Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Limestone

Rookie Adventurer
I somehow missed that Takeharu Ishimoto is returning to compose music. I wonder if they'll be updating all of the music or just adding a couple new tracks. I like a lot of CC's OST, but I find the rock-type tracks very unmemorable. And as much as I like the instrumental rendition of Why, I would not be upset if they removed the actual song and maybe make it a credits track instead.
This would be the first time I've seen devs actually say something is a prequel/sequel, when it comes to remake. Other times, it's been totally vague. Those games being referenced, isn't the same as them being actually connected
I guess I see it as part of marketing. The game is subtitled as Reunion, so they definitely are trying to connect it to Remake, but what we've seen is just a very good remaster. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like an additional end credits scene to directly reference Remake, but outside of that... If they really wanted to make it a full blown Remake prequel, they would have at least matched the environments with Remake.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
People really, really believe they're going to get an ending where Zack lives though this.

I'm hooting & hollering.

This is amazing. Really can't believe this.
Why not? They can justify it with the same bullshit that happened in Remake.

I really see great chance of seeing an alternate ending...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
100% not getting replaced for the Remake. That's a mighty powerful genjutsu you've trapped yourself in, if you really believe they'd actually undo the entire emotional build up and climax of the game which gave it it's acclaim in the first place.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think we got confirmation that "Why" will return:

View attachment 12703

Good, it wouldn't be CC without it.

Also. This bit was interesting.

What is the additional recording of Genesis played by GACKT?

-It is said that it has been made into a full voice, but there was a report that GACKT, who plays the role of Genesis, is in poor physical condition and will resume performing arts activities by the end of the year, but is the recording okay?

Nomura Actually, Genesis was full voice at the stage of the original version, so there was no scene that needed additional recording. However, there were more characters that needed to be recorded than I had imagined for other characters. Zack Of course, there were many additional recordings for Kansel (laughs).

As expected, there are no new Genesis lines or scenes in this. In fact, it pretty much confirms what I said before. He's still ill and dealing with his physical health and voice issues.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Things are getting hot in the FFVII fandom as the recent Japanese interviews are being translated, reigniting old debates (of which I'm guilty of contributing to). I need a break. So, I went over the overlooked interviews from western publications that also released this week. Here's some minor tidbits I haven't seen posted:
  • "there's also a new dash function that's been added"
  • "small adjustments such the positioning of treasure chests and so on to improve playability, but since this is ultimately a remaster, there are no new missions or anything like that."
  • Hard mode, which was added to all versions after the initial Japanese release, will be available to Japanese players for the first time
  • The music used during Reunion's reveal trailer is one of Takeharu Ishimoto's new arrangements. The rest of the soundtrack will be equally faithful
Gamespot, Gematsu roundup

Additionally, some of the new English voice actors have been revealed:
  • Zack - Caleb Pierce
  • Angeal - Bill Millsap
  • Genese - Shaun Conde
  • Sephiroth - Tyler Hoechlin

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Still feeling high on all the recent news, I decided to replay some parts of the CC OG. Found out I had lost all my CC save files (including the one with all the missions cleared) due to emulation re-installation or some other shenanigans that I had completely forgotten about. Decided to replay it from the start nevertheless, but SWEET JENOVA the controls are so rigid and clunky, and I feel like there isn't enough room for me to move only due to the fact that there's absolutely no camera control. Also, now I have a wider screen, and all the pixels have become painfully obvious. There's no way I'll be able to play the original CC again. I need this remakester, like, yesterday.

Also, @Tetsujin, you were right, Kunsel was voiced indeed lol. But I believe it's like the only scene where he's voiced? No wonder it had slipped my mind completely.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
People really, really hoping for CC to be different lol

They've literally said it's the same 3 different times and not even the missions have changed. There's nothing new in this statement.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Have they confirmed the missions are staying the same? Cause that'll be grindy as feck to do all of them in that same format again

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
pls don't have a trophy for completing the game on hard. i only played the japanese one so didn't have difficulty options but i don't like what i've read (the few posts in this thread)

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Yeah, as usual in this fanbase, people are gonna read WAY too deeply into these statements lol.

CCR is weird in the context of the remake project. The strange feeling brought forth by the remake is that Zack appears to be alive at the end of Remake and in the trailer for Rebirth, yet he clearly dies in CC and CCR presumably.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
pls don't have a trophy for completing the game on hard. i only played the japanese one so didn't have difficulty options but i don't like what i've read (the few posts in this thread)

Hard Mode is honestly not that hard, unless you start it from the start. The only real difference with Hard Mode is the HP pools of enemies are like doubled at times and some of their attacks deal ridiculously high damage.

Darkness, Energy and of course Costly Punch equalizes everything. :monster:

Top Bottom