Cuphead

I don't have a Xbone, so I've been pretty eh about checking out what they've been offering lately, but holy fuck this looks amazing. They NAILED that old cartoon look, it's insane.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
This was so fucking awesome. I hear it's basically a series of awesome bosses in a bullet hell setting, which is basically perfect :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It said "Xbox Exclusive" which means I think it might be on the 360 too :monster:

Those are getting super cheap I think

Lex

Administrator
Joe bought me this (it's on steam) and on average I'm dying 10 times per level lol

Lex

Administrator
I'm having to take breaks from it but I do keep coming back and clearing things each time. That said, I'm not very far in the game yet (I don't think). Bosses have an option of "simple" or "regular" difficulty and I wouldn't recommend "simple" because it's not any easier. It seems they just remove certain phases and it locks you off from content later. As one reviewer put it, "your choice is between really fucking hard and excruciatingly difficult with some reward for the pain".

Twice I have scraped my way to what I think is the end of a boss only for it to transform into something even more difficult. I've literally shouted NOOOOOOOOOO at my screen both times. I suspect this will continue to happen.

I think if you have any nostalgia for this style of animation then the game is a no brainer (to get) - I personally don't because I always associated that animation style as a child with "oh no I'm about to get a history lesson from X family member and I just want to watch cartoons" - I also found the musical style jarring. But even considering my feelings toward it, it's an absolutely beautiful game and I've been bopping along to some of the tracks and thoroughly enjoying myself.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm more interested in the fact that we're getting playable Mugman and FULL ANIMATED CUTSCENES!

Like hell yeah, that's going to be fricken amazing.

and yes, I'm very happy for those who are finally able to play this game.

Top Bottom