Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
It's just dawned on me that since CCR is coming out in less than a year from now, we're going to see the renewed Nibelheim so soon. I wonder if it's going to be the same Nibelheim shown in Rebirth or they'll have updated the textures and that's that. Argh I'm so impatient goddamnit!

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
@Torrie
Well, up til now, and for what little we've seen, level design and layout is the same as the original but with GFX/VFX vastly improved/remade.
Giving some level design variety and depth to side missions wouldn't hurt, tho, but don't count on it.

Still find the Reunion subtitle kinda weird and sus.
it references the ending's "three friends reuniting" (Genesis, Angeal-Copy, and S-Cells-Zack) or something.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Zack's lunge here, to start a combo, is taken directly from Cloud's in Remake. No equivalent exists in the original Crisis Core.

View attachment 12553
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This was also updated

Last edited:

Limestone

Rookie Adventurer
While it'd be cool for them to use the updated Remake locations, I wont hold my breath, given that they don't even seem the be using the new design for Evergreen Park. Kind of a bummer but what can you do.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Speaking of asset reuse, I noticed the smokestacks in the distance are the same as the ones outside of Aerith's church.

I mean, I'm assuming it's asset reuse. I don't think they would move Aerith's church in Sector 5 that close to Evergreen Park (which borders the wall between Sectors 6 and 7). But this is Midgar. At this point I expect inconsistencies in every game.

".........Hmmmmmmm. So that's how you fooled them."

image (6).jpg

Last edited:

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
j0BrXT2.png

A7y2VXb.png

Not sure if this was pointed out here already, but someone saw that Angeal at one point has three arrows and then four arrows on the DMW. What do you think this means?
The DMW also doesn't move sometimes.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Not sure if this was pointed out here already, but someone saw that Angeal at one point has three arrows and then four arrows on the DMW. What do you think this means?

iirc, at different points in the story you had a boosted chance of getting a particular result on the wheels, and there were also materia that did so as well. I would guess one of those (especially the former, given that it's the raid on Fort Tamblin).

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
We're standing on the brink...

I think it's easy to forget that Crisis Core was never released outside of the PSP. It hasn't been easily available to play for years and years. Once REUNION releases, an entirely new fanbase will emerge that have yet to be exposed to the brilliance and endearing quality of Zack. (Genesis too of course, our favourite irritating villain.)

CC, hate it or love it, is really important to FF7, and now with remake, seems as if it will be even more so than before.

He's back! The legend has returned!

zorro-logo.gif

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
We're standing on the brink...

I think it's easy to forget that Crisis Core was never released outside of the PSP. It hasn't been easily available to play for years and years. Once REUNION releases, an entirely new fanbase will emerge that have yet to be exposed to the brilliance and endearing quality of Zack. (Genesis too of course, our favourite irritating villain.)

CC, hate it or love it, is really important to FF7, and now with remake, seems as if it will be even more so than before.

He's back! The legend has returned!

zorro-logo.gif
I never played Crisis Core, but does Genesis by any chance
have Blast Processing?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
People really out here thinking this is going to be a full on remake and not a remaster....

LOL I gotta give S-E credit. They've got so many people in a straight up genjutsu here.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Is that what people are saying on there? I only posted it because it says crisis core reunion is a prequel to remake

Limestone

Rookie Adventurer
I think some people are taking the "prequel to Remake" line and running with it. It's probably just meant to draw in players by using the recent, popular game as a hook. It's also not false; elements of CC (+BC and DoC) are referenced in the game itself and guide books.

I didn't actually realize people still thought it was a remake, though, or are expecting a new ending. If it was a remake or even had a substantial amount of new story content, wouldn't they want to advertise that? I figure they might add something to connect it to the Remake, but I doubt we'd lose out on Zack's final battle in HD. (I hope they keep the blood.) If they change the ending, then it's just Zack winning another battle and moving on. CCR should contextualize Zack's existence for new players. They already know he is walking around in Remake; they need to see his death.

Also had no idea people were so set on bringing back the old English cast. They were fine in my memory, but after revisiting the game... Angeal, Tseng, and Hollander in particular don't have great acting imo. Zack's VA was good, but I'll get used to the new person. It feels like the current VA is a little closer to the Japanese VA anyway.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
People really, really believe they're going to get an ending where Zack lives though this.

I'm hooting & hollering.

This is amazing. Really can't believe this.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I think some people are taking the "prequel to Remake" line and running with it. It's probably just meant to draw in players by using the recent, popular game as a hook. It's also not false; elements of CC (+BC and DoC) are referenced in the game itself and guide books.

This would be the first time I've seen devs actually say something is a prequel/sequel, when it comes to remake. Other times, it's been totally vague. Those games being referenced, isn't the same as them being actually connected

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
If the Crisis Core Reunion trailer used Remake's version of Zack's last stand (which has different character models and lighting), then I would say we should expect Zack to survive. However, the trailer uses Crisis Core's FMV as its base with some updates. This would be an odd thing to do if they planned on making it play out like Remake. Why go back to the old version when they already have a new one built? Furthermore, for consistency you'd think they'd use Crisis Core's FMV of his actual death as well. Would be odd for the models to be mismatched.

I expect Crisis Core Reunion to be the story of the Zack who passed the Buster Sword to Cloud before the events of Remake. However, I also expect some new post-credit scene that'll further hint at the circumstances around Zack's victory.

Top Bottom