• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

CULT OF THE POTATO (Girls' Last Tour Club)

62 views, now there's an obscure video.
Just like most of my YouTube videos.

Oooh self-burn

tenor.gif

cropped-cropped-bloovxncuaazswg3.jpg

Is this the ultimate evolution of potato

2001: A Potato Odyssey

I watch myself become an old potato and die

Then I get reborn as a cube potato

Everybody get in the kubrick

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I can totally imagine Cat on Mars chugging down bullets

she also eats iron nails for breakfast

and drinks plutonium juice

Because she can
I have iron with my breakfast so close enough. :neom:
Plutonium juice is too expensive these days smh.

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Our dear cult leader commissioned some potatoes art. Since the only requirement was "do whatever you want" I fulfilled my duties with great joy.
This was the result:
GLT Natsumatsuri DISTRIBUTION 2000px.png
Yuu and Chii go to a Summer festival! So I guess this picture's title would be "Girl's Last Natsumatsuri"?
Drawing them in other contexts is fun. August is the month when Summer festivals are held so the idea sounded like a logical choice to paint.
The sun is setting and some stands are lighting up their lanterns. Our girls arrived early when it's less crowed so Yuu could eat and hoard festival food to her heart's content while Chii played some games; the fish in a bag is a prize.

And this is @Odysseus version of my picture! Yuu really looked like she wanted to eat that fish too. :lol:
what-30august-potatoes natsumatsuri.png

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It really is a great picture. I love your color choices, it just makes my eyes happy to look at. Yuu is adorable, and I like how pleased Chii is with herself to have won that fish. The patterns on their clothes are really lovely as well. Even if that was a pain to do, I'm glad you did!

As for my version, she is really starting at that fish intently, so that's where my brain went lol. Also note the weird stuff happening in the bg lol.

Last edited:
These are wonderful, different takes on the same scene. I especially love the difference that Cat's version emphasizes Yuuri's eyes transfixed with hunger while Odysseus's version has Yuuri drooling a river like the silly person she is. <3

Slightly different topic: Wish I could say I was making progress with reading the manga but it strains my eyes to make out the shapes in the black-and-white format. I just end up longing for more of the anime or for a colored version of the manga.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I especially love the difference that Cat's version emphasizes Yuuri's eyes transfixed with hunger while Odysseus's version has Yuuri drooling a river like the silly person she is. <3
More like gluttonery! She's eating a taiyaki with his arms full of snacks and is thinking about grilled fish smh.
Also, drool wouldn't have looked cute in my style, everybody knows that. :monster:

I love your color choices, it just makes my eyes happy to look at.
I want to print this and hang it on my wall next to my laptop. (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

The patterns on their clothes are really lovely as well. Even if that was a pain to do, I'm glad you did!
This idea simply appeared without planning: sunflowers for Yuu and sakura flowers for Chii. Orange and yelllow are upbeat, cheerful colors! Perfect for Yuu. Pink, and lavender blue look good on Chii.
Yuu's yukata has a more childish pattern while Chii's more mature. Not bad for a first attempt and not using pre-made patterns lol.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I posted this in the favorite art thread awhile ago, but now more people know about POTATO so I have proper context. Tsukumizu (author of GLT) drew Yuffie back in April:
EVP5NQBU8AI_5TT

She's saying "Stay at home and play playstation!" which was something the mayor of Italy said because of young people not taking COVID seriously. It became a meme in Japan.

SEE, IT'S RELEVANT TO FFVII. THIS CLUB TOTALLY BELONGS ON THIS FORUM I SWEAR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom