• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

CULT OF THE POTATO (Girls' Last Tour Club)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
cult 3.jpg
Here we welcome the blessed root
Child of the Earth
Gift to all mankind
The spud
The POTATO

This morn did I receive a vision, that our brothers @JBedford and @Lulcielid did take on the visage of the divine potato, merely a day after I arose to the mantle.

This was no happenstance, or some treacherous folly. No prank or fool. No coincidence.

No.

This was divine providence.

And so to work I set, to gather those blind sheep who had not embraced the truth, the only truth, of the heart of the Earth. To form a brotherhood of the dirt, of the soil, and the prosperity of the land, and to share the gift of the beloved children. The chosen pair. Yuuri. Chito. The Potatoes.

cult 4.jpg
BLESSED BE THY NAMES
And so I welcome you, fellows of TLS, to join me in this Holy sacrament.

The blessed time.

The CULT OF THE POTATO.

Okay then, introductions are out of the way. So if you hadn't noticed, I've had this stupid little joke going about "potatoes" for a while. this is the peak of that. I did think it was really fucking weird that JBed and lul changed their avatars to the same characters right after I did, and I have zero idea if that was a coincidence or not, but whatever. At least a few people here know of the series anyway.

For the uninitiated, the series in question is an anime called "Girls' Last Tour." It's about the pair of girls pictured above (Yuuri on left, Chito on right.) It became a personal favorite of mine back in march, because of it's mix of light-hearted comedy and serious themes. The girls are some of the last humans alive, living in a multi-leveled city (think Midgar but with like 50 levels) that has been totally abandoned and left to rot after some great war that cause the collapse of humanity. their goal is just to survive day-to-day while finding food, making their way slowly to the top level, while having some actually pretty deep and philisophical discussions about the world around them. It's a really special series, and was totally slept on back when it came out in 2017.

I know damn well this thread isn't going to get any real traction, but I don't give a shit I thought it'd be funny anyway. I'm gonna regret this by tomorrow lol.

So, what to discuss here:
1. Girls' Last tour
2. Real, literal potatoes.
3. Vodka
4. Other potato-related topics

So uh... yeah.

I guess to get started, here's some fan art I did
potatoes_at_sunrise_by_thestrifeisrife_de1c6nm-fullview.jpg

Yep, I worked hard on that.

uh

WELCOME, CHILDREN OF THE POTATO

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Finally you have explained the damned potatoes saga!

This actually seems like it may be my jam, if I ever get around to it. Also, I like that piece you did.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Welcome, sister.

Finally you have explained the damned potatoes saga!
I probably would have kept being vague forever but this seemed funnier.

The show is only legally streaming on Amazon in the US, dunno about anywhere else. But who care about "legal" in a cult anyway amiright?

I assumed the whole potato thing was a reference to the Lalafell in FFXIV, since TLS has a history of referring to the Lalafell as potatoes. Or maybe that was just my misunderstanding.

Count me in.

VHkw3UU.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I assumed the whole potato thing was a reference to the Lalafell in FFXIV, since TLS has a history of referring to the Lalafell as potatoes. Or maybe that was just my misunderstanding.
I never engaged with FFXIV, so i didn't know that. The reason for "potatoes" here is because the fans of the anime call the main characters "potatoes" for reasons beyond me. I realized it'd be funny if I just kept talking about potatoes while nobody knew what the fuck I meant by it. Really though, this thread is for all things "potato" so FFXIV memes are welcome too.

rtc4wnetqjb51.png
Count me in.
Welcome, my brother.

Top Bottom