, but I'm working on the Shin-Ra HQ entrance lobby:

shinrareflectmmd.png

I figured out the right ratio of transparency to have that reflective floor effect!

Still working on trying to get the lighting to appear at least somewhat similar to how it looks in-game:

shinrareflectnoesis.png

I'll have to go back and try it on Lazard's Office once I finish this stage. The whole creation of well... everything in MMD is a process filled with trial and error (possibly because I'm doing what isn't normally done, or that there isn't a guide to follow..dunno).

I've spent the better portion of the day working on this btw.

Here's how it looks without any work:

And how it looks in-game (or well, in the model viewer):

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Crisis Core [MMD ]Zack 1st &amp; 2nd Class SOLDIER - Luka Luka&#9733;Night Fever

I reused Lazard's office since I just wanted to get the video up without continuing to mess with the look of the other stages. :P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh dude, these are pretty awesome. Why have I never seen this thread before?

The dancing vids are pretty funny. haha But those battle replacement ones are especially nice. :)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Let's see you daaance, sucka! You've got nothin' on me!

FFVII's first boy band there :lol:

This reminds me of the dancing stormtroopers at the beginning of Shadows of the Empire (I think it was) on the N64. I remember my brothers were visibly shaken by it.

Top Bottom