Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Quoting Tets post from the other thread:
The broadcast also marked the announcement of CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION, a remaster of PlayStation®Portable exclusive, CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-. The 2007 cult classic action RPG and prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII. CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-REUNION is a true remaster that follows the original story of SOLDIER 1st Class Zack Fair on his mission to find missing SOLDIER Genesis Rhapsodos, unraveling the stories of Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeith, Tifa and more. CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION will launch this Winter on PlayStation 5, PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PC & Nintendo Switch™.

I'm guessing they ported it over to UE5 then upgraded it. I can't get over how good it looks. Even coming to switch.

I'm imagining what Dissidia 012 would look like in UE5 now:O

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't even know what to say.

I cannot believe they fucking pulled a CC Remake out of hammer space.

REAL "Re:Chain of Memories" vibes coming from this. Expected to hear more about FFVII-R 2, they threw a fucking bonus remake of CC as a bonus. LMFAO, crazy ass Square.

@Tetsujin @ForceStealer I don't suppose either of you fancy doing a front page news post about the new announcements? I must bed :(

Gonna be deadass crazy to hear CC with Remake tier voice acting. I'm gonna feel bad if I ever pick up the PSP version again :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder who's working on this. Hexadrive? They did Type-0 HD and this seems like an upgrade in the same vein.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Gonna be deadass crazy to hear CC with Remake tier voice acting. I'm gonna feel bad if I ever pick up the PSP version again :monster:

It is a bummer about Zack, the only Remake voice that I found to be a downgrade.

Crazy fan petition: "Please release a DLC dub for Remake with the classic Compilation cast"
Square Enix: "You mean dub over Crisis Core with the Remake cast? Gotcha."

giphy.gif

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Some bits from this.

From a quick glance, everything about this scene matches the FMV in the original Crisis Core, not the recreated one in Remake. I mean the lightning and camera angles. However, the Buster Sword is the Remake design! Did they still have the original assets to re-render the scene?

Also, no dome of Whispers over Midgar. Interesting!

Crisis Core Reunion:
1655421273216.png

Remake:
1655421304306.png

Midgar in the background in Crisis Core Reunion, not visible at the same moment in Remake:
1655420838133.png

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The full title is "CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION", with "Reunion" at the end. Hopefully, we see a "Reunion" version of Dirge of Cerberus someday!

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
Interestingly it seems Square held on to Crisis Core's CG assets and are reusing them for this rather than updating them with Remake's designs. They're newly rendered since the Buster Sword is different though.

Isn't just the light? I think I can see the same details on the sword from in the 3rd shot, just very darkened by the shadows.... Though at this time my eyes are bleeding already...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really hope they add some new missions or reworked some of how they worked.

The fact it has newly created environments also peaks my interest a lot. Crisis Core reused a lot of stuff and it was barebones at times. Looks like they might have changed that!

Top Bottom