Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
Well I’m really looking forward to this. I never got to play the original CC, though of course through my thirst for FFVII knowledge I have done a fair bit of reading and YouTubing. Not the same though, is it?

Some of the acting and animations are going to look weird as some have said here for sure. I hope that doesn’t detract from what is going to be a largely new experience for me. I do like the “remakeification” of the UI, though.

I wonder if they’re going to add in any new story/sidequest elements or whether it’s going to be a like-for-like remaster, has any comment been made about that?

Some chat as well about the fact it is going to spoil a huge element of the OG story ahead of Rebirth. It’s a puzzling timing choice for sure, I just wonder how many new players are going to pick this up and be genuinely shocked at the revelations within. Does it have the same appeal to new players as Remake did and Rebirth will have?

Roll on December, a nice early birthday present for me!
Me to my birthday is in December lol

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
It'll be my first play of CC too and I'm quite excited about it. Not a big fan of Zack though, but maybe that'll change, who knows. My view of him come almost exclusively from the OG.

I've only played through it once on psp and found it to be a nice addition to the conpilation.

Zack was such a mystery in the OG that it left me wanting to know more. In CC you get to see his transformation from an energetic annoying rookie into a experienced 1st class soldier. The story has its strengths and weaknesses but as a whole it's a nice tale of life as a 1st class soldier.

I didnt find the gameplay to be very deep or challenging, but it was fun.

Edit: Forgot to say I'm excited for the port, but kinda wish they saved it for a project after REMAKE was complete so it could get more love. But maybe the release is to give players more info before part 2?

Last edited:

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
I've only played through it once on psp and found it to be a nice addition to the conpilation.

Zack was such a mystery in the OG that it left me wanting to know more. In CC you get to see his transformation from an energetic annoying rookie into a experienced 1st class soldier. The story has its strengths and weaknesses but as a whole it's a nice tale of life as a 1st class soldier.

I didnt find the gameplay to be very deep or challenging, but it was fun.

Edit: Forgot to say I'm excited for the port, but kinda wish they saved it for a project after REMAKE was complete so it could get more love. But maybe the release is to give players more info before part 2?

I wonder about the timing to. It's very essence is a big spoiler of the key point in the OG plot.
I wonder if they're going for some kind of different approach on the subject, though I can't guess what. They sure seem to be planning something for Zack, it's been the center of discussion around, but personally can't guess a solid guess.
In any case, I'll enjoy this ^^

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The devs said Crisis Core isn't a big spoiler to the plot of Remake trilogy. In fact, they want people to play Crisis Core before Rebirth, that way they are more familiar with Zack

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Those screenshots are from 4gamer. They also have a screenshot of the new mission menu. Now it tells us each mission's clear award and number of treasure chests (mid right). It also appears we'll get a bonus materia for clearing a certain percentage of missions (bottom left).

https://www.4gamer.net/games/638/G063882/20221024050/

005.jpg

Some new combat screenshots. Good to see my son Dual Horn again.

006.jpg007.jpg012.jpg015.jpg

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer

Nice to see what are effectively going to be some enemy reveals for Rebirth? You'd assume that the assets would be very similar if not identical.

Maybe showing my ignorance here but what summons were in Crisis Core? Same logic as the above?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There was no Shiva, interestingly. But Ifrit, Bahamut, Phoenix, Odin, and the CC-original Bahamut Fury. Incidentally, it has one of my favorite Odin summon animations.

So, to your point: Phoenix and Odin most likely, although only pre-rendered versions. And given the way the remake project is gonna have to draw out summon reveals, I'm sure we can expect to see every conceivable rendition of Bahamut. Including Fury and Sin. ...those two might have already been in First Soldier, iirc.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, but I didn't think they meant all of THAT. Like holy shit lol :monster:

That's A LOT of new voice work. I'm low-key interested to hear.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
As long as combat still ends with that chirpy upbeat robot voice saying "conflict resolved!" As if you sat down and talked it out with those Wutai soldiers and didn't just brutally hack them up with a sword. Always loved that detail, such a tiny thing that tells you so much about Shinra and Soldier.

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
Those screenshots are from 4gamer. They also have a screenshot of the new mission menu. Now it tells us each mission's clear award and number of treasure chests (mid right). It also appears we'll get a bonus materia for clearing a certain percentage of missions (bottom left).

https://www.4gamer.net/games/638/G063882/20221024050/

View attachment 13087

View attachment 13088View attachment 13089View attachment 13090View attachment 13091
Whoa you can play as Angeal!

Top Bottom