Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
“Square Enix has said it has no plans to remake other FF7 spin-offs like Dirge of Cerberus or Before Crisis, both of which added different character perspectives on the FF7 in-game universe.”

Whoa! So dose this mean remasters all around with new voice actors from remake?! That’s awesome but dose that mean the expanding remake universe won’t have a continuation?!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
If Ever Crisis is still going to be a thing, I’m confident that they’re not going to do anything with BC. I put the odds at 50/50 that by the time FF7R3: ReMeteor is in the can, the fandom’s goodwill and interest will have been exhausted to the point that DoC: ReGackt won’t be considered worth it — especially if the EC version of DoC is trickling in yen.

Redbaron97

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ok, this Remake of Crisis Core looks pretty amazing ngl considering it was my gateway Final Fantasy game. The other being Dissidia 012, of course.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i wonder why they aren't going with ue5? (i am playing around with ue5 lately but i don't know if there's a benefit to using 4 over it, i guess maybe stability and more people with experience in 4?)

that zack model looks very nice, though

Reactions: Ite

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

So they just upscaled the PSP videos, or whatever the original resolution of the files were (because you're not gonna get anything usable with 480x272 PSP resolution), and edited in the non-CC Buster Sword hilt? I was wondering why the CG looked so similar, but now I understand why it also looks so soft/blurry. I'm very disappointed that the FMVs weren't just fully redone with 2022 tech. It also makes for some slight inconsistences between the newer in-game models and the older ones in the upscaled FMVs.

1xRr9tu.jpg

RjC2NgO.jpg

Shame really... I was hoping what I initially thought was AI-uspcaled video (and now confirmed) was just a stand-in for familiarity, and would be replaced with totally redone FMVs as the release date approached.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I booted up the original using a PSP emulator just for funsies and boy oh boy, I completely misremembered just how dang often the DMW interrupts combat at every turn. Like, holy shit is it obnoxious. Somehow I had no problems with it back in 2007 but playing it now just grinds my gears something fierce.
Thank fuck the remaster rectifies that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I hope there's a way to keep the DMW constantly moving and immediately influencing the flow of combat the second a modulating phase happens.

I want to be mid-swing or command input as the game suddenly decides to just do actions for me. Especially when I'm in "Heavenly" status. Just non-stop jackpots, baby.

D

Deleted member 13557

They should’ve just got rid of it entirely it’s such a dumb mechanic

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The DMW system has some rough edges but it's absolutely integral and gives CC it's individuality that's allowed it to distinguish itself and be a fun action game that made it a PSP flagship title. Storyline aside, CC without it's DMW system is a mediocre hack-and-slash JRPG that would completely flub it's climax. It'd be KH Birth By Sleep, FFVII edition.

The fact Crisis Core Reunion is literally refining this system by correcting it's most memorable flaws by giving more user control, being less intrusive, all while still retaining it's core identity and storyline connection is frankly incredible. This will only highlight it's strengths and make it even more enjoyable. Which I imagine is something they couldn't do before given the limitations of designing all of this for a handheld system before.

D

Deleted member 13557

Cool seeing Cloud and Aerith’s current VA’s delivering some CC lines but idk if I’m spending £50 on this. I bought Remake for less.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Launch trailer basically just fast forwards through the entire game because of course it does :lol:

Well, that infamous scream of Cloud's does not sound pathetic in this version anymore so that's good :monster:

Reactions: LNK

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Y'know, I can't guess as to how SE is gonna handle Rebirth, but it seems like that trailer is really spoiler-y about some big plots points, namely
the fact that Cloud wasn't in SOLDIER. That's kind of a big deal in the OG.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...I got nostalgic chills seeing that trailer. Goddamn, it really captured the feel of the 2007 launch trailer which featured some of the same climactic scenes from the entire game. It's been 16 years and now it's back and redone for home consoles.

The Nibelheim scenes are especially noteworthy. Seeing that event redone while hearing the new voice acting is exciting, considering the amount of effort they've put into making it all mesh with Remake aesthetic. I'm really liking the script changes too. Hollander and Genesis's new voice actors sound really good. The FFVII Remake voice actors are unsurprisingly great fits as well.

I just. Can't wait for this. This looks real good, and the gameplay changes make the actual play time experience a novel one.

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
There's already GAMER OUTRAGE because they covered Tifa's cleavage, if you're wondering.
I don't like what they did to her fit not because of the cleavage, it's just...looks really lazy ? And the least they could do was keep her eye color consistent throughout the compilation but nop

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, I don't think that's a box thing, that's it's actual head.

You can see the hair, and the brain with the bolts fastened into it. I think the quality is just poor but that's just Jenova's head.

Reactions: LNK
Top Bottom